+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

After watching the Vice Presidential debate last week, I realized that Joe Biden reminds me of Aviva's dad George!
    Uncle David and trex like this.

I really like Joe Biden; even with his gaffes. I can't see any resemblance to Aviva's father at all!! Thank heaven!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

HollyinSoCal, I can see the resemblance....Joe's not exactly my favorite person but George is just horrible. There's nothing of redeeming value in an old lech. He has no manners, is crude, loathsome, inappropriate. I keep remembering what he did to Sonja by rubbing his body on her and Aviva had to have been aware of it...if not at the moment, surely after watching the episode.
    Why does she condone that?? Isn't that sexual harassment? Isn't that illegal? Lot different than dancing on a table.
    Uncle David and trex like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    After watching the Vice Presidential debate last week, I realized that Joe Biden reminds me of Aviva's dad George!
    Resemblance????? Not even remotely, no, not at all!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I do believe it is illegal.

Resemblence, other than being old with false teeth, no.
    Moontat likes this.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    After watching the second half of the reunion, I kind of worry about Ramona's continued stay on the show. She went up against Andy a bit much, though he deserved it. Ro-So-Lu held up a good front of what to do for TV and what not to do. I've come around on Heather, but I'm not sure she'll see the show as a good deal for her brand anymore, depending on her sales figures; I'd still like to see her stick around. As much as I'd be the "outside viewer" on a reality tv show (which is why I'd never be on one) Carole can go. She's just kind of dull, but not as nearly as offensive as the other downtown VaJazzel woman from last season. And if I never see Aviva & George again, I'd be happy. I'd rather JillZarinofZarinFabrics. Or even Kelly JellyBeans.
    It was nice that Andy was kind and honest to Jill on the after show last night. She will not own how nasty she was or is (constantly blurting out insults). I think she wasted her show chance. Maybe there are others out there for her. But it would not be kind to us to bring her back.

Carol--I can take her or leave her. Heather, the same.

Best looking at the reunion--Luanne

I still want to see more Ramona.
    You can do it!

I like the way Ramona accused Luann of being a cheat without calling her a cheat. lol

I believe there is a lot of staged stuff on these shows, but I do think that Luann is none to happy with Carol. That entire thing about the designer clothes really upset her. IMO she seemed more disturbed over the clothes thing than the night with Tomas. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    HollyinSoCal, I can see the resemblance....Joe's not exactly my favorite person but George is just horrible. There's nothing of redeeming value in an old lech. He has no manners, is crude, loathsome, inappropriate. I keep remembering what he did to Sonja by rubbing his body on her and Aviva had to have been aware of it...if not at the moment, surely after watching the episode.
    Why does she condone that?? Isn't that sexual harassment? Isn't that illegal? Lot different than dancing on a table.
    I would think it is sexual assult, not sexual harassment. George has no power over SonJa, so I don't think harassment would apply. However, if he is rubbing up against women with his erection, it is an assult.

After watching the reunion, my opinions haven't changed much.
    Ramona is the biggest drama queen - - another royal in the cast. Can't stand her.
    Carole is fun, funny, and doesn't take crap but is able to be polite while telling you that you are full of crap.
    Heather I liked from the beginning and still do like her. Says what she thinks and doesn't feel the need to screech.
    SonJa is just sad and Heather is right, she needs to get off her azz and get a job. The intern thing is just stupid, why not just rent out rooms. Of course, maybe that's what she's really doing.
    Luann I never could stand. The reason (I think) she doesn't like Carole is the same reason she didn't like Bethenny, Carole doesn't agree that Luann is all that.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

Poor Jill.

I'm not sure what to make of her appearance last night.

On the one hand, I admire her chutzpah for pursuing something she believes was a bad decision - which impacted her personally and professionally. Maybe not all of us, but I, for one, have been in her shoes and can relate to everything she said (even her more self-absorbed observations). I have an old boss I would love to have the same discussion with...and I would likely be as misguided as Jill!

On the other hand, she does give herself far more credit than she deserves, and she is having a hard time letting go. It was a sad and pathetic attempt at reclaiming past glory days (I would be the SAME in my conversation with my old boss, btw).

Two things I know (a la Oprah): You can never go back and life ain't always fair. Even if Jill was brought back (and last night's show proved without a doubt that she will never be asked back), it wouldn't be the same. People change, dynamics change, etc. It wouldn't fit. Square peg...round hole. The best thing Jill can do is let it rest and find something new.

I liked that Andy said that NYC became too toxic. That was it in a nutshell. Jill, Bethany, Kelly, and Alex were just too "ugly" in behavior and word for me to take. Glad they are gone.

GabbyG, you are exactly right...assault, not harassment........I knew it wasn't right was drawing a blank last night....thanks.

About Jill Zarin: I think it's obvious that people don't like the "mean girls" anymore. Her reign is over....I thought the way she treated Bethanny, helped by her cohort, Luann.....horribly.
    We see a lot of bad behavior on these "reality" shows but I don't think I'll ever get Bethanny in her red coat, crying on the street out of my mind. I honestly don't think that was staged/scripted.
    It really hit me and most of this cr*p doesn't...ever. Jill was the Queen of Mean and it bit her in the butt. yay!
    GabbyG, Imperfect1 and Coco46 like this.

+ Reply to Thread