+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 441 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Just saw the last episode. WOW! Bethanny and Alex's facial expressions- They looked truly frightened. Yes, Kelly needs help, ASAP. I feel extremely bad for her children; who are probably witnesses to this type of behavior and even worse from her in their everyday life. I hope their dad is very involved and knows what is going on and is willing to step in and protect them.
    I didn't like Sonja, but I like her much more after this episode. She stayed mature, calm, and grounded and even gracious in the midst of a scary situation.
    Kudos to Ramona for appologizing to B about the Brooklyn bridge incident.

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3910415;
    There are lots of good points made regarding the last episode. It was rather shocking, but when I think back, it shouldn't be too surprising. Remember when Kelly first came on the show? Do you recall the bizarre and irrational things she said right from the beginning.

For example, she told Bethenny that she was up here (hand motioning up high) and Bethenny was down here (hand motioning down low). Later she denied she said that.

Remember when she asked to meet Bethenny to talk and then acted like it was Bethenny who had wanted it? She will say something on camera and then later vehemently deny she said it, even with it on film. THAT is scary. She likes to rehash old discord and when the other person stops the rehash, she will then look at the camera and take credit for stopping the rehash. WHAT?

I think she has always been like this, but we are just now seeing more of it now.
    Many posters are saying Kelly needs help and I'm no profiessional, but I don't know that there is help for personality disorders. Not saying that's what she has, but her behavior raises lots of questions.

I do adore Sonja. Let's hope she gets more air time next season.
    At her core I think Kelly is an intensely dishonest person. In the interest of fairness let's allow that perhaps it is only a function of her own mental illness, and always has been. No matter what the source or cause, I think the dishonesty and deceit we see in Kelly now is a lifetime pattern that has always been dependent on her being able to just sort of bat her eyes, wiggle hips, (insert distraction method here) and get people (especially men) to believe most anything she says. Whatever her past tactics have been, the thing most getting in her way of successfully pulling off the same thing now is she has never had a 24/7 camera there before to actually capture a more objective version of events and cold bust her every lie, thus all the weird incoherence in her story now. I also doubt she has ever met the likes of Bethenny Frankel either.

I have to wonder about the setting for Kelly's teen years. Her childishness, and all but transparent high school mean girl tactics reek of Arrested Development behavior. I'd have to pull out my old sophomore Psych books to know more, but if memory serves that kind of development is the result of some sort of trauma. I'm not offering that as an excuse for her by any stretch now, but it's a thought. By the time we are 40ish and especially if we're parents, it is our responsibility to identify and get some help for that kind of non-organic, non-chemical imbalance, talk it out, "how do you feel about that" stuff.

I can't help but think that as this season has aired and her true colors have been on display, in all corners there are untold numbers of people, everyone from other models, to ex-husbands, to gardeners, to sales clerks to chauffeurs, to hamburger flippers who feel exonerated and liberated by how she and her tactics have been exposed. There is just no telling how many dozens of people Kelly has left in her wake over the years as she remorselessly and baselessly accused, blamed, screwed over, damaged careers, ruined lives all because they were either little people who didn't count or she perceived as rivals and needed out of the way. Since grade school she was one of the pretty girls and later a privileged wife/hanger on, so I think it safe to say she could simply point her finger quite often and be the winner of a "Kelly said/(unidentified person) said contest". Even without this breakdown we could see it in her casual disregard for the feelings, effort and time of not just her peers, but the people she was supposed to be impressing so as to become one of their upper crust clique. The Halloween Party comes to mind. Her attitude is always, "So yeah, I was doing whatever I wanted, however I wanted, on my time table that was different from what we agreed and I didn't need to inform you. What's the big deal? Get over it. I'm Kelly. That's how I roll. What's wrong with you?" So, I have no problem painting quite a picture of what she has been like to the hired help over the years and just how much of a just comeuppance this is for many, many people.

Oh my...Kelly's kid(s) just occurred to me. You know, Joan Crawford put on quite the "great mom" act in public, but in private life was a living hell for her kids.

I wonder if CPS has checked into their welfare?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3910440;
    Yes, it shows how Kelly can really put a spin on things to her advantage. Totally pathetic.

The Real Housewives of New York City - Videos - Kelly's Side of the Story | Bravo TV Official Site
    This wasn't a spin. It was just more of Kelly's straight up lies. The amazing thing is she STILL doesn't grasp the fact that the camera IS RIGHT THERE and isn't going to play along to lie for her. Just WOW!!

