+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2522Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Luann and her "Mitt Romney" tendencies......she never seems to pronounce her boyfriend's name the same way twice, most of the time. She wants to call him "Zhock", but slips up a lot of times and says "Jack". She is such a phoney-baloney.
    Zhock - and ToeMah from St Bart's, and a strange half-Frenchy way she sometimes pronounces Sonja's name. Gawd, the woman tries way too hard. I suppose its just another sign of her insecurity and desperate attempt to be more than she is. Not that I feel sorry for her - she's still bottom of the barrel on my list.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I don't think Sonja really wants that guy she had lunch with.......she's so negative and demanding.....usually when she flirts with guys, she's very different.
    I also agree with the poster that said in the older seasons, we saw the ladies living their own lives and then they'd come together.........now they are forced to be in each others' space ALL the time.
    If you have strong willed women, with egos, you're going to get fireworks but a lot of us viewers don't want to see fireworks ALL the time.....story lines about individuals are great and far more interesting than just fights all the time.

And may I make a request here, especially since we are getting very close to elections?? Could we leave references to politicians and other voting issues out of these threads?
    I've seen it in other threads also.
    I just want to talk/read about the various shows.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

And may I make a request here, especially since we are getting very close to elections?? Could we leave references to politicians and other voting issues out of these threads?
    Thanks in advance.

thank you for saying that. I have enough political garbage spewing from both sides on my facebook.

Yes. I agree about not making political comments. There might be a political thread where people can get out their hostility.

I believe Luanne is a little delusional; but I do not think she sets out to hurt anyone. My guess is that she comes from a family of nine kids, and has done without. Maybe the title was a security blanket. I really would not take it from her. If I had a blanket I would not want anyone to take it from me.
    Last edited by Lizard; 10-25-2012 at 08:30 AM.
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just calls 'em like I sees 'em!
    Prism likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I don't think Sonja really wants that guy she had lunch with.......she's so negative and demanding.....usually when she flirts with guys, she's very different.
    I also agree with the poster that said in the older seasons, we saw the ladies living their own lives and then they'd come together.........now they are forced to be in each others' space ALL the time.
    If you have strong willed women, with egos, you're going to get fireworks but a lot of us viewers don't want to see fireworks ALL the time.....story lines about individuals are great and far more interesting than just fights all the time.

Thanks in advance.
    'Like' on all three counts!
    Jexter likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Sonja is toying with that man like a cat toys with it's prey. I'm pretty sure she is very flattered by his attention.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I like that guy with Sonja....he seemed good natured, laughed about her "rules" and really seemed truly smitten with her. But if that chemistry isn't there, it doesn't matter how nice the person is.
    I just got the feeling that she somewhat likes idea of a relationship with him because of other factors rather than as a love interest...he probably has pots o money and that would help Sonja a lot and he seems like someone who would treat a woman in the right way........but I didn't see her smitten with him.

Did I hear correctly that one of the rules was that she thought he should lose weight....but used words like "better for your health" rather than saying "you're fat?" Altho I didn't think he was fat so I probably heard wrong.

I do understand not wanting a snoring man in your bed.....but I just celebrated 25 yrs of marriage to a powerful snorer........I'm very grateful to whoever invented ear plugs that I use every single night.
    I didn't know that there was a sure-fire surgery for snoring.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 10-26-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I do understand not wanting a snoring man in your bed.....but I just celebrated 25 yrs of marriage to a powerful snorer........I'm very grateful to whoever invented ear plugs that I use every single night. I didn't know that there was a sure-fire surgery for snoring.
    Yes, and there are also these great "tape-like" thingys that snorers can put on the bridge of their nose at night --- which act to keep the nasal air-passage open and prevent, or at least greatly reduce, the snoring.

Uh-oh, DL's hubby!!! You may be in for an adventure!!!

And, I think you're right about the $$$$!

And to whomever......I'm not about bullies. My post was not inappropriate.

+ Reply to Thread