+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    What I see with Ramona and Mario is that they were once very young, crazy in love and the "quirks" were endearing.....happens to all of us. Then the quirks become annoying. Plus people change so much during the years they were married. Usually you can endure and learn to live with the annoying quirks but once one of them strays, it all goes out the window.
    Maybe Mario was sick to death w/the weirdo....I don't hate her at all but she's one strange cookie and I think she's be hard to live with.
    And he always seemed like such a doormat......and girly when he kept getting involved w/the petty issues the women always have. You expect it from women.....but men usually just don't have the desire or interest in those silly things.
    I thought I saw where they were married for 23 years, Ramona is (I believe) mid 50s, which means they weren't really that young when they married.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

People marry for all kinds of different reasons and, a lot of timed, it's not necessarily about love. I'd sure like to know what their backgrounds were before they married.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Jill Zarin is saying that Mario has been cheating for awhile and that Ramona would ignore it. She also says he flirted with the housewives when Jill was on the show. I bet Ramona is none to happy with Jill putting her two cents in.

Oh, and Jill says Mario had become volatile and had loudly confronted her recently at an event. Hmmm......

Ramona Singer Was 'Protecting' Husband Mario Amidst Cheating Rumors - ABC News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There is NOTHING surprising about that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Especially hurtful that the darned hag Jillzarin injected herself into the breakup. Sorry Ramona's husband did this to Ramona.....plus now every move is scrutinized. I think she's a freaky one, don't like her at all, but she doesn't deserve this.
    Punkin and GabbyG like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

This is one of those awful prices of celebrity.....not only do you lose all your privacy, you also get to live your tragedies in the public's eye. I would assume that no one wants to have to deal with the sad situation itself and then know everyone else knows and is talking about it. I guess it's worth it to some. Not for me.

FORT Fogey

Celebrity does come at a price. Seems Jill would pay money to get it back! On the one hand, I despise her desperation. On the other hand, I respect her fearlessness and drive to achieve what she wants (i.e. to be back on camera).

As to Ramona, I'm not sure I feel too sorry for her. I'm a firm believer that relationships take two to tango, and I don't think anyone strays from a good marriage. Maybe it's best for both of them in the long run.

Having said that, there are ways to go about resolving a bad marriage. An affair is not one of them. Shame on Mario (and I'm not the least bit surprised).
    GabbyG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post

As to Ramona, I'm not sure I feel too sorry for her. I'm a firm believer that relationships take two to tango, and I don't think anyone strays from a good marriage. Maybe it's best for both of them in the long run.
    I really agree with you here about that. Usually a person doesn't stray if they are getting enough from their partner. And I don't just mean sexually....which would be at the bottom of the list. Love, attention, support, etc is what most of us want. If it's not there, people tend to look elsewhere for it sometimes without even knowing it.
    We'll never know all the truth but Mario and Ramona know.

Oops, I just re-read that and it sounds like I think Ramona wasn't fulfilling Mario's needs. What I meant to say is there's always two sides and it isn't necessarily Ramona's fault. Mario could have some hidden demons under that pleasant face.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I really agree with you here about that. Usually a person doesn't stray if they are getting enough from their partner. And I don't just mean sexually....which would be at the bottom of the list. Love, attention, support, etc is what most of us want. If it's not there, people tend to look elsewhere for it sometimes without even knowing it.
    We'll never know all the truth but Mario and Ramona know.

Oops, I just re-read that and it sounds like I think Ramona wasn't fulfilling Mario's needs. What I meant to say is there's always two sides and it isn't necessarily Ramona's fault. Mario could have some hidden demons under that pleasant face.
    Ramona could be reliving some daddy experience picking Mario as a mate.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I think even good marriages go through difficult times. It's staying faithful and working through those difficult times that makes the marriage stronger and the love deeper. If you've decided to be unfaithful at least be honest and leave the marriage first.

+ Reply to Thread