+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2201Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I don't like Aviva one bit and her father is repulsive but IMO nobody is as despicable as Brandi who willingly involved two innocent children in her quest to create a story line for her. The revelation of Adrienne's surrogacy has to be one of the vilest things I have seen in any of the HW shows
    candor likes this.

I know nothing about the Morgans except that they are old money and I can't imagine Sonja's behavior would have fit well into their world.
    Jexter, GabbyG and Coco46 like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought she looked foolish in that too short, puffy cap-sleeved dress she wore when she was leaving for the Hamptons(?).
    livin4reality likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just read she gets $220,000 per episode on HWoNY. I thought they got something like that per season!

I guess I could act the drunken fool for that kind of money.
    Punkin and Jexter like this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I thought she looked foolish in that too short, puffy cap-sleeved dress she wore when she was leaving for the Hamptons(?).
    Yes, way too young for her...or any of them, really...puffy sleeves are for girls, imo
    Punkin and Dragonlady like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I just read she gets $220,000 per episode on HWoNY. I thought they got something like that per season!
    That seems high for NYC given the low ratings. I read an article about Apollo from ATL. He said one of the reasons he went back to crime was the pressure he felt trying to keep up with his wife and the demands of the show. He stated Phaedra's salary in the 600K per year range. Seems odd that Sonja would make more than Phaedra - given NYC's overall much lower ratings I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I know nothing about the Morgans except that they are old money and I can't imagine Sonja's behavior would have fit well into their world.
    Agreed. I can't help but think that Sonja's brand of charm was something different back in the day. I imagine she was still eccentric but in a more refined way. Does anyone know why Sonja and Mr. Morgan divorced?
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Agreed. I can't help but think that Sonja's brand of charm was something different back in the day. I imagine she was still eccentric but in a more refined way. Does anyone know why Sonja and Mr. Morgan divorced?
    I'll be darned if I can find out! After creeping about in the darker parts of the interwebs, I can find nothing. Not even speculative gossip. I'm not the best at hunting things down and most of what I learn of backstories I learn right here at The Fort. But aside from stories of her anger that he won't pay $3 million on his divorce settlement and owes $300,000 in child support, there's not much dirt to dig up. (This is my thinly veiled challenge for some of you good diggers to start digging.) It doesn't sound like an ideal match, he's 33 years older and in his 80's. (What was he thinking?) She claims he doesn't care anything about her or their daughter. It doesn't sound like an amicable parting and he refuses to allow her onto a couple of properties they co-own through the divorce settlement. They seem to have been unusually successful in covering up the nasty details. I'd ask that chatty facial lady! Enquiring minds.....

It looks like the old guy just wised up to his mistake.
    Punkin likes this.
    You can do it!

But, even then, the old goats still tend to care for their progeny. (The auld bloodline, you know.) I wonder if she has used the child as a pawn in the relationship? If he felt she was lacking as a mother you'd think he'd have plenty of ammo for a custody battle. But the girl is in boarding school. I don't understand why the daughter is in boarding school instead of at home. Sonja seems to have lots of free help, so finding a babysitter for Sonja's busy social and sexual life doesn't seem to pose a problem. Yet, I'm comforted the girl is away from the disaster that has become "Sonja". And, likely she is getting better examples to follow with her boarding house mentors than she would in the Sonja Circus.

The ways of the wealthy are a mystery to me. Doubtless they always will be.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread