+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2245Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

George is a little pathetic but apparently his inappropriate behavior is just fine with Aviva, unlike Sonja or Ramona.
    Carol and Luann also must fall into the same category because both had sex on the island with being married!! How shocking but apparently forgivable by Sister Aviva.
    So guess what, Aviva....you're not upset w/Ramona and Sonja because of their morals....you're just upset with them because they don't bow down to you when you arrive.
    What the heck does it matter to her if they sleep together? So what. They're both so very heterosexual that you know nothing is going on. They probably just passed out from drinking.
    And that wasn't a fake fur Aviva had around her neck.
    I don't think Ramona should have called Harry about Atilla The Hun. None of her business.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

It's all rainy and depressing outside, so I'm doing some Bravo therapy and re-watching the pre-Barths brunch episode. Aviva is now more insufferable in that episode than before. And Carole likes to stir the pot too damn much. It is really something that I now am in Turtle Time's corner after 5 years of thinking she's a nutcase. Nutcases are all relative, I suppose.
    Moontat, Dragonlady and OceanView like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    It's all rainy and depressing outside, so I'm doing some Bravo therapy and re-watching the pre-Barths brunch episode. Aviva is now more insufferable in that episode than before. And Carole likes to stir the pot too damn much. It is really something that I now am in Turtle Time's corner after 5 years of thinking she's a nutcase. Nutcases are all relative, I suppose.
    I hear ya. I have a new appreciation for Ramona and Sonja.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I had a very long post about these ladies and totally lost it while trying to save it.....probably for the best.
    But things I laughed at tonight (just watched this episode)
    - Aviva thinking she knows better what happened on the island rather than Ramona who was actually there.
    - trying to portray her father as "pool 80 year old man." couldn't have been talking about George!
    Was a very juicy season and I love it.
    Oh I hate when I lose a long post. It's shocking that Aviva can't excuse anyone but an 80 year old perv.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Several things drove me crazy about this week's episode: First, when Aviva's father called Ramona a TRAILER TURD"!!!! I couldn't believe he really said that, so I rewound to hear it again, to make sure!!! Then, Aviva's holier-than-thou rants to everyone about Sonia's and Ramona's behavior in St Barts! Really???? Aviva laughs off the TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE behavior and trash/sex talk from her own father, but she has the nerve to act as 'Miss Prim and Proper' and set herself up as judge and jury to two grown women she has no business telling how to behave. She can THINK what she wants about them, but she has no right to tell them how they have to behave --- especially when they're on vacation specifically to let their hair down, be silly, and get drunk and have fun. (But I have to admit, my eyebrows DID go up when she said that she SAW Ramona and Sonia spooning naked in the bed together! Wow! Sexual or not, that WAS surprising --- but then again, as someone mentioned up-thread --- Aviva couldn't have seen Sonia's bed from the doorway. . .)

PS -- Regarding Sonia's divorce -- I felt really sorry for Sonia too, and didn't realize until this episode that she really still has such deep feelings for her husband -- or at least for the loss of her marriage (and all that it afforded her). And I guess it is possible that the settlement portion of the divorce could be taking this long. The divorce process was probably "bi-furcated" - meaning that the 'divorce' portion was made final, legally, but the 'financial settlement' portion is still in progress. And with Mr. Morgan being an extremely wealthy man, the settlement could be very, very complicated.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 09-29-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    It's all rainy and depressing outside,
    Could you please send some rain & gloomy weather to So Cal?
    We're anticipating 100 to 105 for the next few days. We've had such a long, long very hot summer & it's taking it's toll on all of us.
    It's been between 90 degrees & 100 since July.
    We don't make the news because we're the Sunshine State but we'd like some Autumn, please.
    buttahfly likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Could you please send some rain & gloomy weather to So Cal?
    We're anticipating 100 to 105 for the next few days. We've had such a long, long very hot summer & it's taking it's toll on all of us.
    It's been between 90 degrees & 100 since July.
    We don't make the news because we're the Sunshine State but we'd like some Autumn, please.
    Take heart, DL, October and cooler weather are right around the corner. Having spent most of my life in LA (both on the "West Side" and in the "Valley") -- I know that almost every year, especially in the Valley, summers are long, dry, and very hot, all the way through mid to end of September. One year I was 9 months pregnant and 3 weeks LATE at the end of a very hot summer, and by the end of September into early October I was ready to practically kill myself from the miserable heat. But it magically disappears into the blissful weather LA has for the rest of the year --- so hang in there. You're close!
    Dragonlady likes this.

FORT Fogey

Love her or hate her, one thing I give Ramona props for is self-improvement. She does seem to try take an introspective look at herself and "fix" character flaws.

On the flip side, my one and only grudge with Ramona is that she says things she shouldn't and defends herself by referring to it as honesty. True or not, some things just don't need to be said if the objective is to be a nice person and get along.
    Dragonlady likes this.

I read Aviva's blog for some reason. I was bored at work. Wow that woman is as delusional as kelly. And still beating the same dead horse after suposedly taking responsibility for her actions. And we are supposed to excuse her father but Ramona's behavior is just awful. The guy's behavior is sexual harrassment at its worst. And maybe I am crazy but I swear he said last week's episode "incest is best". Who does that? How is that supposed to be charming or funny or the mark of a "good, decent human being"? And she making it seem like he lovingly touched Ramona's arm when you clearly could see his thumb making an indentation in her arm. I would have taken his head off for that, not been as polite as Ramona tried to be. (still can't believe I am on Ramona's side). Like ramona, I was also a victim of domestic violence and I would not take kindly to someone bullying me and grabbing my arm with a hard pinch. She also says she would have never asked any of Ramona or her relative to leave, when I distinctly remember her telling Carol that Ramona and Sonja leave or she and Reid will stay at a hotel. And back to Aviva's father, does Bravo think that all its viewers are a bunch of lowlifes that would love him?

The Real Housewives of New York

All I can say is I can't wait for the reunion.
    Moontat and Coco46 like this.

+ Reply to Thread