+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 439 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787137 ... LastLast
Like Tree2611Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;3909870;
    ... On another note, I caught my 5-yr. old daughter singing along with Countess Lu Ann and her new song during a commerical break the other day, don't remember the title. Instead of "Elegance is learned, my friend" (?) my kindergartner was singing "Alligator Lah-ove (Love), my friend!"

OMG, I was dying! Just in tears. And my kid was singing the "my friend" part low and completely out of tune just like Lu Ann does. Too funny!

Everybody all together now! "Allah-gatah la-ove, my friends. Allah-gatah la-ah-ove !!"
    I can never sing it the original way again ... !
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Alligator love. That is precious. You should videotape her to get that moment on film. So adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3909748;
    It was as if I were a slow moving hippo surrounded by quick darting lionesses.
    You just described my own inability to argue brilliantly.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3909783;
    This wasn't LuAnn's first rodeo & guys like to make out with their dates. This PDA was all calculated down to the last detail maybe not to LuAnn's part but at least on Bravo's & Cortre's part it was. Still I don't see anything this woman does as not being pre-planned.
    OMG, I just saw the Coerte/LuLu kiss scene tonight!! It was as comic as it was hard to watch. A boxer who telegraphed his intentions through such unsure body language like that would never land a single punch. I certainly feel safe saying this is a man who is not used to kissing women. As it was more and more obvious what was about to go down I just kept thinking, "No dude! This is not your sport. Playing to your strengths does not mean playing with something that is stronger than you." I don't think for a minute Coerte (BLECH!! Even his name is mangled into discount pretentiousness) was all about climbing Mt. Countess for any reason other than saying he was there for the camera and then escaping back to Fire Island (sounds like a chapter from the Hobbit). At very best he's playing both teams with heavy favor on...well...not Lulu's team, and nothing at all wrong with that, but when it comes to big game sports stick with what you know. No I think it more likely that our failed countess was still stinging from being dumped by a fat dude twice her age for a new model, and contrived with a safe dear friend for someone to try a 9th grade quality public smooch down for the cameras as much as for everyone else to hopefully see. It probably looked good on the story boards in her apartment that afternoon, but didn't play for the cameras at all as planned. When it came right down to it I don't think she was able to follow through with the plan. She either realized how wrong it would look, or suddenly realized just what a weirdo her safe dear friend looked like that evening. Likewise relieved if a little embarrassed, I think the only part of Lulu he might really be interested in is in her night stand and dishwasher safe.

There was something weirdly cartoonish about that Coerte dude though. I had to think about it for a while, but then it hit me. If you remove the notion from your mind that he actually has a lower half (which would account for him being nearly a foot shorter than her), and imagine that he has someone's hand stuffed inside him to animate him (I know...I know...) it was easy to imagine him as a Muppet standing there talking to Lulubelle (who could be interchanged for JoAnn Worley)!! It was the way he laughed that made me see that. He didn't seem to have any sort of mid-range laugh, no. It's like everything he laughs at is the funniest thing yet to draw his laugh in this lifetime, which is either the weirdest string of coincidences ever, or just hugely fake and pretentious. His laughs are all super dramatic, like so even the people in the cheap seats could clearly see his stage presence (and stupid hair) as he laughs with joy and bare knuckled range in a small dingy, basement bar. Every time he laughed it really did look like he was chanelling the spirit of Madam or Fozzy Bear (yeah...I know...I...really...well) Every time he laughed it was with mouth opened as fully as possible (imagine hinges just in front of his ears that allow his mouth to travel a full 180dg, with tonsils and eyeballs pointed so straight up that only God could see them. Once I saw him that way I could have sworn I could see little subdued control sticks on each hand. Poor guy, but good to hear Jim Henson is still around.
    Last edited by Omar_X; 05-22-2010 at 06:11 AM.

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Dogs also air kiss!!

Is it just me or has this double air kiss thing reached a really absurd extreme that borders on OCD now? It really does remind me of bunch of dogs sniffing each others butts every time they meet at the park, but dogs actually do it for a useful purpose instead of just aping that latest trend of a heap of snotty Europeans.

I think it really does show a weak sense of self when people do that kind of thing. We have our culture, as do they, and neither has to trump the other for both to be perfectly valid. Sure enough, there have been a couple of the HO-NYs who were more insistent on it than others. Yet the others just sort of went along with it to avoid taking a bunch of crap.

As always the husbands are a hoot to watch. I can't think of a single time that seen one of the actual husbands air smooch one of the other husbands. This even includes Simon.

Kadooz, Omar, to both posts!

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3910407;
    Kadooz, Omar, to both posts!
    Ditto

There are lots of good points made regarding the last episode. It was rather shocking, but when I think back, it shouldn't be too surprising. Remember when Kelly first came on the show? Do you recall the bizarre and irrational things she said right from the beginning.

For example, she told Bethenny that she was up here (hand motioning up high) and Bethenny was down here (hand motioning down low). Later she denied she said that.

Remember when she asked to meet Bethenny to talk and then acted like it was Bethenny who had wanted it? She will say something on camera and then later vehemently deny she said it, even with it on film. THAT is scary. She likes to rehash old discord and when the other person stops the rehash, she will then look at the camera and take credit for stopping the rehash. WHAT?

I think she has always been like this, but we are just now seeing more of it now.
    Many posters are saying Kelly needs help and I'm no profiessional, but I don't know that there is help for personality disorders. Not saying that's what she has, but her behavior raises lots of questions.

I do adore Sonja. Let's hope she gets more air time next season.

FORT Fogey

Someone mentioned in the WWHL thread that there's a video posted on the Bravo site showing Kelly giving her take on things to Jill, LuAnn, and the "Save the Date" creator (sorry - can't remember her name, but she's the newest housewife). The video is proof of how delusional Kelly is.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3910434;
    Someone mentioned in the WWHL thread that there's a video posted on the Bravo site showing Kelly giving her take on things to Jill, LuAnn, and the "Save the Date" creator (sorry - can't remember her name, but she's the newest housewife). The video is proof of how delusional Kelly is.

Yes, it shows how Kelly can really put a spin on things to her advantage. Totally pathetic.

The Real Housewives of New York City - Videos - Kelly's Side of the Story | Bravo TV Official Site

+ Reply to Thread