+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 415 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast
Like Tree2222Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3910807;
    I wonder how the trip will be spun on the reunion...will Jill and Luann see what we saw or will they still make excuses for Kelly's behavior?
    I think both Jill and LuAnn will see what we all saw, but I have a feeling Jill won't admit to it. I think LuAnn might, though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dippitydoo;3910808;
    ...Kind of like when Jill said she was at that ice skating charity event `with Johnny Weir'; she made it sound like she was actually there with Weir. And then clearly it was a case of Weir being at the event, but having no association with Jill whatsoever.
    To be fair, I think it was reported that Johnny Weir had given Jill lessons, but yes, Jill probably made it seem grander than what it actually was.

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3910807;
    I got the feeling that Jill thinks/knows that something is not right with Kelly because when Kelly was on the phone with Jill, Jill telling her to walk away and saying 'you don't need that' (paraphrasing) in regards to Bethenny (according to Kelly) was doing.

I think if anything Bethenny doesn't really need Kelly's crap considering she's pregnant.

I wonder how the trip will be spun on the reunion...will Jill and Luann see what we saw or will they still make excuses for Kelly's behavior?
    I'm not even thinking about the reunion show yet. There is still plenty to come this week.

Quote Originally Posted by dippitydoo;3910808;
    I wonder just how good of friends Kelly is with Gwyneth; I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly just met Gwyneth once, and is now saying they're good friends because she's a name-dropper.
    Kind of like when Jill said she was at that ice skating charity event `with Johnny Weir'; she made it sound like she was actually there with Weir. And then clearly it was a case of Weir being at the event, but having no association with Jill whatsoever.
    When speaking of Kelly's possibly deep, abiding state of BFFness/pinky-swear-forever-gagement with Ms. Paltrow (a near tantric state where each of them can hardly tell where she ends and the other begins - except on Pilates days), while we cannot completely rule out the possibility that they actually do meet up for super secret mani/pedis in London every week and share secretes of only the best, most cutting edge lemon/cayenne pepper fast data, we also have to take into account that Kelly may have meant something a bit less strong and dramatic than her words implied (you know, words meaning things and all). I am willing to allow that perhaps Kelly meant something a bit less dramatic (read: crazy), yet still most substantial and meaningful. She could have meant the word "friend" in a bit broader sense, like "we are both vertebrates" or "we both own various round things," her use of the word "friend" being logically extended from those admittedly random commonalities. The possibilities are simply endless.

FORT Fanatic

Any idea when the current series ends? It's exhausting to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3910568;
    I think Kelly has multiple personalities. Stories have come out that she would meet people she's met and act as if it was the first time they've met. I think it's because she's all about facades and lies. Have you heard about lying so much you forget which is the truth? That's prolly her life story.

You are so right. Bethenny said the exact same thing about her. I think it started at one of the fashion shows...but B said 'we've met 5 or 6 times and she never says hi...like she never met me before'.

B said that a long time ago...maybe during Kelly's first few episodes. Amazing how even back in the beginning...B was right.

I am happy that everyone is finally seeing Jill Zarin for who she really is, I never understood why she had so many fans...I couldn't stand her or her voice from day one...in fact I used to mute the tv when she came on....ugh...her voice is like nails on a chalk board to me. Jill thinks she can buy friendships with money.......I like how she thinks everyone won't be upset when she busts in on their vacation as long as she comes bearing gifts....can't stand that woman!

Regarding Kell, on her blog this week she wrote the following:
    I have never endured such a difficult time with four women.
    Trust your instincts.

There were about 400 comments where 99% of them told Kelly to seek help and do it quickly.

In addition to be a little psychotic...I really think she might be using recreational drugs. Everything points to it. The mood swings, the way she makes no sense, her forgetfulness, her hyper focus on certain things (like Bethanny), her strange diet, the domestic violence charge against her after she assaulted her boyfriend, the way she can't stop playing with her hair, the way she comes back from her "time outs" in a different mood....etc..
    Also, I noticed that Kelly has a very limited vocabulary which includes "OH MY GOD", "HONESTLY?", "LIKE", "I DON'T CARE", "YOU KNOW WHAT?".....one other thing she always says is UGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.....I really think at one point in her life, she must have been an intelligent fun woman to be around, why else would her ex husband married her?

It made no sense how she told the other women that she wanted to take their picture because she wanted to let them know how wonderful she thought they all were but less than 24 hours prior to that, she told them all how demented and viscious they all were.

I think we have only scratched the surface as to how crazy Kelly is, I believe she is very violent and she has something very personal against Bethanny....If I were Bethanny, i would be very careful around Kelly.....did you all notice how she was sooo quick to say that if anyone went near her girls, she would "claw their eyes out" and the way she refers to Bethanny as having knives for a tongue? and the way she was doing the Psycho imitation to Jill while on the phone?
    I say these are all warning signs and that the girls better watch out. I truly hope Bravo has done a little background investigation on this nut and also....hope that they do random drug testing!

KK4
    FORT Fan

I hope Bravo was accountable and got Kelly some immediate help after this episode. I can't believe they kept filming ( and aired) this train wreck.
    It's quite sad.I have a family member with "problems" that I won't disclose here---I don't want to say Kelly has the same "problem", but man it's close to the heart....she needs help.

One other thing that annoys me is when Kelly keeps harping on the "I'm all alone ... " Sonja came there to befriend you and make sure she wasn't ganged up on/bullied/whatever. But that doesn't fit into your delusion, so nevermind.

Bravo needs to be responsible for getting Kelly help. And maybe providing security for Bethenny and Alex!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by KK4;3910981;
    I hope Bravo was accountable and got Kelly some immediate help after this episode. I can't believe they kept filming ( and aired) this train wreck.
    It's quite sad.I have a family member with "problems" that I won't disclose here---I don't want to say Kelly has the same "problem", but man it's close to the heart....she needs help.
    Depending on the terms of her contract Bravo may or may not have been responsible for seeing to her medical care at all. After all, she IS an adult woman, who claims to be well traveled, wealthy, and would be more than cable of laying in her own preparations for any eventuality. She's not someone's teenager they borrowed to shoot a couple of epis in the islands like The Bradys, and took full responsibility for her until delivered back to mom and dad's doorstep. Now, on a human compassion level would I hope they did what they could to get her some help and comfort, up to the point that she wanted it, needed it, and was willing to accept it? Absolutely!

We have to remember though, legally since she didn't appear to be a clear and present danger to herself or anyone else (as determined under real mental health guidelines and the law, and not us utterly unqualified bystanders gossiping on a message board), there would have been very little that could have been done to compel her to do anything. She would have had to pretty much directly threaten explicit harm to herself or someone else in order for the authorities to compel her to do anything. In reality all she really did was say some super crazy things. If I had been Bethenny though, I think I would have hidden all of the sharps from the kitchen just to be sure. Sharon Tate was a real person after all, but that's a different show.

As for Bravo airing that episode, apparently they chose not to air the worst of it, and she might be thankful they chose to show some discretion. That kind of thing is exactly why people tune in week after week - the drama. That was the first really REAL reality TV I've seen in a long long time. This epi just happened to have the season making, undiluted, REAL drama everyone is usually looking for. You have to admit it was one hell of a lot more interesting than Nini Leakes (ATL HWs) driving around trying to create her own "are you my Daddy" storyline, or yet another fashion line, or book, (YAWN...), etc. After all, people don't watch NASCAR to be amazed at how well someone can do 300 left turns in a row. No, at the heart of the sport people are tuning in to catch that rare and spectacular wipe out. Do they really want anyone hurt? Of course not. They want that driver back so he (or she) can wreck again. No one died here either, but she sure trimmed back her own ego several notches, and no one did it but her.

I can understand why this might have hit close to home for you, but we have to remember no one held a gun to any one of these women's heads and made them do this show. This has been a feature of the discussion ever since the HWOC started years ago. If any of these people don't want their personal laundry aired for the entire world to see and comment on, all they have to do is not chase the notoriety and spending change that comes with it. They don't get to choose which part will be seen and which part will not. They are either all in or not at all.

My guess is your relative with a similar problem to Kelly has something approaching humility and wouldn't be caught dead so full of her own ego that she's out re-routing noon hour traffic in downtown manhatten so she can try to look cool running down the middle of the street in her own ad hoc Nike commercial, all of it at the expense, frustration and inconvenience of the other millions of people around her just trying to live their lives. Really, how much more selfish could a person be?

No, I say she put herself up there for everyone to admire her "fabulous life," and ended up showing her not so fabulous butt instead. That is only her fault, not Bavo's, or yours, or mine.
    Last edited by Omar_X; 05-23-2010 at 10:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread