+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2467Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Carol: (about Ramona and Sonja) "There's just an inelegance to them when they are drinking and partying." (READ: White Trash)
    Punkin, Jexter and sparklete like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

SonJa and Ramona are no longer fun to watch (for me), they are just sad. I do like Heather and Carole, but Aviva has too many issues and her sense of entitlement is strange. Never could stand the countless. Could someone tell me why I'm watching this show
    Punkin, Uncle David and OceanView like this.

So many great observations here...I love reading this thread before and after I watch...it doesn't spoil it for me but often helps me see things I might have missed.

After St Barth's I no longer hate Heather....I still don't like her very much but in this last episode, I almost liked her...I liked that she was also upset at the "double date" because it was rude to the other ladies and EXACTLY what Sonja and Ramona had been complaining about and were told they were completely wrong. Helllloooo???

Yes, poor Sonja...she is becoming a little pathetic in her obvious needy-ness. I think she's really scared about her future....financially, and altho I think she'll probably have it better than a lot of other people in this world...(she has no idea how the rest of the world lives )...none of these women do.

Ramona is still and will always be batty as heck.

Aviva needs to get over herself.
    They're all exactly the same, as they all clamored for their own It's All About Me-Time......just that Aviva was particularly self-centered...Must have been her turn.

I wondered why she wore those swim suits that the top is structured like a sturdy bra. No reason, just wondering.

Sonja's upper lip (medically puffed up) looks just like a turtles upper mouth....not good...odd.

LuAnn definitely was laying low after her big miss-step with Tomas....I think she got super drunk and went with the moment. Maybe with Jacques being French, he wont' get that upset...but what do I know?? She also looks like she's growing her hair out...then she can look exactly like all the other Real Housewives....middle aged women with long, long hair (and extensions).

For the first time, I was a little disappointed with Carole....planning the double date seemed unlike her...especially after all that had gone on about Girls' Week...maybe it was scripted...just seemed odd for her.

Why is it ok for Carol to sleep every night with her boyfriend but it's not ok if Sonja sleeps with someone, even if it is a one-night stand? I thought Women's Lib had made it ok for single women to sleep with whoever they wanted to....just like men....(not my standards or beliefs but it is for others).
    What harm was Sonja doing to anyone (except maybe herself)? Who is Aviva to tell people they shouldn't have sex or drink?

I wish Sonja wasn't so desperate and succumbed to sleeping around a lot but those are my beliefs. Sonja has the right to do what she wants and Aviva has no business telling anyone except her children how to act.

I have more to say but I'm afraid I'm starting to sound like Aviva and think I should tell everyone how to act!
    Lizard, Debb70 and sparklete like this.

Good point about Aviva challenging Sonja about her sex partners. If I recall correctly, Carol spoke about her and her boyfriend early in the season and I think she said the two of them were NOT exclusive, so I'm not sure why Aviva's nose is turned so high with regard to that topic.

Hey, I'm taking this show way too seriously. Last night I dreamed that I had met and was dating Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones. Only he wasn't ugly or old. He was kind of cute and resembled Carole's boyfriend. He had on a pair of yellow trousers! I told him about how I loved seeing the Stones in concert 3 times in my life and blah, blah, blah, then I stopped myself and we talked about writing songs and we started writing down some lyrics as he strummed his guitar. About that time, a woman that resembled Carol walked up and sat down and began to chat about writing music. I was so happy to be dating a member of the Rolling Stones! What a dream!!!!!!
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-12-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    Punkin, GabbyG, Lizard and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Good point about Aviva challenging Sonja about her sex partners. If I recall correctly, Carol spoke about her and her boyfriend early in the season and I think she said the two of them were NOT exclusive, so I'm not sure why Aviva's nose is turned so high with regard to that topic.
    I agree! Sonja is a grown, single adult woamn. Who she sleeps with is her business not Aviva Drescher's especially since her father is a pervert. IIRC wasn't Carole also involved with George Clooney?

I am so over Aviva & her phobias. If she is back on RHWNYC I will stop watching.
    Lizard, Moontat and OceanView like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I think part of Aviva's reasoning (and I am NOT sticking up for her) is that S & R were going on and on about this being a "girls' trip".

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I think part of Aviva's reasoning (and I am NOT sticking up for her) is that S & R were going on and on about this being a "girls' trip".
    Oh, I get it, but I think they would argue that the hookups were done after the girls activities stopped and they headed for the sack.

Aviva wasn't there when Luanne did her hookup. How did she know about it? And was she there when Sonja did?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Carol: (about Ramona and Sonja) "There's just an inelegance to them when they are drinking and partying." (READ: White Trash)
    Ah yes, but doesn't this apply to us all when we've been drinking and partying?
    Punkin and mayamaisha like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I'm liking Carol less and less. I always thought there was something brewing underneath, but now we are seeing it. The thing I appreciate about Aviva is that at least she says what's on her mind straight up. I almost think Carole is the most pretentious of the bunch because she thinks she is more savvy than the rest.

Can't wait for the reunion.

FORT Regular

I think Carole doesn't take any of this seriously. She sees her castmates as a joke and enjoys merely observing their ridiculous antics. This is clear by her sarcastic off the cuff remarks about them. She is obviously a few notches higher than the others in terms of intelligence and gets a rise out of watching the others get all wrapped up in their narcissistic lives.
    Punkin and buttahfly like this.

+ Reply to Thread