Every time she strikes rock bottom, she just breaks out a pick and starts digging.

FORT Fogey

Re: Dogs also air kiss!!

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3910379;
    Is it just me or has this double air kiss thing reached a really absurd extreme that borders on OCD now? It really does remind me of bunch of dogs sniffing each others butts every time they meet at the park, but dogs actually do it for a useful purpose instead of just aping that latest trend of a heap of snotty Europeans.

I think it really does show a weak sense of self when people do that kind of thing. We have our culture, as do they, and neither has to trump the other for both to be perfectly valid. Sure enough, there have been a couple of the HO-NYs who were more insistent on it than others. Yet the others just sort of went along with it to avoid taking a bunch of crap.

As always the husbands are a hoot to watch. I can't think of a single time that seen one of the actual husbands air smooch one of the other husbands. This even includes Simon.
    I think they do it because they all wear 5 pounds of lip gloss and don't want to leave big lip prints on each other. I wish they'd just say hi. I don't feel the need to physically embrace people every time I see them. If I hug someone it is because I genuinely love them. This whole business of hugging and kissing everyone who crosses your path is disingenuous. It implies an affection and warmth that is rarely really there.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by megan31917;3909896;
    They were just comparing Danielle's (NJ Housewives) craziness to Kelly's (NY Housewives)

Personally I think Kelly wins.
    I believe that whatever is wrong with Kelly may be treatable. I don't know what she has, but I don't think she means to be evil. Danielle is a sociopath and there is no cure for that. Just stay as far from her as possible. That both women are mothers is sad. I hope the fathers of these children grow a heart and step in. It's desperately needed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3909641;
    I think her coming back with the jellybeans is the most uncomfortable moment of the show.
    And then she called them gum berries. Why does she only eat candy and not real food? This makes me think there is some chemical thing going on with her.

Re: Dogs also air kiss!!

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3910481;
    I think they do it because they all wear 5 pounds of lip gloss and don't want to leave big lip prints on each other. I wish they'd just say hi. I don't feel the need to physically embrace people every time I see them. If I hug someone it is because I genuinely love them. This whole business of hugging and kissing everyone who crosses your path is disingenuous. It implies an affection and warmth that is rarely really there.
    Exactly!! It's fake intimacy, which to me hints of fake qualities on most any other level you'd care to examine. First we saw people begin to drift toward hugging everyone in sight all the time instead of a simple handshake (blame it on Barney), which is equally as fake as the air kiss, but also very unwieldy if done equitably and without leaving anyone out. If the video I watched on how the double air kiss is to be done correctly it is just as ridiculous and unworkable for any group except true close personal friends.

With the air kiss, if done correctly every person in the group is supposed to greet every other person in the group when both arriving and leaving. Dogs manage to pull off the same thing with the butt sniff, but much more efficiently because of the reduced likelihood of anyone's feelings being damaged if skipped on occasion and a spiteful column planted in the paper the next day.

As for the lip gloss thing, no one's lips are ever actually supposed to make contact with anyone else's cheek anyway. Thus it really is a true air kiss, and all the more fake. In some regions, I think only Southern France, there is the double-double air kiss, which means a total of four kisses for each person. I just don't care to take that much time greeting anyone.

You are correct that all of this fake intimacy and personal contact only undermines the significance of a real hug, for a real friend, you're really glad to see.

I think I'm perfectly content with a good old Texas head nod or Neanderthal fist bump.

My husband and I know someone who acts JUST like Kelly. It was bizarre watching her because we could have been watching this person we know. Our friend has bi-polar disorder in her immediate family, but would NEVER agree that she could have it. She will spin every story in the way she sees it. Her poor husband certainly has his hands full!

When my husband looked up bi-polar disorder on the internet one of the first things it said about it was one of the most common triggers of an 'episode' is sleep deprivation, which brings out an agressive behavior in which the person feels threatened by someone else who they perceive to be keeping them from something they desire. (our friend has been dealing with a teething baby and both she and her husband have been up nightly for several weeks now, all night long and then both have had to go on to work the next day-- and she has acted aggressively toward him as if blaming him for her not being happy) I'm wondering if Kelly's lifestyle is keeping her from enough sleep-- along with maybe a drug issue also? I do know bi-polar disorder is treatable because my friends sister is on a drug for it that has helped her.

Quote Originally Posted by IBeacher;3910165;

I imagine Jill is enjoying Kelly's meltdown. It temporarily takes the focus off of her. At least until next week.
    You couldn't be more right!

+ Reply to Thread