+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2592Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Dear Lord, Ramona....get a grip will ya!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
    momrek06 likes this.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Well I watched the last episode and do wonder what in the world has happened to Ramona. She's always been my girl. Even when she was awful, she was still my favorite, but this is TOO MUCH. NO WAY can I tolerate that violent behavior. If her dad was abusive, then she's acting just like him. You don't throw glass at a person. Period. Her pay should be docked or something. I do believe she was very drunk, but that is no excuse. Maybe the script was for her to throw the glass into the water, but not hit the girl, but she aimed wrong and accidently hit her, but if so, why not say that immediately? She was downright adamant about hitting her. WHAT? That was plain mean and nasty. Ramona has lost a lot of fans over this one. Just wait and see.

Asking Heather if the house was the garage......mean, mean, mean............Not good. That's inexcusable too. Insulting your kind hostess shows a total lack of class. And if I had witnessed it, I would have demanded that Ramona apologize for that remark before we got inside the door. And if she wouldn't, I'd at least given her a good tongue lashing over how pathetic she was to be so mean. I wouldn't let that slide. You have to pick your battles, but that's one I would have picked. Banter is one thing, but verbal cruelty is just not acceptable to me.

Now, when it comes to the air conditioner issue. I side with Ramona on this one. Sleeping upstairs with no air conditioner in super hot weather is just not for me. If I bring my own AC so what. Sorry, but I have always been like that and totally get it. Heather knew she didn't have AC. At least tell people in advance, so they can decide if it's something they can handle. I don't see that as being too demanding or hoity toity. It's just a practical thing, but I would have been super apologetic about it and offered for all to sleep in my room so we all could be cool.

Without the drama, it would have a lovely, relaxing get-a-way. Your mindset had to be right though. And I don't think the Hampton's crowd fits in with the Berkshires. I wish that Ramona could understand that it's not about the things around you that make for good times and special memories. It's the people who you share the moments with. They are the key, not the buildings, pools, tennis courts or beaches, IMO.
    AmyKay and Prism like this.

FORT Fogey

I disagree about the AC. I can understand completely why someone would not want to sleep in a home that was not air conditioned if it were hot. But I think if that is the case, you decline the invitation, or make other arrangements. Ramona could have asked about that ahead of time, and told Heather that she'd stay at a nearby hotel because of a health condition that makes it difficult for her to sleep in hot fresh air. I think that when a person shows up as a guest in another person's home and brings major things like an AC unit (ordered to be delivered to the house) it sends a message that the house is not good enough. If it's not good enough, just don't go ... don't insult the homeowner by declaring to the entire group that the place is not good enough.
    momrek06 likes this.

Yes, I get the point about the air, but in all fairness, Ramona was already in the car and on the way there, before she knew there was no AC. She couldn't very well cancel out then. And I don't think that I would even think to ask someone if they had an air conditioner when they invited me for the weekend. It wouldn't enter my mind. So, unless the hostess informed me, I would be in for a big surprise. lol

Yes, Ramona should have asked Heather if it would be okay to bring in a small floor AC, but she was rude and didn't do that. I agree that it does seem to say you are putting the place down, but I guess I would go with being rude over losing sleep in the heat for a couple of nights. I would make a huge apology though, send a nice house gift as a peace offering, be on my best behavior and the perfect guest otherwise, to make up for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I disagree about the AC. I can understand completely why someone would not want to sleep in a home that was not air conditioned if it were hot. But I think if that is the case, you decline the invitation, or make other arrangements. Ramona could have asked about that ahead of time, and told Heather that she'd stay at a nearby hotel because of a health condition that makes it difficult for her to sleep in hot fresh air. I think that when a person shows up as a guest in another person's home and brings major things like an AC unit (ordered to be delivered to the house) it sends a message that the house is not good enough. If it's not good enough, just don't go ... don't insult the homeowner by declaring to the entire group that the place is not good enough.
    ITA Acooker! Totally.
    ESP the part about 'the house not being good enough' ... after-all Ramona asked if it was the garage. Dear Gawd. She is a MESS.

I find the whole scene a bit suspicious .... if she were riding in Lu's car to Heather's in the comfort of air conditioning WHY would it even enter Ramona's mind to inquire about a/c when Heather called them to ask where they were?
    I am wondering if this is a whole 'scripted' BRAVO scene. I mean remember they were in the Berkshires..........HOW ON EARTH did Ramona get some dude to just arrive the minute she did with a FREE STANDING A/C UNIT?????? Hmmm!!!!!!

I have been visiting people my whole life in New England (as I have a home in Boston which has central air) and seriously it would be the LAST thing on my mind to ask. AND I would never in one million years
    call and order an a/c unit to arrive when I pulled into their driveway. I would suck it up, deal with it and that is that. Period.

Very pompus, very rude. IMHO.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I not only get bringing out an air conditioner, but I'd also insist on paying whatever extra costs were incurred because of it. I, too, am a person who does not tolerate heat well....never have. Debb, I like you, never would have thought to ask. Who thinks a house/room is not, automatically, going to be temperature controlled (read: "air conditioned") in this day and age?
    lilymax likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't know much about the Berkshires. Is it in the mountains? The reason is that I just remembered that in Asheville, NC, it's a lot cooler than the rest of the state. Less humid too. I have a good friend who lives there. She has told me that even many new houses don't have AC there, because it's not necessary. She has AC, but maybe in some areas it's common to not have it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A/C is not just for cooling; it's also for humidity control. Air can be uncomfortable if it is cool and very humid....at least that has been my experience.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Very few New England homes have a/c because their summers are very short. Unlike here in CALI we have to have it in our homes.

We built a brand new home in MA in 2005 and included a/c.

It IS more the humidity than the heat.

But all that aside.......I would never travel to a friend's home for the weekend and order an a/c unit while driving there and have it delivered to my friend's home upon my arrival WITHOUT getting her full permission.

Interesting that Ramona thought she bought a standard a/c window unit and Heather's windows were not the right type for a standard a/c unit AND WHAT TO THEIR WONDERMENT.......OH WOW LOOOOOKY THERE,
    the a/c dude brought a free standing one that will cool off the room without needing to go in a window.......hmmmm........ STILL this all smells VERY scripted to moi!!!!
    KAREN

The problem with those free standing ACs is that all of the ones I know of have an exhaust hose that has to be aimed out the window. This poses a security issue. And the windows in that bedroom would be tricky to put that hose into. They are designed more for a traditionally shaped window. I guess they worked it out somehow. Sonja is pretty innovative with her Polygrip and such.....lol.

+ Reply to Thread