+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2467Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

The byplay on name pronunciation was interesting. Countass said something like my dears the proper French pronunciation is "Tohmah" -- and she tried to keep it up, but lapsed back into "Thomas". Then she caught herself saying "Jack" instead of Jacques".

Countass tries very hard to elevate herself by being oh so continental. in reality she is the poster girl for plebeian... Her reach does exceed her grasp. She was quiet during much of the "reunion", an attempt to deflect and save her from further ridicule, save her countass.

The three old hags have made bloody fools of themselves, Avivid is down for the count; Heather and Carol look like the only adults in the room. Andy, oh he loves this sh**.
    GabbyG, Imperfect1 and buttahfly like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Andy is just a yenta in drag, pretending to be a cool gay guy. The only weird thing is he got hold of a tv station.

PS "Yenta" or "Yente" is a Yiddish female name which is used generically for an old gossip.

In the age of Yiddish theater, it started referring to a busybody or gossipmonger. (wikipedia)

(I use this expression because Andy is Jewish as well as gay, so he may have the yenta gene.)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Aviva's attempt at damage control during the reunion fell on deaf ears in this household.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

None of Aviva's attempts to make herself looked better worked on us either. I got the hubby sucked into that train wreck and even he thought she wasn't sincere. She obviously thinks she did nothing wrong and would have been trash talking Ramona even more if the viewers saw it her way. I will never understand how she can defend George on anything. You can still love your father and admit when he does wrong. My father is 74, but I would never tolerate him acting like that around my friends. I also firmly believe he pressed his erection into Sonja's back. I also think Luann got drunk and took "Tomah" home and slept with him. I think Jacques knows and forgave her and their rough patch was him dealing with that. I think she needs to tell people "none of your business" instead of further making herself look stupid by trying to say he only drove her home and not even making her story add up. Judge Judy would have wiped the floor with her on that if she had tried to tell the same story in her courtroom.
    Lizard and mayamaisha like this.

Hi! I took almost the whole summer off from reality tv. WOW, what a difference in my life. I got more done, slept better, felt better. But I still needed a fix now and then

While I've not seen every episode of this season's NYC Housewives, I think I got most of them, plus a reunion show. Bottom line: what a TRAIN WRECK this has become! I'd hoped the new people would have injected a new and different flavor into the show (after having booted bitter Jill and kookoo Kelly).

Still can't stand Luann, Ramona seems out of control, Sonja's still desperate. Aviva makes ME feel nervous, Carole seems to be such a snob I feel like a peasant just watching her. Surprisingly to me, Heather is the one I liked the most. She seemed more "real" and one with whom I could most identify.

Well, I got my fix. Ick.
    Dragonlady, Coco46 and trex like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Hey, SugarMama, y'all come back, heah ?
    SugarMama likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Well I like Luanne.

And honestly , Jill gets on my nerves, and I didn't like the way she treated Bethany, but I also think Bethany was mean to her and provoked the response. If one of my friends told me in a nasty way to "get a life" I think I'd be pretty hurt and angry too.

I didn't necessarily like her pretense of being a producer and trying to provoke plots like the "fight with Bethany and eventual reconciliation" in which she would be the center of the season and her reunion with Bethany would be the happy ending-- but I just see that as revelatory of one way the housewives all think about their participation-- they're partly actors in the drama and partly people trying to foist their plots of everyone.

But maybe life is more like that than we realize. We all have our life-plots and we all see ourselves as the center, and the denouement of the drama involves us-- it's just a question of whose plot triumphs. Jill had a plot in which she and Bethany united, and Bethany had a plot in which she went off into the sunset alone. It seems that Bethany's plot was a stronger plot-- but I don't doubt that they do that.

Sorry but Jill made up a fight to cause drama between herself & Bethenny so Bravo would have had a Team Jill & Team Bethenny. Sounds like the drama she had a few seasons earlier with Ramona. This time her scheme backfired on her because I think 99% of the viewers sided with Bethenny after the ed coat scene. This cpu;d have also been really driven home by Bravo but Jill admitted she caused the tension between herself & Bethenny without Bravos agreement. She never figured that Bethenny would have just moved on & away from their friendship. Jill took it upon herself to fight Bobby's battle but there in all reality wasn't a battle.
    I am just at the point of don't care anymore. Won't watch if Bravo keeps Aviva and loses Ramona & Sonja.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I don't think Jill made up the fight. If you listen to what she said, and I'd have to roll the tape again to check this, but I thought she said that they really had a fight, and then it occurred to her that this would be a good thing for Bravo. But she wasn't saying the fight was manufactured, only that once they had the fight, she thought it would be a great plot and maybe she sort of tried to fan the flames a bit (she didn't really say this, but implied it) so as to keep the suspense-- which she thought would be resolved happily in the end.

I'm not saying this is a great thing to do-- but I just sense that she never quite ran this by Bethany and so Bethany was much more hurt and alienated by it than Jill planned-- and then it turned into a complete split-- especially because Bethany now had Jason to turn to and didn't need Jill that much any more.

I really think the viewers siding with Bethany aspect of the whole thing was a blowback that happened way after all that, that was obviously really unexpected and I"m sure upsetting to Jill, and which led to her being fired. But I think she thought she and Bethany had a strong enough friendship that everything would be forgiven in the end.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    After watching the second half of the reunion, I kind of worry about Ramona's continued stay on the show. She went up against Andy a bit much, though he deserved it. Ro-So-Lu held up a good front of what to do for TV and what not to do. I've come around on Heather, but I'm not sure she'll see the show as a good deal for her brand anymore, depending on her sales figures; I'd still like to see her stick around. As much as I'd be the "outside viewer" on a reality tv show (which is why I'd never be on one) Carole can go. She's just kind of dull, but not as nearly as offensive as the other downtown VaJazzel woman from last season. And if I never see Aviva & George again, I'd be happy. I'd rather JillZarinofZarinFabrics. Or even Kelly JellyBeans.
    No, please NOT Kelly JellyBeans!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread