+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2625Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I watched most of that show (Couple's Therapy) too! OMG. I was shocked. I wonder if there are enough viewers for me to start a thread on it. I would like to discuss it. I felt for Alex and Simon. They seemed very unhappy. Nothing like they appeared on housewives. Was that all an act? So sad. What I disliked about VH1 is that in the previews they showed Alex get out of the pool very angry and as she ran away she slipped and fell right on her butt! That was mean to show that of her. What's wrong with those people?
    Yes was shocked too how unhappy they both seemed. I did not see a forum for the show though.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ohhhh.... PASnow, I thought George must be under contract b/c of his multiple and prolonged appearances. Maybe he's just another loose cannon.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He is definitely 'loose', that's for sure!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I always thought that the recurring "characters" got some money from Bravo. They'd be stupid not to before signing the clearance to be used on TV.

It seems like there's some interest in talking about Couples Therapy, so I'll go start a thread under the "Other Reality" subforum. There's more than just Simon & Alex that's crazy there!

I don't think Bravo forced George to go....I can imagine TPTB saying to old George, "how about going to a charity event with all women and deliver a donation?"
    Can almost see George starting to salivate, wondering or maybe asking if Carol would be there.
    Just being on the show even for free would be right up George's alley.

I bet George was rarin' to go to the charity event. Can you imagine this delusional 80 year old guy surrounded by attractive women, in a crowded room. That must be his version of the promised land.

Looks like there's a bit of the fame whore in him--and after all, visions of conquests must have arisen in his mind. That party could have been like speed-dating-- with no competition. The fact that he had every intention of chastising Ramona while waving a large check in her face seems to have given him no pause. In fact, I guess he was happy to do so.

I actually thought Carole went a bit overboard to play gracious hostess with him--accompanying him down on the elevator and all. On one hand, I understand her desire to spare him some embarrassment-- but she also seemed to have some ulterior motive. Since she's the only one without any major conflicts, she has to shore up her position in the group by being the go-between among the factions-- sliding just far enough into each drama to play some role in the conflict, without ever having to take up cudgels for or against anyone. She's for and against everyone.

The season did end rather abruptly I thought-- in the middle of a bunch of arguments-- as if to say... to be continued... Maybe Bravo thinks the NY Housewives have hit just the perfect mean between raw and cooked-- or malicious and charming.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

This is all I'm going to say.

Who does this commercial remind you of?

Doggie Dentures - Australian PEDIGREE DentaStix TV Commercial 2011 - YouTube

No need to comment. lol

No need to comment. lol
    OMG it's George. Oh, no need to comment!
    OceanView likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

No need to comment. lol

!! I had to. I just couldn't help it!!!
    OceanView likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I am sooooo disappointed in Aviva. At the beginning of this season I liked and admired her so much, but I was so sorry to see her dive into this obnoxious self-righteousness, which has continued on and on and on until now, coupled with her unequivicably trying to defend her disgusting father WITHOUT REALLY KNOWING exactly what he did and said to Ramona at the fundraiser --- she has just gone too far, as far as I'm concerned. I would give anything to be a fly on the wall when she actually sees 2 episodes: the first one is when she (and Reid) arrived at St Barts and she WAS welcomed warmly by both Ramona and Sonja (warmly, but admittedly briefly). (Also when she sees for herself that it was LuAnne and not Ramona or Sonja who suggested that someone ask Reid to stay at a hotel.) And the second episode I would love to see Aviva watch is Ramona's 'abused women' fund raiser and her father's horrendous behavior -- his insisting Ramona apologize, and Ramona trying, at first, to be VERY polite and cordial to him in spite of that, his grabbing Ramona's upper arm (hard enough to indent the skin --- I reran it in slo-mo on TIVO and it WAS agggressive and abusive), his insistence on not leaving her alone, and then his going to all the other ladies to insist that Ramona apologize -- coupled with putting the moves on Carole, and of course his absolute refusal to leave, even after Ramona asked him to, and after one security person asked him to and he wouldn't go, and then a second security person had to finally get him physically out of the room. For me, the bottom line is that the apple, in this case, has apparently not fallen far from the tree. Although Aviva isn't 'inappropriate' like her father, she certainly has that same self-righteous sense of being RIGHT, no matter what the actual circumstances, and having it her way or no way!
    Dragonlady, Debb70 and OceanView like this.

+ Reply to Thread