+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2241Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

As far as the ladies getting too up close and personal goes. I can sort of understand. I would chalk it up to hormones and alcohol. Sometimes when your inhibitions are lowered and your sex drive is high.....you make dumb decisions.

And it really is up to the single ladies on the show to make things a little naughty, since the married ones could get into real trouble if they went down that road. I think that Sonja really needs the job on Bravo and it shows.

I'm not sure if Luann made her little affair out of the need for an income from Bravo or she just couldn't resist the temptation of a hot night with Tomas. Maybe we'll hear more about it at the reunion. What a hot mess that's going to be. lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Carol is just way, way, waaay too thin. Thin tends to be unattractive on a woman in her age range, or older. When she and Heather went out drinking, Heather said something about her "95-pound friend" having too much to drink. I think her estimation of Carol's weight is pretty accurate, since television tends to add 10-20 pounds. Can you imagine what she must look like in person??? She's so thin that, I think, she looks unhealthy.
    Debb70 and OceanView like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a couple of friends who are super thin too, but they are also short. Both of them are just under 5 feet tall and they weigh in the 90's. They have been tiny like that that entire lives and they don't look unhealthy, but I think Carol looks much taller than 5'. She looks to be at least 5'6, though it's difficult to tell on tv. I have no idea if she has always been that way.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Since people were talking about her beauty, I think that while she does not have traditional "on paper" great looks ... she's got a weird overbite, her face is very long, etc, she has a great sense of style, and carries herself with A LOT of confidence. Those things make her more beautiful in my book.
    AcookerTV, I completely agree with your observation here. That's how I see Carol also.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I'm not sure if Luann made her little affair out of the need for an income from Bravo or she just couldn't resist the temptation of a hot night with Tomas. Maybe we'll hear more about it at the reunion. What a hot mess that's going to be. lol
    I'm wondering if the whole thing was baloney......neither Luann or Sonja actually slept w/the Pirate. Maybe they agreed to letting the viewers assume what happened...even to the point of Luann and her Italian friends lie.
    It was always difficult for me to picture the Countess and the Pirate....to me, she was far more masculine than he was. And if he lived here in So Cal, you'd be positive he was gay so you'd never suspect anything.
    (not that I wanted to picture those two together but sometimes you brain goes places you'd rather it didn't)
    Debb70 likes this.

That NY crowd is probably like the Hollywood crowd..lots of pressure to be thin and young.
    Agree that in real life I do not know anyone that thin who is not nursing a contra health problem.

Any man who only cares for you if you look a certain way is not good for you. Carol might be trying to compete with kids who throw themselves at musicians. Carol said Ramona and Sonja are like crazy aunts in their introduction to her boyfriend. Agewise I would think that they are more like her sisters. If she was was not aRadziwill would the AErosmith guy really be with her? I see identity issues in both Carol and her faux boyfriend. That being said I still like her. She does not really bother anyone.
    Last edited by Lizard; 09-21-2012 at 03:28 AM.
    Punkin likes this.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I really liked Carol in this episode. I thought the scene with her and Heather getting drunk was hilarious, and it was fun to see her squirm and roll with it when she saw the guy she'd gone on a date with. She seems to have an ability to laugh at herself, and i like that. Since people were talking about her beauty, I think that while she does not have traditional "on paper" great looks ... she's got a weird overbite, her face is very long, etc, she has a great sense of style, and carries herself with A LOT of confidence. Those things make her more beautiful in my book.
    I thought the whole point of Sonja taking Carole to that particular ragman was to surprise her .... that he's a man she had a one-night stand with; not that she'd merely dated him. She wouldn't - or I guess shouldn't - have been squirming had she merely dated the man. Would she?
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Did she date him, or was it a case of "I'll call you, I promise," that just never came about....and that can be embarrassing, if you think you may never have to worry about seeing him again.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Did she date him, or was it a case of "I'll call you, I promise," that just never came about....and that can be embarrassing, if you think you may never have to worry about seeing him again.
    my guess is that Sonja was passing out Sonja samples
    You can do it!

I thought you were talking about Carole, since she had met him, too,.....or am I all confused?

I thought it was Carole who was flirting with him in a bar in an earlier scene. I got the feeling that she didn't want to follow up on it, just wanted to have a good time over a drink. She was giving off signals of "I want to flirt, but I'm enjoying it mostly because you're more into me than I am into you and it flatters my ego" way.

It's one of the things I don't particularly like about Carole that she's very into making sure that she's the cool one in any crowd, or pairing she's in-- she's always thinking, you like me better than I like you, or I"m better (smarter, more connected,cooler,more well dressed,etc etc) than you are, or I'm taking this with a grain of salt while you're throwing yourself into it and that puts me above you---

I basically like a lot of things about her, but that stance gives me a certain chill.
    OceanView likes this.

+ Reply to Thread