+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2467Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    I get the feeling she must see herself as a permanent victim, and must somehow identify being a victim with being righteous and good. Underneath the surface she's a bit of a sick puppy.
    That seems to be a common personality trait, but a curious one. I think you're right about Aviva's victim/savior complex. Ohers, such as Teresa Guidice (and Sarah Palin), create conflict then regard people's reactions as unprovoked attacks that they have to defend themselves against. They've got a victim/warrior complex.
    Punkin and Prism like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Aviva is nutz and when Romona told her take a xanax she should have she needed it. Sonja and Romona are fun and funny I loved the last episode it made me laugh. Aviva was annoying who gives a shit about thanking Reid for taking her there she made too much out of that I wanted to punch the TV.
    Debb70 and OceanView like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, people tend to do what works....and what works for Aviva is her over-the-top drama, and she knows that.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    That seems to be a common personality trait, but a curious one. I think you're right about Aviva's victim/savior complex. Ohers, such as Teresa Guidice (and Sarah Palin), create conflict then regard people's reactions as unprovoked attacks that they have to defend themselves against. They've got a victim/warrior complex.
    Creating conflict is sometimes a disguise to cover meanness, incivility, lack of ability, or lack of knowledge. Some political pundit yesterday denigrated Palin in the media; then Palin went on TV, very annoyed acting, dissing the guy, saying she was surprised her name was known to him. WTF? The single worst presidential running-mate pick in U.S. history, and she thinks no one noticed?

Teresa does the same thing, dissing acquaintances and relatives in print, then all uptight and angry when people notice how mean she is.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

the weird thing about Teresa is she keeps saying she didn't hurt people right when they're sitting there telling her she did. It's some kind of emotional deafness, if you think that the only person's reaction that defines every situation is yours. So if you're not hurt, or you didn't do anything wrong or supposedly didn't mean to hurt them (which obviously Teresa never does), then they can't be hurt-- no matter what they say.
    Punkin, Imperfect1 and OceanView like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Aviva has learned to use all of her "issues" as attention-getters. I hate people like that. I am OVER her and her drama. She needs to go play with herself. People are feeding her lunacy, whether they mean to or not.
    I have been back and forth with her. Once I learned her mother was an alcoholic and died from it, I admit I felt so sorry for her and do realize watching Sonja and Ramona drinking so much must really get to her. However, now I feel...... then don't hang around them. Her uppidity attitude and self righteousness is grinding on my last nerve. I hope she isn't asked back next season. Both she and her dad need therapy. And from what I recently read, Reid Drescher is in hot water over financial fraud. One that his brother, Stephen, has already been indicted for and served time for in the past.
    Last edited by OceanView; 09-07-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    the weird thing about Teresa is she keeps saying she didn't hurt people right when they're sitting there telling her she did. It's some kind of emotional deafness, if you think that the only person's reaction that defines every situation is yours. So if you're not hurt, or you didn't do anything wrong or supposedly didn't mean to hurt them (which obviously Teresa never does), then they can't be hurt-- no matter what they say.
    And alongside that personality trait is the absolute inability to see a perspective beyond their own.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I no surprise like Aviva. I think the fact that she bugs Ramona makes her more likable. Ramona is not happy unless she has crowd of people genuflecting and kissing her rings. Sonya is nothing more than a high class lapdog to Ramona. I loved her calling them "trash", they are. I won't call them white trash because trash is colorless.

I agree that Aviva was wanting attention ,but don't they all. Thats why Ramona and lapdog Sonya decided to lounge nude in a pool not caring if it was making some uncomfortable.
    Punkin, GabbyG, Imperfect1 and 2 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think they all have issues. That's one thing about these shows. Andy seems to show both sides of them. Some, of course, are exposed more than others.
    As far as Aviva's father, he just didn't really bother me.
    My stepmom lives in Fl. I've spent a lot of time there with the elderly population. Lots of men and women there carry on over the top regarding sexual matters. Most of them are way more frisky than you'd imagine.
    Jexter and MsDiva2007 like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I don't think Aviva is bothered by Sonja and Ramona's drinking...Aviva drinks also...heck, they all do.

I think, given that her mother was an alcoholic .....and then look what her father is like, I can't be surprised at all Aviva's "issues." Her leg accident which was a horrendous experience for anyone and must surely have given her problems....
    and maybe with her parents, these are things she learned to do to get attention/sympathy/kindness??
    Just pretending to be a psychologist here....
    Although it doesn't change my mind about her....don't like her at all anymore.
    Punkin and Lizard like this.

+ Reply to Thread