+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2220Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Sonja and Ramonacoaster are boring. There is no level of minutia too small to babble about endlessly.
    Sonja is just plain boring, and the Coaster is a simpleton.
    Punkin, candor and momrek06 like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I laughed when Kristen had to add in that she wouldn't want her husband to sing her a love song. She's just not into that kind of thing. Yeah. Right. lol She doesn't realize how obvious it is when you deny you want something, because you know you can't have it.
    prhoshay likes this.

This series has been pretty lame especially now that we know about Mario & Ramona. They should already be filming next season right now. I haven't seen a mantion of it at all. Perhaps Andy & Co. are doing a reboot. I am fine with that.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I've read a couple of places that Andy is no longer the creative director of the Housewives brand. He's now doing other things for Bravo, such as What What's Happening Live. So, if it's not up to him who is hired and fired from Bravo, I guess I can't blame him for the mess it's become. Things were better when he was in charge, IMO.

I am liking Heather because she is real.

Kristin--just a mess. It should not take her an additional ten years to figure out how to be nice to people. Ultra poor hostess. If your guests do not want to do something, do not force them to do it, and do not badger them on and on either.

I guess I could give Ramona a pass given what she has undergone with Mario.
    You can do it!

But has Ramona ever given anyone a 'sympathy pass'. I think not! Do unto others......, you know?
    Prism and Imperfect1 like this.

This was filmed way before she found out about Mario

They don't film until after the reunion and after contracts are negotiated.

FORT Fan

No pass for Ramona. She gets off on being mean and thinks she is being funny and "honest". She USED to be a bit funny but she has aged into just plain meanness. And having a bad time in your personal life never excuses meanness to others, Imo. Be mean to Mario. He is the problem.
    Punkin likes this.

I'm not giving Ramona any more passes, but I'm especially not giving Andy Cohen a pass on the whole housewives series. Not only has he produced and shepherded the shows since the beginning, but he's almost a supernumerary character, with his blogs, oversight of the cast, revolving door of interviews, and reunions, favorite characters whom he tirelessly promotes, and insistence that everyone who visits "What what happens" claim to be some sort of devoted Housewives fan.

Anyway, according to Wikipedia, he's still the head producer of the series, even if he's no longer Bravos' development chief:

"After holding the title as head of development for Bravo for over 10 years, Cohen resigned in November 2013. He continues to serve as an executive producer of The Real Housewives franchise and host of Watch What Happens: Live."

So as far as I'm concerned pretty much everything concerned with these shows is attributable to his vision, and his often not very edifying vision of what the audience needs to watch.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread