+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2076Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

She's in a real battle with Spanx. If I understand correctly, she says they have stolen some of her designs.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

From what I saw, her stuff looks better than spanx. Of course, it's in the comfort and support. You need both with those things and only wearing it can tell you if it's worth the money. The money I have wasted on department store spanx type garments!!!!!!!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    She's in a real battle with Spanx. If I understand correctly, she says they have stolen some of her designs.
    Interesting situation. I read that Heather's company has had this particular product patent protected for 5 years. But Spanx is claiming that the patent was deficient in some way - so that's why they were able to copy it. Wonder who's right. . .

I haven't heard any recent news of whether Bravo has resolved whatever the problems are with RHNY? Has anyone heard the latest word on what's going on and when they will be filming?

I read on a few sites that the cast had until today to sign their contracts. I wonder what's happening.

FORT Fogey

I read the same thing. The article I read said the women were unified to hold out for more money. Bravo wasn't interested in being pushed around and said they could either sign today or they'd cancel the series.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I read the same thing. The article I read said the women were unified to hold out for more money. Bravo wasn't interested in being pushed around and said they could either sign today or they'd cancel the series.
    I have such mixed feelings about this. On one hand, good for Bravo for refusing to be railroaded or bullied by cast members --- but on the other hand, this is what collective bargaining and unions are all about -- standing together to improve the rights and working conditions of all. But this cast isn't exactly starving or working 16 hours a day in the factories. Right? Wonder how it will turn out. RHNY is my favorite Housewife franchise, and I'd hate to lose it because of the women's greed, and their enormous egos and senses of self-importance!
    Lizard likes this.

FORT Fan

I would be happy if most of them left. I don't care for the neurotic one who's afraid of everything, can't remember her name. I wouldn't miss the Countess, either. Heather I can take or leave. However, I do kind of miss Alex and Simon.
    Punkin likes this.

I miss Alex and Simon too, and would LOVE to see them brought back. And I like Ramona, but would love to see less of her fighting with everyone, and more of her interacting with her businesses, and with Mario and their daughter. LuAnne is just kind of a 'curiosity' for me --- she annoys the hell out of me, but like a bad accident, I just can't seem to look away. And to me, Sonja is just boring, boring, boring. And her antics and storyline are totally uninteresting to me. I'd love to see her gone. (By the way, interestingly, according to Reality Tea: More Details On Real Housewives of New York Salary Standoff! Is Bravo Threatening To Cancel The Show? - Reality Tea -- Sonja is the one who started the current "salary revolt.")

In regard to the "newest" cast members, the only one that I really like is Aviva, who probably won't be asked back because apparently she's not a fan favorite. I'm neutral on Carole, but it's okay with me if she's asked back -- and I find Heather pretty annoying, so I wouldn't miss her at all. But over all, I don't want to lose this RHNY franchise. I LOVE NY, and would hate to lose this show. I hope they can pull it together, and give us another season.

I'd love to dump the countass, bring back Alex... and Simon. They were offbeat, odd, a touch kinky, sometimes pathetic, but always fun to watch. The only real snooze, fakir and faker, IMO, is the countass. And, puleeze, Bravo, don't scoop up any 'a that jillzarin bucketbottom again.
    Punkin, Imperfect1 and elleprn like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread