+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 440 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree2614Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3911479;
    Has anyone seen Kelly in her modeling days? Since I've never heard of her I assume she was not popular as models like Cindy Crowford, Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, etc. I mean, I think she's attractive (well minus her personality she might be) but she doesn't look like model material. Granted, it could be the years of sun worshiping that she clearly continues to do but anyone with a good photographer and photo-shop could look like a model in print.

Also, she has a strange shaped body. Very broad shoulders and no waist....more like an athlete (I think this has been mentioned before) like Gabriel Reece.
    I hadn't heard of her either. I'm guessing a fair amount of her notoriety came from her husband.

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Has anyone seen Kelly in her modeling days? Since I've never heard of her I assume she was not popular as models like Cindy Crowford, Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, etc. I mean, I think she's attractive (well minus her personality she might be) but she doesn't look like model material. Granted, it could be the years of sun worshiping that she clearly continues to do but anyone with a good photographer and photo-shop could look like a model in print.

Also, she has a strange shaped body. Very broad shoulders and no waist....more like an athlete (I think this has been mentioned before) like Gabriel Reece.
    I've always thought Gabriel Reece to be extraordinarily beautiful, her jock qualities only complimenting her world class beauty as a model. I don't think she's oddly shaped at all, but you know, eye of the beholder and all. The difference with Kelly is the significance of her traits are exactly the reverse. She never has been a real jock, not like Gabriel. So for Kelly, looks got her in the door, but with some training on how to become and stay fit, she has been able to sort of parlay a jock model type veneer on top of what she had, as opposed to actually being a beautiful jock. I think she's one of those large framed, hulking girls who people look at and say, "was can't even come close to that kind of inner beauty, because Gabriel's is rooted in true self confidence in real, true, life accomplishments. Kelly isn't even in the same class. Was she on the Olympic team or something at some point or is she just built like a sail? Do they even still do the axe throw?" As far as I'm concerned Kelly can't even come close to Gabriel's true beauty, in no small part because she doesn't have anything substantial to hang her huge ego on.

Also, I was a weightlifter for decades before I had to stop. In my experience most people who are really dedicated to their sport/fitness for the right reasons, meaning for their own health, accomplishment, happiness and inner peace tended to just go do it without a lot of marketing involved to everyone within earshot. If you called them and they were at the gym they'd say so, but that's about it. Not a lot of discussion outside of that. The posers, the ones doing it so that people would see them in the right places, wearing the right things, maybe even with the right people tended to yap about it a lot. Every time they were off to the gym they made sure everyone around them knew about it so (in theory) they would be impressed and mark in their notes about that person, "Yep, works out. Must be uber cool." How many times have we heard Kelly say, "Well, I'm off to workout, but..." or "I can do it after I work out..." or "I'll catch up after I work out. She seems to be more about the image of someone who goes to the gym than someone who goes there, get's it done, and leaves.

Please, someone set me straight if I'm wrong and Kelly does have some sort of outstanding athletic career I'm not aware of. I certainly don't want to take an accomplishment like that away from anyone, but running a race here and there, and doing Pilates on Thursday morning does not an athletic career make.

Ok, I have to go to the gym now.
    Last edited by Omar_X; 05-24-2010 at 01:11 PM.

I never saw her during her modeling days but she seems to have the qualities needed for success in modeling - good facial bone structure, she's photogenic and clothes drape remarkably well on her [oddly-shaped body with its awful posture].

I have watched the show from the beginning -- last season I thought Kelly came off pretty negatively. This season at the beginnng it did seem like she was trying to play nice in the first few episodes -- but alas the true colors came out. Now we are all reading her take on it - blaming others, blah blah blah. Honestly the girl needs to come clean on whatever the real issues are in her life -- take some responsiblity, fess up to what ever it is, get real counseling, rehab or what ever it is she needs to get it together. I am not a doctor -- but my husband is -- he hates the show but does watch with me some -- this girl looked like she was either on something, trying to get off of something or in need of something -- her behavior was beyond bizarre. I have a lot of girlfriends and have NEVER spoken to them in this manner -- she just seemed completely out of touch with reality -- and she still is. It seems to me she still does not see HER problem or responsibility with this stuff. She is in denial -- the woman needs help -- but she cannot get help until she recognizes that she actually has a problem. her actions were not normal for anyone -- and in the middle of all of the chaos she runs off to get jelly beans? chomp chomp -- I would hope that her loved ones would see her actions and stage an intervention or something -- the woman needs some serious help. I think the others did a remarkable job with handling her -- Sonja is a Saint. I still love Bethany. I have really warmed up to Alex and Ramona. I used to like Jill -- but not anymore and I think Lu Lu is a little lost right now. I know it is like a train wreck but I will be watching this week again. I cannot image what the "worst footage" was that did not get on the air. Maybe we will hear about it at the reunion. Happy Monday

FORT Newbie

Hi Everyone!
    I came from another board to this board on the invitation of a friend and fellow poster....thank you all!
    With that said, I think Kelly is a paranoid schizophrenic...after the melt down she had and her paranoia about Bethenny, it seems pretty obvious (unless it was all editing) that she's got some major issues.
    I feel sorry for her two daughters....to watch that on tape will be beyond hurtful.
    "HP"

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3911501;
    I never saw her during her modeling days but she seems to have the qualities needed for success in modeling - good facial bone structure, she's photogenic and clothes drape remarkably well on her [oddly-shaped body with its awful posture].
    I think she looks terrible...all boney and full of "bumps"....she absolutely creeps me out.
    "HP"

FORT Newbie

A poster on another board said that "another wife will be leaving the show and it's not Bethenny".
    Has anyone else heard that?
    Do we know if Kelly is coming back???
    I really like Sonia....she cracks me up!

HP"

Quote Originally Posted by HocusPocus;3911525;
    A poster on another board said that "another wife will be leaving the show and it's not Bethenny".
    Has anyone else heard that?
    Do we know if Kelly is coming back???
    I really like Sonia....she cracks me up!

HP"

I think it's Alex/Simon who might not come back. I heard that rumor earlier in the season and then Simon made this comment in his Blog Post on Bravo site on April 22nd:

"In the opening credits we see six housewives holding an apple and I wonder if that will change throughout this episode?"

So I dunno - Bethenny for sure is leaving and someone else - that's why two new ones are coming on - Sonja and the other event planner lady.

Please oh please let it be Kelly who is leaving.

I found a pic of her from the modeling days: 24 Hours Vancouver

She looks pretty there. I don't find her at all attractive now (though she did look good when she was made up for her Playboy shoot, I thought).

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3911419;
    Sharon Tate was a beautiful, up and coming model/starlet back in the '60s (wife of pre-child molester Roman Polanski) whose baby died inside her when she was carved up with kitchen knives at a dinner party by the psychotic Manson Family. Bethenny is a tiny little thing to begin with, but pregnant, possibly caught off guard in a quiet corner of the boat, and at the hands of a hulking brute like Kelly, who has hands like OJ, she wouldn't stand a chance.
    Though Kelly did not directly threaten anyone as far as we know, if I were Bethenny the constant verbal imagery of knives stabbing people coming for Kelly's mouth, as well as the sense of vulnerability at having no escape from Kelly in a moment of physical violence in the middle of the night, I could imagine scenarios crossing Bethenny's mind which might lead her to entertain thoughts of hiding all the sharp objects in the galley.

Are such actions usually seen as over the top? Sure. On the the other hand, are the same actions considered prophetically insightful the moment they prove in hindsight to have been a wise, life saving choice? Yep, that too.

I'm just saying that with with Kelly constantly throwing out imagery of knives stabbing people could we really blame Bethenny for having such concerns at the time? I don't think so. It also speaks well of her that at least on camera she never expressed any such of concern. She really was cutting Kelly some slack on that I think.
    Kelly's name and the Manson family's do not belong in the same sentence.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread