+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2625Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Aviva was not credited as a cast ember for the trip episodes which is evidence that they were required. There are different production companies that do different cities. So if NY and OC are done by different production companies, that may explain differences in the filming methods, required trips etc.
    Jahim likes this.

That's true, but Aviva may have been removed from the episodes entirely, but LuAnn who was there for every thing wasn't credited for any of it. So, the RHONY Production does seem to have some broad strokes for sure.
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

FORT Fogey

Clearly there was some sort of issue with LuAnn's contract. As I've obsessed over in a few posts, she was treated like a full cast member, but is not credited as one.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    The way they explained Harry leaving the party on WWHL made perfect sense. The whole gang decides to leave the party and go dancing. Sonja was probably just like she was for the horse race not paying attention and not with the crowd, which irked her. Editors saw an opportunity for a storyline and created one.

As for the promise ring ... I think that Harry knowing so many of the women enjoyed being on TV. The women looked for opportunities to get him on TV, and cooked up a story of a more serious relationship with Sonja than he's ever actually had. Even the discussion with Sonja and LuAnn in the aftermath seemed forced, and like the two didn't truly care about it.
    Back to Harry/Sonja and LuAnne for a minute:

Harry's explanation to Sonja, for leaving with LuAnne was that he was told that LuAnne was upset/fragile, and she shouldn't be allowed to leave alone. So he was being the "gentleman" and was only accompanying LuAnne to where ever she was going. BS!!! NOPE! That's not what we SAW on the show! Harry flat-out-LIED! Not only did Harry flirt with LuAnne on camera, but we heard them say, let's get out of here. Then, at Sonja's party (on the last episode) the women told Sonia that they ALL were in the car together: LuAnne, Ramona, Heather, Carole, and maybe even Kristen. So obviously LuAnne WASN'T ALONE and Harry didn't need to rescue her. Bingo! Caught in your lie, Harry! Plus, even if, just for argument's sake, Harry's version had been true, he still should have TOLD SONIA ABOUT IT, + SAID GOODNIGHT TO HER!!!

WTF????? Why do these people continue to LIE when they are ON CAMERA for the whole world to see!!!

As for Harry and his declarations of love and his promise rings --- he's like an adolescent, and about as ready for a 'real' relationship as an adolescent. Too bad for Sonia, cause it's possible that she might be ready for a relationship. But clearly, Being with Harry is just begging for heartbreak!
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 07-26-2014 at 12:35 PM.
    beerbelly likes this.

FORT Fan

Harry was into that ring/commitment BS about as much as a defendant listening to his sentencing...it was ridiculous.
    Prism likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bebecat View Post
    Harry was into that ring/commitment BS about as much as a defendant listening to his sentencing...it was ridiculous.
    Hysterical. Part of me likes to think Harry really has a soft spot for Sonja. The other part of me says Harry enjoys the camera and is learning the tricks for how to get on it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Hysterical. Part of me likes to think Harry really has a soft spot for Sonja. The other part of me says Harry enjoys the camera and is learning the tricks for how to get on it.
    The second one. If he had any feelings for Sonja, he would not have trotted over to Luann minutes after that weird non-proposal. I never saw anyone seem less interested after giving someone a "promise" ring. It was almost comical.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Harry's history with this group of women is so tangled and intertwined that it's ... inbred.
    As far as I can see, Harry is just an aging skirt hound who really is one of the friends in this social circle, and I believe that he probably looooves playing the role of the objet d'amour in the "Shared-Man Farce" that Sonja and Luann are perpetuating. It flatters his ego, and yep, I think he enjoys the camera time.

(Hmmm, I've lost count - which has "bagged" more HWs - Harry or Slade? )

With ratings being a bit dicey for the NY franchise, the castmates may have had some concern that Bravo might re-boot with a new cast, and that could have motivated some of the nonsense. Sonja & Luann most likely did have an eye toward trying to keep themselves interesting/relevant enough to receive invitations back for yet another season by creating a high-drama cliff-hanger at the end of this season. Maybe they are even hoping that they will be poised to negotiate for salaries at the higher end of the HW scale.

Same~Same = Aviva and her silly leg fling thing ... and, didn't that came off as totally forced and ... ... lame? (Apologies for the bad double entendre)
    Clearly she was waiting for a cue that no one ever delivered - but she had learned her lines from that "script" in her head, and she wasn't about to let her opportunity pass.

If Bravo is going to indulge quite so much creative "reality" from these HWs, maybe they need to get them some acting coaches.
    Last edited by Fo'Realz?; 07-26-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typo
    Punkin, beerbelly and Coco46 like this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

I was proud of Sonja to dump Harry. He will never change and will keep hurting her. I can't believe they got a dog together.....
    Prism likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I was proud of Sonja to dump Harry. He will never change and will keep hurting her. I can't believe they got a dog together.....
    Ya know, I totally agree with you. The fact that she "dumped" him and his supposed "next level" ring, was a major kudos from me...and I don't even like Sonja. I said (after she did that), "this is the first time I'm proud of Sonja for doing something".
    beerbelly, Prism and Imperfect1 like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread