+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 441 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3906704;
    On WWHL, LuAnn told Andy that she was just uncomfortable having the cameras there when Coerte started to kiss her. She mentioned she really adores him, and loves his company.
    Well, then, chaqun a son gout, or chacune as the case may be. If she adores him, and is sincere, then how can I do other than wish her happiness?

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3906988;
    Well, then, chaqun a son gout, or chacune as the case may be. If she adores him, and is sincere, then how can I do other than wish her happiness?
    I don't think wishing her happiness means we can't question her taste in men, considering her ex and Court are the choices we've seen her make

I thought the Countess was actually dating that dark haired guy whose name begins with a J.

I got the feeling that she just enjoyed Coerte's company but was not, in any way, attracted to him sexually.
    I don't know Coerte, but he seemed to be more Andy Cohen's type.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3907066;
    I thought the Countess was actually dating that dark haired guy whose name begins with a J.

I got the feeling that she just enjoyed Coerte's company but was not, in any way, attracted to him sexually.
    I don't know Coerte, but he seemed to be more Andy Cohen's type.
    Yes, I think LuAnn's statement to Andy was just to convey that she genuinely liked Coerte and his company, but not in a romantic sense. She did mention that she wanted to kiss Coerte at the bar, but was uncomfortable with the cameras being there.

This is what I posted on Facebook, where they ask for questions/comments for the reunion show. I wish they'd use it but I know it's too long ... :

Lu: Since you were the 4th wife, does that mean that there are 3 other women using the title now? At what point in time does it fade away? Please, let it fade away. It is more a joke to most of America than you realize. Your pathetic behavior in pulling Jill away was seen for what it was ... my bff now, don't make up. You say it was because there ... See Morewas a car waiting for you ... so go yourself and let the women resolve their differences. Take a page from Sonja's book, announce yourself when someone puts the speaker phone on. Classless.

Jill: better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Own up to your behavior. Mature adult women do not immediately try to get others on their side. They do not send childish emails to someone not involved with the fight. No more speakerphone hi-jinks, answer questions honestly. You were not. They keep it between themselves and the other person involved. If you wanted to know what was going on during the trip ... go yourself instead of sending a reporter.

Alex and B: Cheers to your budding friendship. Good luck, you both have the best shot at being real. Would love to see more of you two (and Ramona) Having FUN!

Kelly: Whether you realize it or not, you are being used. Do not fight a battle that's not yours. You patted yourself on the back on camera for ending the feud with B. Don't let someone goad you into forgetting that moment.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

The NYC housewives are still the nuttiest of the bunch.Anyway, I wasn't sure that a 3rd season would bring more drama, but it's turning out to be pretty entertaining.
    • Stories of Jill's less-than dignified behavior off-set started appearing around the end of S1 and then all through S2. She seemed to think she was the show's queen bee. Turns out she's not, and she can't deal with it. I tend to think Bethany's observation is correct. Jill needs a hobby, i.e. something she can call her own outside the show and the other housewives.
    • I'm not convinced that Bethany and Alex will develop a deep-rooted friendship. Bethany is smart as a whip, and in my very humble opinion (and formed with only average intelligentce), smart people get bored with less-smart people and eventually move on. It works for now, but not because of any major connection.
    • Kelly is still a loon.
    • I like the Countess. There is something about her I just like....I think it's her pleasant disposition and sense of dignity - even though it is often off-point.
    • I like the new housewife. I didn't at first, but I liked that she demonstrated vulnerability when talking about her divorce during a recent episode.
    • I love that Ramona made her way to Brooklyn and that she admitted to liking Simon. I think she is my all time favorite housewife. She's sort of the even-keeled one the season. How wierd is that!
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-20-2010 at 01:57 AM.

It occurs to me that this whole Housewives franchise is a very self-contained world. Fact is, I've lived my entire life in NYC and none of these women would have ever crossed my radar if I didn't watch this show (although I've passed Harry Zarin & Co. on Grand St. bazillions of times - it's an old, old, old business). As much or as little as I read the gossip columns, they still wouldn't be on my radar if I didn't watch the show (there are mentions in the gossips of other people on other shows but I can't name one from a show I don't watch).

Same with all the other Housewives - notice there's no gossip about Tamra's divorce, Lynne's finances, or Gretchen's boyfriends since the end of the last season's run.

Point is, these women aren't big shots and someone really ought to tell them . . .

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3908752;
    I'm not convinced that Bethany and Alex will develop a deep-rooted friendship. Bethany is smart as a whip, and in my very humble opinion (and formed with only average intelligentce), smart people get bored with less-smart people and eventually move on. It works for now, but not because of any major connection.
    I think Alex is actually really smart - maybe even smarter than Bethenny. I think Bethenny is witty and quick, but not necessarily smarter than Alex. I do agree, though, that there may not be enough commonality between them to sustain any long lasting friendship. I do think Bethenny has come to appreciate Alex more than she had in the past, and I think she'll (at least) remain friendly towards Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3907619;
    Yes, I think LuAnn's statement to Andy was just to convey that she genuinely liked Coerte and his company, but not in a romantic sense. She did mention that she wanted to kiss Coerte at the bar, but was uncomfortable with the cameras being there.
    If LuLu didn't want the cameras filming her & her date why did she invite them? I am sorry but there was more chemistry with LuLu & her bar stool then there was with Corte.

Bravo is showing reruns from last season. It is so strange to see Jill and Bethenny as friends, and it kind of makes me sad about their falling out. Kelly's behavior appears no different than it was on last week's episode.

Also, can I just say, I love Bethenny's husband and think they are a wonderful couple. He seems to adore her and be absolutely perfect for her. So happy for them!

+ Reply to Thread