+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 428 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast
Like Tree2463Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Kelly acts just like my disowned ex-sister. Her past crazy behavior has caused her to become unwelcome with my daughters, my spouse, and me. As a sister, growing up with her was no picnic - that's putting it mildly. But, my family and I have overlooked many incidents with this crazy person. The final straw was her accusing me of burglarizing my dad's house the day he died. I would never steal anything, let alone from my own father. Harder to believe about her accusation was the fact that my dad and I didn't even live in the same states!

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3910377;

There was something weirdly cartoonish about that Coerte dude though. I had to think about it for a while, but then it hit me. If you remove the notion from your mind that he actually has a lower half (which would account for him being nearly a foot shorter than her), and imagine that he has someone's hand stuffed inside him to animate him (I know...I know...) it was easy to imagine him as a Muppet standing there talking to Lulubelle (who could be interchanged for JoAnn Worley)!! It was the way he laughed that made me see that. He didn't seem to have any sort of mid-range laugh, no. It's like everything he laughs at is the funniest thing yet to draw his laugh in this lifetime, which is either the weirdest string of coincidences ever, or just hugely fake and pretentious. His laughs are all super dramatic, like so even the people in the cheap seats could clearly see his stage presence (and stupid hair) as he laughs with joy and bare knuckled range in a small dingy, basement bar. Every time he laughed it really did look like he was chanelling the spirit of Madam or Fozzy Bear (yeah...I know...I...really...well) Every time he laughed it was with mouth opened as fully as possible (imagine hinges just in front of his ears that allow his mouth to travel a full 180dg, with tonsils and eyeballs pointed so straight up that only God could see them. Once I saw him that way I could have sworn I could see little subdued control sticks on each hand. Poor guy, but good to hear Jim Henson is still around.
    That was SO FUNNY to me!! And I can totally see what you're describing!! Thank you for a much needed laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3909730;
    At first I thought Kelly was just being a PITA but I realized at the same time as the women that something was very wrong with her. Hope she gets help for the sake of her kids.
    I've decided I like the new housewife, Sonja, she's rational and funny.
    I love the house they are staying in. I love the Virgin Islands, the most beautiful place in the world IMO. My favorite pre-recession vacation.
    The reason Jill is going down there is because she has not been the center of attention for the past couple shows and it was probably killing her. I like when Bethenny imitated Jills New York nasal 'HI', she sounded like a foghorn!
    I agree with you about Jill. I guess it doesn't matter to her whether the attention is good or bad-- it's still attention. So down to the Virgin Islands she goes! I can't wait to see next week. From the expression on Ramona & the other women's faces it doesn't look like they'll be even fakey happy to see her (No air kisses for her! I agree with the poster who said it's WAY overdone. Ridiculous looking at times)

I love the Virgin Islands,too!! My avatar is of St. Croix, one of the three Virgins. I lived there as a teenager and used to go to this beach. Now I have the sundamaged skin to prove it. (oh who am I kidding... I'd do it all again!)

FORT Fogey

I think Kelly has multiple personalities. Stories have come out that she would meet people she's met and act as if it was the first time they've met. I think it's because she's all about facades and lies. Have you heard about lying so much you forget which is the truth? That's prolly her life story. And what's up with the 1979 reference? She's said it so many times (maybe a traumatic year for her). And before, maybe she can channel one personality at a time and focus on that personality but something has unhinged her and all the personalities come out simultaneously. So while she can deny things that have happened because of a time gap, having a record (a TV show) just proves all these fabrications she's made up. And she gets a personalized bag with freebies and her reaction was to cry and call Jill and fabricate a story where she's being victimized. And she is so unintelligent. Like when Bethenny said "You can't handle the truth!" (as in A Few Good Men) and Kelly said she was channeling Al Sharpton. And instead of saying "making a mountain out of a molehill" she said "turning lemons to lemonade". I think her tactic was to get at Bethenny by accusing her of attacking her kids and in turn vilifying her (switching the tables on her). And Jill is so 2-faced. And creating all these scenarios from Kelly's stories knowing who Kelly is. And don't get me started on the Countless...

I did a recap on this episode. It's on my homepage if you want to take a look.

This season is the most ~real~ one yet. No one could act that crazy. It's the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by Housewives Fan;3910596;

This season is the most ~real~ one yet. No one could act that crazy. It's the real deal
    That's also what SJP said on WWHL. And I trust an award-winning actress to know what's real and what's acting!

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3910482;
    I believe that whatever is wrong with Kelly may be treatable. I don't know what she has, but I don't think she means to be evil. Danielle is a sociopath and there is no cure for that. Just stay as far from her as possible. That both women are mothers is sad. I hope the fathers of these children grow a heart and step in. It's desperately needed.
    Would totally agree.
    I see Danielle as meanspirited, but fully aware of everything around her.
    Kelly definitely had a serious breakdown. And, I don't believe she is at all aware of things going on around her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3910568;
    I think Kelly has multiple personalities.
    I was wondering that myself. The split must have happened in 1979...

BTW, I'm suspecting that Kelly is focuing her venom on Bethenny because Bethenny was probably the first person to called her on her facade and expose it. Bethenny saw right through the mask and let Kelly know it. Now poor Bethenny is paying the price... Lock your doors, girl!
    Last edited by meemee2000; 05-22-2010 at 08:02 PM.

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;3910645;
    I was wondering that myself. The split must have happened in 1979...
    Hang on a Cock-a-doodle-Kelly minute. There is a huge difference between Dissociative Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder) and simply being psychotic or just being an intense and utter bitch. Even just being psychotic can appear much more complex when other complicating factors like Arrested Development or Borderline Personality are thrown in as well. I haven't seen anything in Kelly to suggest Dissociative Identity Disorder, whereas I think there are clear signs of a psychotic break in last night's show. We don't know what was edited out and didn't see anything that would lead the us to believe there are distinct and separate personalities. I know for sure I don't have the credentials to arrive at that destination and I doubt anyone else does either.

How much of Jill showing up had to do with Bravo telling her to go, do you think? Especially after all the crap everyone gave Alex for bring Simon along to the girls' night party during an earlier season, what part of Socialite Jill thinks its OK to bring your husband along to a bachelorette party, especially without asking the host??

+ Reply to Thread