+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2466Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Everyone here seems to think the in-laws were just the loveliest people ever-- and they may well have been. But I totally sympathize with Bethany in not wanting them to practically move in together. Given her background and her lack of any independent relationship with them-- and her independent loner spirit-- it's understandable that she found this enforced closeness invasive and unwelcome. And the constant condemnations from Jason in combination with her self guilt-tripping neuroticism, must have made it intolerable.

She seems to be an incredibly needy person to me, but she had a right for her voice to be heard in the relationship with the grandparents-- and I don
    't think that was happening.

FORT Fogey

I think single Bethenny allowed herself to be too focused on being single and childless. Jason came along and the way he challenged her made her feel good. Then she accidentally got pregnant and it seemed like all her problems were being solved at once. The truth is, it happened so fast that neither she nor Jason took the time to truly get to know each other. That's why their marriage failed. Bethenny can make a relationship with her impossible because so much of life must revolve around her. But at the same time, I can see where Jason's passive aggressive nature could lead him to see Bethenny's weaknesses (easy since she puts the out for all to obsess over) and manipulate them to his advantage. Those two were a disaster waiting to happen, and it did.
    GabbyG likes this.

I don't think Bethenny changed with success. I think she's been the way she is for a long time. Everyone that she has brought up who was in her life for many years, has the same thing to say about Bethenny. She chews people up and spits them out. That's how she has described herself on numerous occasions. Some people cannot be happy. Time will tell with Bethenny. I strongly suspect that the relationship that Bethenny had with her parents will be repeated with Bryn.
    Coco46 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't think Bethenny changed with success. I think she's been the way she is for a long time. Everyone that she has brought up who was in her life for many years, has the same thing to say about Bethenny. She chews people up and spits them out. That's how she has described herself on numerous occasions. Some people cannot be happy. Time will tell with Bethenny. I strongly suspect that the relationship that Bethenny had with her parents will be repeated with Bryn.
    I suppose. I really don't know anything about Bethany beyond Bravo stuff. Although, I do believe some of her relationship are real. I think her relationships with both Jill and Jason were genuine - for a time. When her world started to change, here relationship with these two changed.

Gawd. I remember S1 or S2....can't recall which when Bethany had Alex work on her logo (for about 2 seconds...it wasn't good). Bethany's climb to the top was pretty quick after that.

FORT Fan

Gah, I never liked Bethany and am glad she is gone.
    Doesn't she have her own thread, lol...
    Maveno, Jexter, Coco46 and 2 others like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    why would Bethenny want to cut Jason out of their little girl's life?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
    I'm one of Bethenny's biggest fan and I too have been following her closely from day one of RHNY. I can see that she is very polarizing, and she's the first to admit it. People either like her a lot or dislike her a lot.

I'm really, really sorry that her marriage to Jason didn't work out, because at first, they seemed to be really good together. But I have a feeling that one of the big issues was her enormous financial success, and Jason's LACK of financial success. And Jason wanted it BOTH WAYS, but he couldn't have it both ways. He wanted to share in the money and the perks that came from Skinny Girl, but he didn't want to WORK for Skinny Girl. And to me, it looked like he couldn't handle it. And in the last season of their reality show, you could really SEE how he would endlessly needle her and be difficult to her. In fact, once or twice he even SAID that he knew just how to get to her, and really enjoyed doing it. Not that Bethenny has been perfect. Far from it. But Jason hasn't been perfect either.

Bethenny has taken a much harder hit than most celebrities, in regard to her huge wealth and her divorce. I'm sorry about that cause I don't think she deserves it. It's so easy for all of us to harshly criticize her --- but let's look at how perfect we all are, in our own lives.

PS Back, for a second, to the issue of whether Bethenny is trying to cut Jason out of Bryn's life --- NO, I don't think she's at all doing that. She fought to stay in New York to do her talk show, instead of the original plan of doing it in California, just so that JASON COULD STAY IN BRYN'S LIFE! Bethenny just wants primary custody and Jason's refusing to give it. That's not trying to cut him out of Bryn's life.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 06-22-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

For me, anything short of joint custody effectively limits one parent's evolvement in the child's life. Baring extenuating circumstances, a parent who wants to be actively involved in their child's life after a divorce should be encouraged, not limited by the whim of the other.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Is it reasonable to say that none of us know Bethenny or Jason beyond what is shown on TV or written? Therefore none of us can argue the sides of their divorce with certainty because they have not shared it like they did their wedding and early married life?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Is it reasonable to say that none of us know Bethenny or Jason beyond what is shown on TV or written? Therefore none of us can argue the sides of their divorce with certainty because they have not shared it like they did their wedding and early married life?
    Particularly when the divorce is contentious.
    GabbyG likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Yea, I agree.. I think Bethenny has her own thread.. I hate having to scroll past the Beth talk, in hopes of finding juicy current HW posts.
    AmyKay and Bebecat like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread