+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2594Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I would be proud of Sonja if I was not so suspicious that it was all faked...
    I really do not have much faith in the truth of many of the scenarios on these shows.
    But these women fascinate me...I am "of an age" with most of them and it just boggles my mind how badly grown women will behave just to be on TV and make that money.
    Maveno, Duckyface, Coco46 and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bebecat View Post
    I would be proud of Sonja if I was not so suspicious that it was all faked...
    I really do not have much faith in the truth of many of the scenarios on these shows.
    But these women fascinate me...I am "of an age" with most of them and it just boggles my mind how badly grown women will behave just to be on TV and make that money.
    I'm in their age bracket too, and I'd be on one of these shows in a heartbeat. It think they seem like SOO much fun. Even the fights wouldn't be too bad. They aren't every day and since they are staged to a large degree, I'd have a hard time taking any of it too personally.

Did anyone catch the reunion Part 1? I think Aviva is acting all feisty and catty because she knows other franchise's housewives have gotten the ax for lack of drama. It all seems contrived.

I can't wait for Part 2 when Andy and some of the ladies drill Ramona about her marriage. Luanne seems to really dig in and mentions how Ramona threw things in her face about her marriage and the count cheating with a younger woman. Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GabbyG and Debb70 like this.

I saw it. I thought Kristen seemed the most over the top. I liked Carol's new hair color. She did look like she's had some facial work done though. Not bad, though a little frozen. lol

FORT Fogey

Aviva was getting on my last nerve with the way she kept trying to treat Kristen like the newbie that didn't know her way around the show. I kept waiting for Ramona or LuAnn to point out that Aviva was not exactly a well seasoned veteran herself!

Couldn't stand Aviva, don't like blond(er) Carol as much as darker Carol, I thought Kristen was okay, loved Heather's dress.

I do understand what Aviva was saying about her father, but if you can't control him, don't inflict him on your friends (and the viewing public). I hope she and her father will not be back next year.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fan

Hate aviva. She is a jealous witch.
    Carole's dress too short and tight for her age. The hair is okay but somehow makes her look older, though light hair is supposed to be more flattering as you age.
    Sonia's dress was tacky and cheap-looking. She and Ramona only side with Aviva cuz they got no one left on their side.
    I wish Kristin did not get boobs. Her figure was fine before. Oh well.
    I love it when Luann tells it like it is.

I've heard that RHONY is most likely to be canceled. Not sure if this is true or not but it would not surprise me after watching last night's reunion show. Aviva does not participate in any of the trips and has proved to be a bust. The leg throwing was a shallow attempt to prove herself worthy of high drama and was just ridiculous. She is basically a passive aggressive mean girl bully and just not that interesting. I hope she gets canned. Ramona is boring at this point and she really needs to get some therapy instead of doing this show. Sonja is sad...she is delusional and sees herself as this high society hot ticket...really she is just an embarrassment to her daughter at this point. Looking forward to next week's part two reunion show...looks like Ramona is in full denial battle mode with Andy.

FORT Fogey

I hope they don't cancel this one. I'd like to see it continue with Kristen, Heather and Carole still in the cast. I wouldn't mind LuAnn sticking around too ... though I think that if she's going to be on the show so often, they should call her a cast member. Sonja is amusing, but watching her in the reunion, something crossed over to sad. At one point, I was honestly trying to decide if she's so stupid that she thinks she can say something and people will believe it, or if she is truly dealing with some sort of mental illness. Now that she's crossed over to the pity zone, I think I'd like to see her move on. And I think Ramona is too caught up in what she wants to be on the show. She's too effected by her image, so I'd be okay if she moved on. Aviva I want to see leave no matter what. I don't think there's anything compelling about her. She comes across to me as someone who has always been surrounded by people who handle her with kid gloves, making her the center of everything. She's not in that environment now, and she doesn't know how to function. I'd like to see them cast some women who can get along with Carole, Heather, and Kristen, and let this show lead the Housewives back to the world where they go to parties and support each other rather than everything having to be a drama.
    Imperfect1, Coco46 and ccfromcan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Couldn't stand Aviva, don't like blond(er) Carol as much as darker Carol, I thought Kristen was okay, loved Heather's dress.

I do understand what Aviva was saying about her father, but if you can't control him, don't inflict him on your friends (and the viewing public). I hope she and her father will not be back next year.
    I believe that Aviva's father is suffering from early onset dementia...Aviva would be doing her father a huge favor if she took him for a full cognitive work up and testing. He should not be allowed back on the show...he is repulsive and gross.
    Punkin, Prism and Coco46 like this.

+ Reply to Thread