+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2222Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

If Carole does orchestrate her surroundings, like you say, I would kind of be on her side. It puts her in control, and that's not a bad position to be in. It's like a game that she can stand outside of herself and watch, if that makes sense. Should she run into someone that she can't "play" that with, she will know that she's met her match and she'll either learn from them or she'll run!

I think it's kind of a fun way of entertaining yourself.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    AcookerTV, I completely agree with your observation here. That's how I see Carol also.

I'm wondering if the whole thing was baloney......neither Luann or Sonja actually slept w/the Pirate. Maybe they agreed to letting the viewers assume what happened...even to the point of Luann and her Italian friends lie.
    It was always difficult for me to picture the Countess and the Pirate....to me, she was far more masculine than he was. And if he lived here in So Cal, you'd be positive he was gay so you'd never suspect anything.
    (not that I wanted to picture those two together but sometimes you brain goes places you'd rather it didn't)
    I believe it was baloney too. They only wish this younger man wanted them. I'm sure they asked Bravo for this storyline to make themselves more appealing.

FORT Fanatic

Latest scoop... Heather and Carole bonded in St. Barths because they spent a lot of time smoking pot together. Now that I think about ... Carole doeshave that mellow stoned persona to her... and she has already admitted to enjoying getting high. No wonder she doesn't go off on anyone. LOL
    Punkin, norealityhere and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Latest scoop... Heather and Carole bonded in St. Barths because they spent a lot of time smoking pot together. Now that I think about ... Carole doeshave that mellow stoned persona to her... and she has already admitted to enjoying getting high. No wonder she doesn't go off on anyone. LOL
    Holy Smoke!
    But I think you totally nailed it! It was right in front of me and I ignored the signs.
    Carole smoking....and not her pink cigs....fits completely. I don't think she does it all the time but plenty. She could be on Prozac or Xanax but guess she choosees this mode.
    I could see her and Heather doing it together...especially on the beach, like they were. They probably needed to with the crazy loons in the house!

Brilliant observation, OceanView!
    Punkin and OceanView like this.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

"You are my problem." Ugh. I'm ready for the episode to air tonight so I don't have to see that promo anymore. Aviva is too much.
    OceanView likes this.

Aviva the self help therapist who needs more couch time than all of those ladies combined.
    Punkin, mayamaisha and OceanView like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

It's my bet that both Sonja and the countass had sex with the Thomas character. Sonja was filmed saying she "humped Thomas in the back of the garden". If that had not occurred, Sonja would certainly be humiliated, given her propensity for begging for sex and frequently getting no response from men shown on camera. If Thomas had rejected Sonja, it's a sure thing she'd not comment about being "humped". That would be further humiliating.

As for the countass, she acts like a woman who will take it where she can. It appears that her union with Jack is for Bravo cameras.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Aviva could use some of that.

Ramona and Sonja too. Can you imagine? Maybe had they all toked up in St. Barth's, things would have turned out differently! Regardless, it would have majorly entertaining.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I just throw my hands up with Aviva. So we start out with her in the health store, with the clearly put-out owner (though maybe not that put-out since he made nearly $500 off of her & her dad), and she's clearly okay with the daddy saucy talk. I truly do not get that. If my circumstances were the same and my dad rolled out something like "incest is the best" I'd have him committed after I clocked him upside the head. Luckily, my dad isn't nuts. I need to thank him for that...we sometimes get confused as a "couple" when we golf together, which bothers us both. I drop the "Hey, dad, did you get the score card?" and he drops the "Yes, my daughter is paying for her own fare, she's not a senior."

Sonja is just kind of sad with her prolonged divorce settlement. I really don't get why it has taken so long. I don't do family law practice AT ALL, but six years seems too long. I know Luann had to find a place in the story line, but I was kind of glad she was at least superficially there for Sonja. Even if Lu seemed to be pissed that Heather only asked Aviva to walk in the runway show.

That brunch between Aviva and Ramona made me actually angry. Aviva is so full of back issues. Yes, she had a childhood trauma. But given that she's professed to be 41 (and from the hair and lines in her face, I think she's lying about by 15 years), she should be the hell over it or get some serious therapy. If Brad Synder can win the gold in the paraolympics a year to the day after he was blinded in Afghanistan, I'm kind of out of time for her childhood phobias. And yeah, her mother was a alcoholic...go to Al-anon. For all I know Ramona may be a functional alcoholic; but to call someone out for that in the way she did is far less than constructive.

And, oy, the irony. Aviva couldn't go to the 90th floor but didn't dawn on her, so she sent George. George, who talked of female pleasure at the dinner table. Who is far more inappropriate than the entire cast (aside from St. Aviva) dancing on tables in St. Barths. Right? Yeah, no. At this point, RomoJa could dance naked on the tables of any diner in NYC and be far more appropriate than George.

I need to stop watching this crap. Where is Aviva to send me to rehab?
    Punkin and mayamaisha like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wow! Sonja is really not over her ex-husband at all, is she? How sad that her poor daughter gets to stand on the sidelines and see that pathetic situation.

I hate to see somebody trying and trying to hang onto a marriage/relationship that the other person has, without question, abandoned. Luann got burned like that by the Count; her pride was the most wounded appendage. Sonja still thinks she is in love.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-24-2012 at 11:42 PM.
    Punkin and OceanView like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread