+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1512Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I think they all have issues. That's one thing about these shows. Andy seems to show both sides of them. Some, of course, are exposed more than others.
    As far as Aviva's father, he just didn't really bother me.
    My stepmom lives in Fl. I've spent a lot of time there with the elderly population. Lots of men and women there carry on over the top regarding sexual matters. Most of them are way more frisky than you'd imagine.
    I've always thought Andy & Co. does a lot of research b/4 hiring RHs. I suspect he knows pretty much where a character can be taken, knows where skeletons are stored, knows their education, past relationship, financial, criminal, and lawsuit history; and knows how to tweak the crazy in them. IMHO a lot of RH divorces have occurred because of Bravo intervention- marriages that might have limped along in misery without Bravo. It's entertaining, but whew, what a messy business.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I don't think Aviva is bothered by Sonja and Ramona's drinking...Aviva drinks also...heck, they all do.

I think, given that her mother was an alcoholic .....and then look what her father is like, I can't be surprised at all Aviva's "issues." Her leg accident which was a horrendous experience for anyone and must surely have given her problems....
    and maybe with her parents, these are things she learned to do to get attention/sympathy/kindness??
    Just pretending to be a psychologist here....
    Although it doesn't change my mind about her....don't like her at all anymore.
    I think countass drinks as much as the others; she just doesn't brag about it. She must have been drunk on her butt when she (apparently) had sex with the Thomas character on St. Barths. She's not half as clever as she'd like to be, trying the next morning to cover her countass by insisting on silence from the people who knew about her sex romp.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

It is good to know the back issues.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    I have been back and forth with her. Once I learned her mother was an alcoholic and died from it, I admit I felt so sorry for her and do realize watching Sonja and Ramona drinking so much must really get to her. However, now I feel...... then don't hang around them. Her uppidity attitude and self righteousness is grinding on my last nerve. I hope she isn't asked back next season. Both she and her dad need therapy. And from what I recently read, Reid Drescher is in hot water over financial fraud. One that his brother, Stephen, has already been indicted for and served time for in the past.
    And the plot thickens.

There HAS to be reasons why people as wealthy as Reid and Aviva (and Carole) come on this kind of show. It's only a matter of time before we learn what they are.

I'm sure it has done nothing but boost business for business owner housewives (Ramona and Heather), and I'm sure Mario, Jacque, and Reid have seen upswings.

Perhaps Reid needed a bit of PR.
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-09-2012 at 07:28 AM.
    Prism and Debb70 like this.

So I read about the brother thing. These days "investment banker" can be kind of a seedy job. People get paydays just for getting financially desperate people to sign contracts--preying on the financially desperate people. (If you were not feeling bad enough, here's a little something for you.)

Positive for Aviva--it looks like she is not using alcohol to deal with her anxiety. That can be a learned destructive coping behavior. Good for her and good for her children.

Negative for Aviva--hurting people that looked up to her. I guess the only purpose was to create drama (related to alcoholism...people will avoid someone like that).
    You can do it!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

What a difference a trip to St. Barths makes! I've turned a corner with Heather; now that she's not constantly in Ramona's face and is basically doing color commentary and calling the BS as she sees it (with a liberal amount of swearing, a gal after my own heart), I've taken a liking to her. I thought she slightly over-reacted at learning about the couples' dinner, but on the other hand, she did get pretty chummy with Carole and I could see where she could be pissed that she was not alerted that she'd be on her own for dinner (or stuck with Ramona & Sonja).

I am totally done with Aviva at this point. It wasn't that long ago that she invited Sonja to Miami with the specific intent of hooking Sonja up with her disgusting pig of a father. Then she gives Sonja the total stink-eye for flirting with the chef and hooking up with Tomas. So, hooking up with a dirty old man is tots cool (as long as he a blood relation of Aviva) but hooking up with younger, more attractive (neither the chef nor Tomas had those god-awful chompers) dudes is morally reprehensible. It's as crazy as Ramona going off on Alex for some nude snap shots while she doesn't mind skinny dipping on national television.

Sonja is a sad drunk when she over-does it, which seems to be all too often. OTOH, if I were on this show, I'd probably have had to be drunk to sign the contract. I have a hard time absolutely hating her though; she just seems so lost...just a bit more together than Kim on BH at this point.

And what about Luanne? After the "Italian Friends"/Tomas incident, and the one little pot-stirring incident last week, she's been lying crazy-low in this episode. She knows how to build story-line, so it seems that she doesn't, maybe to put a lid on the Tomas incident. In the previews, she's all "I'll do anything for Jacques", which indicates that (a) she did hook up with Faux Depp and (b) she realizes she f'd up. But I will say that she looked stunning at the dinner with Ro, So, & Heather.
    Punkin and Prism like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    So I read about the brother thing. These days "investment banker" can be kind of a seedy job. People get paydays just for getting financially desperate people to sign contracts--preying on the financially desperate people. (If you were not feeling bad enough, here's a little something for you.)

Positive for Aviva--it looks like she is not using alcohol to deal with her anxiety. That can be a learned destructive coping behavior. Good for her and good for her children.

Negative for Aviva--hurting people that looked up to her. I guess the only purpose was to create drama (related to alcoholism...people will avoid someone like that).
    I just read Aviva's blog. Apparently, she is horrified at herself/actions at St Barths. And owns everything. But I'm still not sure if she's apologetic because of the backlash she got, or if she's sincere. Guess, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    I just read Aviva's blog. Apparently, she is horrified at herself/actions at St Barths. And owns everything. But I'm still not sure if she's apologetic because of the backlash she got, or if she's sincere. Guess, time will tell.
    She should be horrified at her behavior...she was truly acting like a spoiled little girl.
    I hope her apology is sincere...and I think it is ...for the moment....until the next time her nose is out of joint.

FORT Fogey

I thought it was hilarious last night to see how many women were complaining about others being self centered while focusing on themselves. I also loved that Ramona and Sonja had to google white trash
    Punkin, Jexter, Lizard and 2 others like this.

I do not think I will give Aviva the courtesy of reading her blog. Seeing her treat Sonja so badly made me furious. DOUBLE DEALING, WHITE TRASH AVIVA

Carol is not looking that considerate.

Ramona and Sonja--funny girls. Gave me a belly laugh

Finding Heather more likeable
    Last edited by Lizard; 09-11-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    Jexter likes this.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread