+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2467Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

There was another thing that Aviva said last night that was not nearly as horrid as the verbal rape comment, but has stuck with me. In the aftermath of the battle royale at LuAnn's house (sidebar - I LOVED the way LuAnn had enough and just declared she was goingto bed and started kicking everyone out!) Aviva was discussing it with one of the women - I don't recall which one. But when confronted with everything she'd said to tarnish Carole's reputation, Aviva defended herself saying that Carole had started it. Carole has not tried to hide the fact that her comments were based on her opinions. She asked if Aviva had a ghost writer because she was surprised that a person who was writing a book for the very first time claimed it was so easy. On the other hand, Aviva claims that other people told her that Carole had a ghost writer, that her book was such a mess it had to be redone, etc. She's using these other people to try to avoid beind held accountable for her words. But it would also mean that Aviva "started" things prior to that discussion by digging up dirt on Carole ... or she made it all up. Either way, the childish defense of "she started it" doesn't hold water.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I want to know how much Bravo paid off Becky. Aviva's family sued for $10M after her accident, so no wonder Becky didn't contact her ever. Sooo producer contrived. As if Reid didn't know of the leg loss circumstance and it had to be recounted in the drive up. I'm about ready to cancel my cable on this.
    Do you know how much they actually settled for? Their insurance must have paid well, since the family was able to keep the farm. What amazes me is that they kept the contraption. That's crazy. If anyone else ever got hurt on that thing, it would really show clear liability because the owners have notice how dangerous it is and how it can hurt someone. Unreal.

FORT Fogey

There are a lot of assumptions being made there. We know the barn is still standing and the contraption is in it. We don't know how much it would cost to remove it, nor do we know if people have access to the barn on a regular basis. Who knows ... after being sued by Aviva's parents, perhaps the family decided a padlock to make sure no one ever entered the barn again was more cost effective than removing it. It certainly didn't look like a barn being regularly used now.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

According to articles online, Aviva's family settled for $1.2M. Google "aviva farm lawsuit" and you can find them.
    Debb70 likes this.

Let's hope they have the barn padlocked. I would hate for another child to wander on their property and get hurt too. The hay looked fresh to me. Maybe they put it there for the filming of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I want to know how much Bravo paid off Becky. Aviva's family sued for $10M after her accident, so no wonder Becky didn't contact her ever. Sooo producer contrived. As if Reid didn't know of the leg loss circumstance and it had to be recounted in the drive up. I'm about ready to cancel my cable on this.
    I thought it was just plain sad. Obviously a producer set up. The accident and time has moved these women in different spheres. For Lord's sakes Aviva's been married to Harry. It was grossly inappropriate. IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
    cavendish and Dragonlady like this.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I grew up on a farm and, in my opinion, that is a working farm. Also, if it is a working farm, that piece of equipment is most likely still in operation. It looks like the trough that carries the cow poop out of the barn after milking and if it is not operable the farmer be unable to get the poop out of the barn. The milking barns that I have been in did not have that contraption, it was wide enough to just push out with a hoe like thing. Been a long time since I've been in a milking barn.
    livin4reality and ryansmommy like this.

I am an episode behind.

I just watched the burlesque episode and I just want to say to Sonja .... "Please put the RED BULL down"!!!!!!!
    My gawd she was so hyper throughout the ENTIRE episode!

And my Lord, I just finished watching RHoBH and RagSheet-Gate and now watching THIS show and it's Book-Gate.....how many more episodes will be dealt with this ISSUE between Carole and Aviva???? Geez.

YAWN!
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sonya just seems so desperate.
    GabbyG, momrek06 and Dragonlady like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I was struck by the lack of attention paid to Becky. From what little we saw, she seemed like she was about to break down any minute. I'd guess that she suffers from a tremendous amount of guilt - even though nothing was her fault. Kind of like survivor's guilt.

I was also struck by how unemotional Aviva was - toward the accident and toward Becky. It was a devastating event shared by both girls yet Aviva has clearly moved on.

I know there is a lot of Aviva hate, but I like her much more this season. I'm glad she's back.

+ Reply to Thread