+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2625Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I think the women behaved like a normal reunion. We're just all suffering from sensory overload after 2 weeks of the New Jersey reunion, so anything that is less than hysterical screaming by 3 or 4 women at the same time seems low key.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I thought there was a lot of talking over one another and no one really truly listening, but that's par for the course for RHs. I don't watch NJ, but there was no table flipping or storming out. What I did find interesting, and something I don't recall happening before (I don't watch all the cities, so it could have happened and I missed it), is Aviva getting called out for trying to rehab her image due to the fans turning on her for acting like a nutjob on the back end of the season.
    sparklete likes this.

For those who watched....did you feel anything emotional when Aviva was talking about being trapped in that conveyor belt and her dad kept whispering to her to yell if she wanted? (The rescue personel kept telling her to be quiet.)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    For those who watched....did you feel anything emotional when Aviva was talking about being trapped in that conveyor belt and her dad kept whispering to her to yell if she wanted? (The rescue personel kept telling her to be quiet.)
    Geez, yes,it was heart wrenching. Aviva may have had a better adult life had she not become a high profile, affluent, celebrity-connected adult. Entitlement is not always a positive thing.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I fell asleep during this so I can't comment until I see it. I saw WWHL & zonked out. I can not wait to see jillzarin next Monday. Get the popcorn ready because this promises to be one heck of a show!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Perhaps the louder you scream the bigger the settlement??? I don't know/care because I am so past Aviva.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

My thoughts after part one of the reunion:

I could not be friends with Ramona.
    I would not be friends with Luann.
    I feel sad for SonJa in the fact that she is stuck in a marriage that has been over for a long time.
    Aviva is a hot mess and is stuck at six years old.
    I would love to be friends with Heather and Carole. They are both really "Real".

I grew up on a farm and we had one of those conveyer things, but it was to bring the hay into the bar, not the manure out of the barn. You don't need a conveyer to bring the manure out of the barn, because the cows (at least ours) were never on the second floor. We still have the conveyer, but the barn is gone. It is covered in flowers and vines.

I do feel for Aviva after hearing her story last night. I don't think I'd want to know her or could get along with her, but I think she did experience a terribly traumatic event, which her parents don't sound as if they helped her to process. I'm not sure parents could alone help a young child come to terms with that experience. As a adult, it's extremely difficult to rework those experiences.

However, it doesn't excuse her treatment of Ramona and Sonja.

I also felt sympathy for Ramona. She did seem to have been very hurt by Aviva's actions and she and Sonja are beyond being able to forgive in the immediate aftermath of Aviva's repeated apologies and attacks.

So I guess there is a pretty divisive split in the group, which is too bad.

Maybe some group therapy is called for?

Except for Ramona in that bizarre leather/chiffonie dress, they all looked quite lovely last night, no?
    OceanView likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Of course what Aviva went through when she was a child was horrible and I wouldn't wish that on any kid, but she used the very same story a week or two ago in her blog to defend George's attack on Ramona at her abused woman fundraiser. So when she retold it last night, it had zero effect on me.

Carole seemed to me to write her out of another season by claiming to do the show as a "guilty pleasure".

+ Reply to Thread