+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2166Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I still like Aviva. I *do* feel more bad for her than anger or hatred of her. There's a deep rooted issue there - playing an amateur psychologist here; but it seems she lacks a certain self-esteem that she feels she MUST have other people apologize to her when she feels she has been wronged. (whether she in fact has been wronged is a different issue entirely, just that she FEELS she has been wronged). She has major problems in just letting things go and saying "F-- it" we don't see eye to eye on these things, let's just agree to disagree. Of course its hard to say if this is a generalized character flaw that carries over to the real important people in her life (that aren't necessarily on the TV show) or is just magnified and amped up for TV ratings purposes and directed only at her castmates. And she definitely is barking up the wrong trees if she expects narcissistic castmates to apologize to her. Narcissists are incapable of apologies.
    Lizard, Imperfect1 and OceanView like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I am sooooo disappointed in Aviva. At the beginning of this season I liked and admired her so much, but I was so sorry to see her dive into this obnoxious self-righteousness, which has continued on and on and on until now, coupled with her unequivicably trying to defend her disgusting father WITHOUT REALLY KNOWING exactly what he did and said to Ramona at the fundraiser --- she has just gone too far, as far as I'm concerned. I would give anything to be a fly on the wall when she actually sees 2 episodes: the first one is when she (and Reid) arrived at St Barts and she WAS welcomed warmly by both Ramona and Sonja (warmly, but admittedly briefly). (Also when she sees for herself that it was LuAnne and not Ramona or Sonja who suggested that someone ask Reid to stay at a hotel.) And the second episode I would love to see Aviva watch is Ramona's 'abused women' fund raiser and her father's horrendous behavior -- his insisting Ramona apologize, and Ramona trying, at first, to be VERY polite and cordial to him in spite of that, his grabbing Ramona's upper arm (hard enough to indent the skin --- I reran it in slo-mo on TIVO and it WAS agggressive and abusive), his insistence on not leaving her alone, and then his going to all the other ladies to insist that Ramona apologize -- coupled with putting the moves on Carole, and of course his absolute refusal to leave, even after Ramona asked him to, and after one security person asked him to and he wouldn't go, and then a second security person had to finally get him physically out of the room. For me, the bottom line is that the apple, in this case, has apparently not fallen far from the tree. Although Aviva isn't 'inappropriate' like her father, she certainly has that same self-righteous sense of being RIGHT, no matter what the actual circumstances, and having it her way or no way!
    I am sure she has seen both episodes by now. The thing is, you would think she would have been all "ohhhhhh, so that's how it all went down." But Aviva made up her mind a while back that Ramona is the source of all the evils in the world, and nothing, including visual evidence, is going to change her mind on that. She will chalk it up to editing.
    Imperfect1 and Coco46 like this.

FORT Fogey

Call me crazy, but I actually think Aviva and Ramona could be good friends. They started out in a good place very quickly. In a way, I think Aviva feels slighted by Ramona on a personal level and that is mostly what made her so angry. She likes Ramona. And Ramona likes Aviva.

Aviva just needs to loosen up in general and also get a grip on her reliance on Reed.
    norealityhere likes this.

Imperfect1, I very much agree with all you said here but let's not forget that maybe Aviva might see that there were a lot of ladies dancing on tables that first night out!
    She is so adamant about what she "thinks" went on when she wasn't even there. That really surprised me. It's also the sign of a looney tunes for sure!
    Imperfect1, Coco46 and OceanView like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Shame on me, but I kept waiting for Viv's leg to pop off, and kept imagining that sound you can make when you put your finger inside your cheek, tightly circle your lips, and yank the finger out of the side of your mouth! She is sooo annoying that I think that experience might have done her some good. Might have helped bring her back down to early, among the commoners!

I wouldn't want her to be hurt...well, maybe her pride and so-called dignity....just humbled! Arrogant people just annoy the hell out of me.
    Lizard likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Shame on me, but I kept waiting for Viv's leg to pop off, and kept imagining that sound you can make when you put your finger inside your cheek, tightly circle your lips, and yank the finger out of the side of your mouth! She is sooo annoying that I think that experience might have done her some good. Might have helped bring her back down to early, among the commoners!

I wouldn't want her to be hurt...well, maybe her pride and so-called dignity....just humbled! Arrogant people just annoy the hell out of me.
    I think she does not mind falling down because people will pick her up. She has been calling people names for four decades now. I do not see her changing. As much as we would like to see someone change it does not mean they are going to change.
    You can do it!

Is the reunion show tonight or tomorrow night?

FORT Fogey

Lizard, not only does Aviva not mind falling because someone will pick her up. I think she looks forward to falling, because it gives her an opportunity to remind people that she was in an accident as a child and lost a leg, therefore she is better than them.
    OceanView likes this.

IMHO her parents over compensated by spoiling her rotten after her accident. In all honesty I can't say I wouldn't have done the same exact thing if anything like that had ever happend to one of my children.
    In retrospect they did her a disservice because she now things the world should revolve around her. She has absolutely no right to tell any adult how to live their lives. Just because she is so afraid of what could possibly happen she can no longer live life to it's fullest. That is just sad because her children are going to grow up to be carbon copies of her.
    How does she know what happened at St Barths before she arrived? All she knew is what she heard from second hand knowledge from ladies whose views or recollections might be a bit tainted due to the vast amounts of drinking by everyone down there. She believed her father about Ramona's fashion show. She had the chance to attend herself...but oh that's right....Ramona was so inconsiderate and had the event on the 90th floor so Queen Aviva could not attend. George only attended to get some face time & the possibility of either hooking up with Carole yet she defends this leech.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

George and Carole??? yikes. It would never occurr to me that in his wildest fantasies he would imagine that Carole would be interested in him.

She was awfully nice to him-- but come on.

As far as Aviva--she showed signs of being just as mean and unable to let go of grudges from the very beginning.. I thought she sort of reveled in revisiting and magnifying the supposed misdeeds of her bete noires all along-- it just built up to a higher pitch then anyone could have imagined.

The two of them (father and daughter) must lives in some sort of folie a deux. I guess Reid, who seems to idolize Aviva, goes along with the whole thing. Let's hope for all their sakes she never turns on Reid. I would be surprised if she has any other friends of her own-- I doubt she can tolerate anyone's personality flaws-- unless they're some sort of royalty and treat her and her father the unfailing sort of noblesse oblige that comes so naturally to Carole.

+ Reply to Thread