+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Aviva wasn't there when Luanne did her hookup. How did she know about it? And was she there when Sonja did?
    Your comment made me think about that....guess it means that Carol, Heather or Luanne had to have told her (gossiped) about Sonja's activity.
    Probably Luanne because Aviva didn't talk about Luanne sleeping with Tomas, a fact that Lu wouldn't offer. If it had been Carole or Heather, Lu's little fling.
    She made a point that Sonja was a drunk and a slut and Ramona was just rude and mean and both were white trash but no mention of Luanne's or Carole's sex life.
    And everyone's sex life should not be her business.

I thought Aviva's father acted more "white trash" than the girls did. He was incredibly rude, uncouth and insulting to whichever female he was lusting after.
    He was always completely out of line and yet, Aviva just laughs at it and includes him with her friends.
    In her own way, Aviva is as batty as Ramona.
    I did like Carole but she's beginning to be a little too much "above it all"....very princess-like.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 09-13-2012 at 03:06 AM.
    Punkin likes this.

Okay.....Ramona & Sonja are both over 21. They did not have young children to attend to nor were they drinking & driving. They drank mostly at home & had a driver when they went out. They were on vacation. The only one with any concern with the amount they drank is their liver. It is no one else's business.

IDK...I think I would have thought, given the way Carole invited everyone, this WAS a girls only week. Why wouldn't wouldn't the other ladies have brought their SO if it wasn't a women only week? Does not make sense. This could have all been avoided if Aviva had just stood in NY or Reid stood in a hotel.
    She was totally unreasonable in asking Carole to ask Ramona & Sonja to leave. Carole could have avoided this if she had just went to St Barths with one of her really close girlfriends.

St Barths is not big enough for Aviva & her phobias.
    Punkin, mayamaisha and OceanView like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Russ was part of an All-Star band at the St. Barths Music Festival. Here's the program: http://www.stbartsmusicfestival.org/...rogram2012.pdf It looks pretty cool, with all kinds of music being played. And yep, Sonja and Ramona chose to skip the concert to either (a) pack, (b) drink as much wine as humanly possible, or (c) all of the above.
    I know this isn't the right place to do it but PhoneGrrrl - I tried to message you back but it won't let me. Says you don't accept private messages. Message me your email address so I can respond to you. Thanks!
    Sorry for the thread-jack!

What is the big deal with Sonja & Ramona deciding to not go to the concert? I doubt it was a big surprise when they weren't there since going to dinner Luann rode with Sonja & Ramona but on the way to the concert she rode in the same care as the other 3 ladies so they knew full well.
    Carole is the one who changed the parameters of the vacation. I doubt I would have gone either but then again if I felt as insulted as Ramona & Sonja I probably would have gone home sooner.

Ack...I have got to stop watching these spoiled witches.
    OceanView likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

The thing that hit me more than any of the other nonsense and depite Aviva's over the top self-absorbtion was her DR assessment of Sonja. She compared her to Anna Nicole Smith who married a much older man with money and let it slip through her fingers. I know nothing about Sonja's life but that she was married to a Morgan. And then during Aviva's talk with Sonja during the previews she told her she could see her in a downward spiral. I know little to nothing about Sonja and her upbringing before this seripendicious, for her, marriage, but I can see the same desperation Aviva refers to in scenes of inappropriate and embarrasing flirtation with any man around, plumbers, other tradesmen (to her benefit she passed on the creepy codger that is Aviva's embarassment of a father). I think she's running out of the probablily substantial divorce settlement and is now flailing about using what's left of her sexual attributes to find another sugar daddy. Her drunken scene (DH asked, "Is she blow drying her boobs and crotch?") was sad. Aviva, in the short time she has known them, correctly reckognized that where Ramona can drink all day, Sonja can't. I don't know how often Sonja overdoes it with alcohol, or just follows Ramona when they vacation andlet their hair down, but I hope we saw an aboration in Sonja's behavior. I think she is a beautiful woman and it must be difficult for her to become acoustomed to a less extravigant lifestyle than her former husband afforded her, I think she has a lot to offer to a nice man who is looking for an exciting and georgeoous woman. I'm sure the money she gets from Bravo is important to her in maintaining a certain lifestyle, but perhaps it keeps her from taking a realistic assetment of the truth of her current position and is draining her assests to keep up with an extravagant, over the top lifestyle. On top of that, I think Ramona, Luann and Sonja are setting very, very bad examples for their daughters. Their fun and raunchy adventures now may bring them regret in the future.
    GabbyG and OceanView like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I'm liking Carol less and less. I always thought there was something brewing underneath, but now we are seeing it. The thing I appreciate about Aviva is that at least she says what's on her mind straight up. I almost think Carole is the most pretentious of the bunch because she thinks she is more savvy than the rest.

Can't wait for the reunion.
    I absolutely agree with you about Carol. She puts on airs all the time, in a down to earth way (so that we don't always notice.)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    I think Carole doesn't take any of this seriously. She sees her castmates as a joke and enjoys merely observing their ridiculous antics. This is clear by her sarcastic off the cuff remarks about them. She is obviously a few notches higher than the others in terms of intelligence and gets a rise out of watching the others get all wrapped up in their narcissistic lives.
    This is exactly why Carol turns me off. She feels/knows (in her mind) that she is so 'above' all of these women and this show, however, is she selling herself out by going on it? Is she really 'above' all of them? She wants her books to sell, period, but is it worth selling herself out to be involved with these crazy women and show? To truly be 'above' it all ...... is to NOT be on it. JMO
    canuck and norealityhere like this.

I didn't hear Aviva ask Carol to ask Sonja and Ramona to leave...holy moly...talk about gall!
    I don't see any of these women turning down a "sugar daddy" if they could have one....not saying the married ones would leave their husbands but if single, they wouldn't have married the local handyman ever!
    Yep, Carol signed on the show for her own personal agenda....books, movies, journalism...any and all of it. It was a good move for her career and name/face recognition. I, for one, won't be able to forget that odd set of lips she has had "done." Although she tries very hard to "be above it all" she's just like them in many ways....just not so crazy so when in the company of these women, she appears quite sane.
    norealityhere and OceanView like this.

Is Aviva really beating up on Sonja for being a divorced woman? Did Anna NIcole Smith let her 90.year old husband slip through her fingers? Maybe AViva's phobia is that she will become divorced like Sonja.
    Debb70 and OceanView like this.
    You can do it!

geez. i thought all the girls weekend whining was over the top. i mean really. so what if there were significant others. and if i recall correctly, carole's boyfriend was always part of the plan. i mean, did these women expect to spend 24 hours a day together. who cares if carol and aviva went to ONE freaking dinner w their guys?!?!?!
    sparklete likes this.

+ Reply to Thread