+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2625Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I don't care for Sonja -I think she is a legend in her own mind.
    Punkin, candor, GabbyG and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't care for Sonja -I think she is a legend in her own mind.
    Yeah, I guess she is, but there is still something about her that I find intriguing. She just makes me tilt my head to the side and go huh? ......................Then laugh real loud. It's difficult to explain. You never know what she might do next. She seems to have few boundaries and little filter....but, she can get serious too and when she does, she normally makes sense. I think much of what we see is just her acting.
    Prism and Duckyface like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, I guess she is, but there is still something about her that I find intriguing. She just makes me tilt my head to the side and go huh? ......................Then laugh real loud. It's difficult to explain. You never know what she might do next. She seems to have few boundaries and little filter....but, she can get serious too and when she does, she normally makes sense. I think much of what we see is just her acting.
    Yes, I think she is acting , the interns to me, just reinforce her need to be somebody and feed her insecurities
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Sonja's tooth falling out "again" in the preview--made me laugh. Girlfriend did a really good job of doing her performance on the Andy show. I like her. She is just so weird.

Brunette who is talking loudly and wants to sleep with Harry--gross and pitiful

Everyone wants to sleep with Harry for his money and nothing else.

I hope Carole finds her footing. She should not let Aviva upset her.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree that this show is more entertaining than the others from the portions I saw last night.

Watching the scenes on the beach. It made me think of getting into my swim suit this summer.......... I wonder what size their bikinis are....lol. I need to get back into a fitness program. lol I also tried to envision myself getting into a wetsuit on the beach......lol. Too funny!

Ref. Harry. I thought he was supposed to be wealthy, however, awhile back there was a story that Aviva had verbally attacked him in a deli in The Hamptons regarding his failure to pay her child support. I guess they straightened it out. Maybe she got Harry a job on the show to make sure he had the funds to pay the support. Just speculating. Maybe he's run into money trouble.

I was amused by Sonja's routine, but I wonder. Why didn't she use some music? I think that would have helped a lot. I applaud her nerve, but do think it was pretty bizarre. I don't think I could get drunk enough to do something like that. lol

I didn't appreciate the way Sonja was calling her female intern food names instead of her real name. That is EXTREMELY disrepectful and that fact it was a minority made it even more attrocious. I normally like Sonja, but if you are that clueless, you need some major help. Someone should take her to task for that. Really. That is something to get upset about, IMO. Is Andy trying to create controversy based on racial issues? Recall the comment about race by Brandi on the BH show. I hope that's not Andy's idea of a good storyline.

Why does it costs so much to have hot water in NY? I don't understand why Sonja said that.
    Bikinis - wow, Carole must be a size minus 000- she's a mere sylph, and looks reasonably healthy.

The Harry person - geez, he's not particularly good looking, child support for a bonafide wealthy person should be the equivalent of buying a 12-pack of coca cola, his personality just plain stinks;so what's the attraction?

Oh, gawd, poor Sonja, she makes such an as* of herself; she's far too old to write it off as playfulness of a ditzy ingénue; she's not even eccentric, she's just plain ole pathetic.

IMHO Sonja has all the trapppings of a dead broke woman. $12.00 costume, no hot water, freebie intern deals that make no sense whatever, magic marker to fix a handbag, trying to brand a microwave oven, her old broken toilet; gawd, why the hale would she put herself through such nonsense - if she was ever going to be mainstream famous, she'd have made it by now.
    Punkin, Imperfect1 and Dragonlady like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Her hot water heater must have broke. I think they are less than $1000 to fix...but if she is losing the place i guess she does not want to pay it.

Sonja always wants to show her body off...i think she is funny. Will she still want to do that ten years from now?
    You can do it!

I'll defend the magic marker. I've Sharpied a bleach drop on black pants, chipped paint on an Ikea coffee table, and even gouges on an end table. Thank you, movers.

But Sonia is insufferable. Besides the desperate flirting, the stream-of-consciousness monologues with her interns, the constant need to be "on," and her flitting, fluttery airheadnesss, she's deluded. That burlesque "act" is something a teenager does in front of her bedroom mirror, not something a talentless middle-aged woman forces on paying guests.
    Punkin, GabbyG, Imperfect1 and 1 others like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

I don't watch all the time, because I can't really stay interested. However, this Sonja person is very strange to me. What is the deal with her having interns? Where did they come from? What are they supposed to be learning from working for her, and what is the job? Does she actually have a business? or are they just household workers who also keep up with her "social media"? It's not like she is a huge star. She makes me feel sad, though. I don't hate her or anything.

If she's poor, and perhaps Bravo cuts her only paycheck, why not sell her house? It is constantly said she is losing this house. If she can't afford to live there why not move? She could probably find a cheaper house, no? It bothers me sometimes that women who have been married to rich men become poor when they divorce. Wasn't Sonja's husband old and rich? Why do you suppose he would divorce her and leave her without even a house that she owns? Seems to me that wouldn't be too hard on a rich guy. I don't know anything about her settlement or if there was one, but if he dumped her, then maybe he should have at least had to provide her with a house to live in. I do realize real estate in NYC is expensive, but still....

Things that make you wonder.

Sonja may be a little crazy, but still, I like to see her and Ramona, having lunkch that Sonja prepared in her kitchen that's always a little messy. Something rings real about it to me. It looks like they are real friends, they aren't afraid of actually eating real food and even seeing a crumb on their lip. They don't just sit at al elegant table and push a piece of lettuce around. It's one thing I find amusing about the NY housewives. Without Sonja and Ramona, it would be quite dull, IMO.

I don't think Sonja ever got a divorce settlement and I think they may still be battling over it if I remember correctly. Didn't the old guy supposedly owe child support too? That is disgraceful, if true. He is a decendant of JP Morgan, with his net worth, making sure she has the house free and clear for the sake of his daughter and just paying her the darn settlement is just chump change compared to what money he has. He wouldn't even notice it gone, so what is going on that they have had all this fighting over it. It is not as though she ever tried to get half his net worth or anything. Though I don't know what that house would be worth, but it seems like a prudent move would be to sell it and get an apartment or condo even if it (gasp!) has to be in Brooklyn. I am not saying she should necessarily take all his wealth, but she shouldn't be in the poor house just because they split up. I do feel sad for her--some of the things she does is just pathetic. I also find her interesting and I laugh at loud at her weirdness and how oblivious she is at times. I do admire her guts for that horrible caburlesque show and how she wasn't afraid to just wing it in front of everyone. I also found it amusing she was serious when she talked about taking her act to Vegas and the rest of the country. She and Ramona are two who should never be fired from this show. I love them together.

I do wonder at her real age. I have a hard time believing she is 50. I am thinking she was that age about 6-10 years ago. Regardless, if she is what menopause looks like I don't think that is such a bad thing.
    Queenie76 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread