+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2094Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    Andy is just a yenta in drag, pretending to be a cool gay guy. The only weird thing is he got hold of a tv station.
    PS "Yenta" or "Yente" is a Yiddish female name which is used generically for an old gossip.
    In the age of Yiddish theater, it started referring to a busybody or gossipmonger. (wikipedia)
    (I use this expression because Andy is Jewish as well as gay, so he may have the yenta gene.)
    I think Andy is a VERY, VERY COOL GUY who happens to be gay and Jewish, and who happens to LOVE the celebrities, the drama and the gossip. And he makes no bones about it! He'll be the first one to tell you that he just loves it, and his position at Bravo probably makes him feel like he's died and gone to Heaven!!! By the way, if you know anything about Andy (or read his biography "Most Talkative"), I think you might see him in a different light --- in a much more positive way, cause he's like a big goofy kid who doesn't seem to have a mean bone in his body. Yeah, sometimes he can be a bit of a yenta, but not in a bad way, but more in a quirky, lovable way!

hey -- some of my best friends are yentas-- did I say you can't be cool and be a yenta?

I certainly didn't mean to imply it. I think lots of yentas are loveable people whose interest in other people's lives is just a tad uncontrollable.
    prhoshay and Imperfect1 like this.

While I love Andy, I do think he's got that streak in him that really likes exposing these people for all to see.
    Andy is no innocent, that's for sure. He delights in all the dirt he digs up on these people.
    MsDiva2007 and trex like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    While I love Andy, I do think he's got that streak in him that really likes exposing these people for all to see.
    Andy is no innocent, that's for sure. He delights in all the dirt he digs up on these people.
    I will give him this. He has boundaries. I'm sure that producers new about Jac's son Kim Richards' drug abuse, and a whole lot more. I don't think he airs anything unless the cast airs it first themselves.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I watched the lost footage episode last night and it didn't deliver the usual funny clips; it was more extended scenes and some random stuff. What was passingly interesting was that it looked like Luanne was trying to develop another storyline for herself and failed miserably. Since when is she a designer of clothes and accessories and travel accessories at that? That was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I watched the lost footage episode last night and it didn't deliver the usual funny clips; it was more extended scenes and some random stuff. What was passingly interesting was that it looked like Luanne was trying to develop another storyline for herself and failed miserably. Since when is she a designer of clothes and accessories and travel accessories at that? That was funny.
    Of course it's possible that the slack jaw, muddled, vacuous look on countass' face when questioned about her fashion line concept was spliced, not her actual response. But I doubt it. The woman has never shown any signs of creativity; it's pretty clear her singing gig and videos were orchestrated by Bravo with zero input from her. She just never realized Bravo was doing it to make her look like a clown.

Countass is accustomed to riding the tide, with the title she married preceding her. She's been outsmarted in every way by Heather and Carole, and it's wearing her down. She looked pale, distraught in the "lost footage". I think she deserves everything they dump on her.
    Moontat likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I just found it amusing that Luanne thought she could still be relevant. She clearly is not.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I recently watched the Lost Footage episode from SEASON 2, and it was FABULOUS!!!! It was so refreshing and delightful to again see the ladies before all the major drama, when they were all still relatively fresh and unspoiled by their Bravolebrity status. Bethenny was fun and hilarious! Ramona was focusing on her savvy business-woman side (yes, it's there)! Kelly was having a sane moment (!) as she was donating some of her clothes to charity. Alex and Simon were enjoying some warm, casual time with friends and their kids. There were some pleasant family get-together scenes with LuAnne and the Count and other family members. And Jill was with her mom, being pouty and petty about Alex --- but I guess some things never change.

BINGO!!! I just had a 'lightbulb' moment, and realize why the Season 2 show was so much more pleasant and easier to watch than most of the current RH shows. In most of the older scenes, each of the cast members were doing activities in their own lives --- not with each other. So there was much more authenticity and lightheartedness, and much less confrontation and drama. Nowadays, it seems like most of the scenes are either between cast-mates, or cast-members complaining about their cast-mates. So ALMOST EVERYTHING now seems to be about the squabbles between the cast-mates --- and very little is just about what's interesting in each of their lives. Too bad, cause I really enjoyed the lite version of RH shows a whole lot more than the current super-confrontational mean-girl version. Andy, if you're reading this, give us more light-heartedness, PLEASE!
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 10-24-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    Moontat, Coco46 and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

It is kind of interesting to look at the early shows and realize how much things have changed. You're right - it did used to be more following each woman separately, and every once and a while they'd get together. I think that Atlanta was really the show that changed a lot of that. Those women spent more time together, and fought non-stop. I think that lit a lightbulb for Bravo thinking that seeing women behave obnoxious and fight all the time was more interesting than watching them live luxurious lives.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I saw the most recent lost footage show last night.....BORING! Viv was still not, too much, in the loop. Glad she recognized her own problematic behavior from watching the season....don't really know that I trust her to change, though. Thought it was interesting to see Sonja's "boyfriend" that she is enjoying teasing along. Is that the Zappo's guy?

Luann and her "Mitt Romney" tendencies......she never seems to pronounce her boyfriend's name the same way twice, most of the time. She wants to call him "Zhock", but slips up a lot of times and says "Jack". She is such a phoney-baloney.
    Prism likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread