+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2525Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Anyway Aviva is a hypocrit-- she acts as if Ramona and Sonja are beneath contempt for having a wild weekend "at their age"-- while smilingly condoning her father's pushing up against her friend, and endless and much ballyhooed bed-hopping with women who are out of his age range and whom Aviva deems unworthy of being introduced to her, because they are "one,two, or three-night stands."
    Punkin and OceanView like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I see it, you can either sit around and grovel in your self-pity about you amputated leg, and make other people as miserable as possible, or you can decided to make yourself feel better. If the heifer wasn't "rolling in dough", maybe I would feel sorrier for her. Many people with devastating injuries and more reasons to feel sorry for themselves are doing so much more with so much less. Aviva needs to get over herself.
    Punkin, mayamaisha and OceanView like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Didn't Sonja and pinot apologize to her in St. Barts? Why can't she just drop it. Although I'm not siding with Pinot either. She is just mad crazy.
    Punkin, sparklete and OceanView like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    With Sonja I think it was more of an identity issue. She was a very rich man's wife. Maybe the painting was to remind people or remind herself........if she owns a house in France, I think she must have gotten a settlement in her divorce.

White trash, bullying Aviva with her double dealing middle aged fat husband and trailer terd father. I believe her father was just looking for an opportunity to chase Carol. I do not think he was really trying to help his daughter out.
    I really felt sorry for Sonja. I actually liked that Luann was there for her.... she was very sweet. Ramona would not have been the support she needed. As for George, I do believe he jumped to the chance to attend.... not to deliver the check but for airtime.... AND going after Carol or anyone else he may think he could get. Can't stand this guy. I'll take drunk Sonja and drunk Ramona any day over perv George. Shame on you Aviva for judging people, when you flaunt your perv dad.
    Punkin, PA Snow Bunny and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Last night Sonja was on with Andy and when questioned about her daughter, said that her daughter understood that the show is a drama documentary or something like that. Code word for fake IMO. She said her daugher understood. And as far as the nude swimming. She said her daughter knew she swam nude and it was fine.

I think that Aviva really has lost it. Everytime I see her and her dad together I get this sickening feeling. I think Bravo pushed the envelope too far on this storyline. It's just too gross.

Ref. the comments upthread about time deadline on Sonja's divorce. I do practice divorce law and while I'm not licensed in NY, I know that most states have deadlines for your property division disputes. Most states require you to file your claim BEFORE the divorce is final and then wrap it up within so many months. You settle or have a trial. So Sonja saying she would file a legal action is odd. Maybe there was a prenup that has been disputed and that is what they are arguing about. That makes more sense.
    Thanks for the legal insight. I find her divorce settlement pending for so long so odd. So maybe that's it.... fighting a prenup.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I don't know....I stopped watching most of these RHW shows awhile back. I just could not stand the drama anymore. I never watched the Miami & DC groups.
    Thing is...I get where the firs few casts members went into this franchise without fully understanding what they were getting themselves and, by proxy, the rest of their family. I am sure they never expected their sometimes shady business deals, affairs, financial problems, whatever else would become known to anyone who has access to the internet. Once you knew this was possible & happened already; in my opinion you signed a contract for your soul.
    I am a private person by nature. I don't put my personal thoughts & happenings on facebook. I have my fears & phobias; I am sure 99% of the people in this country have fears & phobias. You just can not allow those things to rule your life. I have a phobia against snakes...hate them...only good snake is a dead one. I was at the point if I even saw 1 on TV I would freak. I wouldn't go in pet stores that were selling snakes. Last summer I went into a pet store to get cat food; lo & behold a store employee was holding a small snake. I had my choice to scream in fear & run out of the store or I could face my fear. I certainly did not ask for the store manager to have the snake removed from the store & have the employee fired.
    I went up & toughed the snake with 1 finger. Did I like it...NO...but it didn't kill me either. While I would never buy a snake I can now at least see them on TV and not freak-out.
    Many people have rational fear about certain things.... snakes, dogs, bees..... but what Aviva has (and me too) is an irrational fear. It's hard to explain if you don't have it. Not that I am defending Aviva... can't stand her. But when you have full fledged panic disorder, it is truly out of your control. Some people can go to cognitive therapy and overcome it.... but if it goes on for too long without treatment.... it is harder and harder to overcome.... because it becomes a learned behavior. Anyway, I have an irrational fear of certain things... such as flying.... and medication works fine when I do fly. Rather than Avivia setting an example to others with the same condition.... she disappointedly made herself out to be a jerk.
    Punkin, mayamaisha and Imperfect1 like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I don't want to minimize the trauma of an accident that would lead to a leg being amputated. Not do I want to pretend that having a prosthetic leg would not cause hardships throughout life. But Aviva relies on it way too much. When Ramona was talking about hardships, and Aviva responded with "I lost a leg" it made me feel sorry for Aviva that she doesn't realize that if she has to go back that far to find hardship in her life, then she's led a REALLY good life!
    Yes... and can you imagine how her parents raised her with them having all kinds of guilt? I think Aviva is the product of her accident... and guilty parents. If she has siblings.... I bet they are messed up because of the special treatment that their sister got. Plus, can you imagine how overbearing the parents became with the kids after going through that accident/incident with Aviva? Just guessing of course.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.

I had a very long post about these ladies and totally lost it while trying to save it.....probably for the best.
    But things I laughed at tonight (just watched this episode)
    - Aviva thinking she knows better what happened on the island rather than Ramona who was actually there.
    - trying to portray her father as "pool 80 year old man." couldn't have been talking about George!
    Was a very juicy season and I love it.
    Punkin and OceanView like this.

Did any of you catch Sonja on with Andy Monday night? She looked great.
    OceanView likes this.

IIRC didn't Aviva get into a very public spat with her EX Harry??? Seems to me this lady has issues with everyone & I am sure if she sticks around long enough Carole, Heather & Luann will feel her wrath too.
    She has ZERO right to tell anyone how to live their lives. Kelly called Bethenny a bully. IMHO Aviva is bullying Ramona & Sonja.
    George went to that party not to deliver a check but to try & hook-up with Carole. Problem is he is way out of her league & too old for her.
    OceanView likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread