+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2467Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Boy, as per the previews, the Countess and the Princess share some venom at the reunion tonight. I wonder what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Is the reunion show tonight or tomorrow night?
    Tonight (Monday).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Boy, as per the previews, the Countess and the Princess share some venom at the reunion tonight. I wonder what's up with that?
    The Countass said on a recent episode of WWHL that she and the Princess socialize outside the show.

I think the arguments, etc. have a basis in reality, but I also think that the women learn to "leave it at the door" in many cases (not all, of course).

I didn't say that Carole was interested in George. He's old enough to be her father & she's too old for his tastes It is just a weird situation is all then again George really is weird. I still skeeve thinking about an 80 year old believing squirting orgasms are great dinner table conversations. Heck George would probably think a coat tree was doable. I could never imagine my 80 year old mother talking like that.

I feel for Reid. He has got to have the patience of a saint. Could you imagine Reid asking Aviva for a divorce..."You want to leave me..a girl who lost her leg at the age of 6 who is afraid to tall buildings, planes, trees, birds...ect.". ACK! Don't know if I really want to watch tonight...but I will.
    OceanView likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

no-- I never meant that you did. I was just imagining George thinking it.

Carole was awfully nice to him, though-- it was extremely caring of her to accompany him down the elevator, and onto the street-- but maybe she's got a thing for taking care of older men or those she views as stray puppies. It was kind of like George came to chastise Ramona, as if he was the respected patriarch, and instead got treated like a nuisance or worse. Maybe Carole just didn't like to see him embarrassed-- but I"m not sure she's shown that much consideration to others. She is very even-handed and maybe in her own way, less judgmental than the others.

In the end even though she's slightly alienating, I find her the most considerate, honest and open-minded one.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I feel for Reid.
    I feel less for Reed than I do for Aviva. Aviva was, at the end of the day, back on the island, miffed about a perceived lack of empathy. Pluse she has emotional baggage she still deals with.

Calling Sonja and Ramona overweight and middle age was just hurtful and mean. Don't get me wrong, Aviva is a mess but Reed is an ass.
    GabbyG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Lizard, not only does Aviva not mind falling because someone will pick her up. I think she looks forward to falling, because it gives her an opportunity to remind people that she was in an accident as a child and lost a leg, therefore she is better than them.
    Aviva, just like the other women, has enjoyed a selfish, egocentered life of luxury and privilege, and IMHO that's why none of them can manage ongoing civil and kind relationships. I believe Aviva, like any woman, is humiliated and embarrassed when she falls, and likely does not look forward to the clumsiness and humiliation and negative attention it brings.

I do think she likes to remind people that she has suffered immensely - but only when she's sitting there all pretty and calm, not when she's flat on the floor looking like a clown.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I'm surprised that Aviva has had 3 men who wanted to marry her....she's such a snake and pitiful in all the fears she has wrapped firmly around herself and I doubt she'll ever let any of them go. They sustain her and they define her.

I think the George/Carole thing was entirely a result of Bravo's manipulations and she's the only other single woman besides Sonja.
    As for Carole being kind to George at the women's event, I think that's part of her nature. After reading her book, she's a "nurturing, caretaker" person to those in need.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Watching the reunion last night, did anyone else find it strange that Aviva claimed that she never talks about her accident with her friends, considering that she seemed to bring up either not having a leg, or the accident itself, in every episode of the season? We're really supposed to believe that she felt comfortable talking about something with Bravo's entire audience that she never talks about with friends?
    Maveno likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Watching the reunion last night, did anyone else find it strange that Aviva claimed that she never talks about her accident with her friends, considering that she seemed to bring up either not having a leg, or the accident itself, in every episode of the season? We're really supposed to believe that she felt comfortable talking about something with Bravo's entire audience that she never talks about with friends?
    Yes, I found it odd too and I'm not sure I believe it.

I watched bits and pieces of the reunion last night. The parts I did see were rather boring I must say. I didn't expect that. I was trying to watch DWTS and The Voice at the same time. The girls were so low key that I couldn't get into it. Please tell me that I missed something that was exciting.

When is Part II. Maybe that will be little more lively.

+ Reply to Thread