+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2201Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I personally thought Ramona and Sonja were extremely juvenile and immature when they went off "researching" hotels to stay at in case they needed to get away from Reed. Of course that could have been scripted from Bravo but if it wasn't scripted that scene was entirely absurd and that alone made me feel better when Aviva later called them "white trash." I mean really, if they were that uncomfortable with the idea of Reed staying in the same resort then tell Aviva to her face directly that it would make them want to stay in a different hotel.
    sparklete likes this.

I lost every ounce of respect for Aviva this past week. Her white trash comment was offensive & her "apology" was even more offensive. She is now a full fledged member of the mean girl society.
    Ramona & Sonja were on vacation. Yes they drank more than they should have & yes the swan topless in a pool with just girlfriends present in a private home where no one lese could see them. Ummmm didn't Carole go topless on the boat with male crew members on board & very close to the shore?

I like carole & Somona...the rest can go.
    Lizard likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

First let me say that I think all of this is silly, overblown, scripted, nonsense, but I watch it like a soap. Just for fun.

At first I liked Aviva, but I have grown to see that she is quite handicapped and not in the leg department. She seems to suffer from some kind of attachment disorder. She admits to her phobias and that's good. She says she gets treatment, so why is she still so disturbed? I don't get it. People who cannot let go of another person for a couple of days annoys me. It makes me wonder what is going on with them. While she was initially brave on the outside, I think there is much we don't know about it. Something's odd there.

Aviva failed to see that after she brought her dad on the show, she now looks like an idiot to complain of anyone else being inappropriate or trashy. Her dad took the cake, so she needs to get off of that.

LOVED Sonja's little white skirt and lace top. I would love to get that outfit for myself!
    Punkin and Lizard like this.

FORT Fogey

I wonder how many of Aviva's phobias are real, and how many of them are either attention getters or excuses. I tend to think that Aviva can be a bit selfish, and likely is unwilling to do things she doesn't care to do, just to be kind to someone else. So while she expects everyone she knows to attend a faux charity event she is holding, if a friend asks her to do something she doesn't want to, she makes up a phobia to explain why she "can't". With regards to her attachment to her husband, given the stories of all the women her ex-husband has been with, I wonder if he didn't cheat on her A LOT during their marriage. Perhaps he did, and that effected her so much that she's got an unhealthy attachment to her current husband figuring that if she's with him all the time, he can't cheat.
    Punkin likes this.

Aviva is just so self-righteous.

When she's angry about something it's "not just... blah blah blah (put down of other reasons why people purportedly are upset)... it's about "thus and such" (righteous reason to be upset, like suffering children, or an attack on one's some family-- or something other virtuous thing"--as if other people's feelings are generally based on trivial and selfish values and hers are about righteous and heroic ones.

And I totally agree with Debb70 that she seems to be incredibly dependent on Reid-- she can't go anywhere or do anything without him there. I wonder how she breathes without him. And she seems to have no awareness of how dependent she is--or she always has a rationalization for it. Maybe she really feels that the trauma she suffered as a child is a license to stand in judgment and look down on other people now-- for anything they do that she doesn't like. In fact, she kind of looks for things not to like.

Look at how glued to Ramona she became once Heather didn't invite Ramona to London. Like she saw poor Ramona as a victim and was coming to her rescue. In fact she kept turning Ramona, into a victim of other people's meanness-- and then stirring it up over and over. She did the same thing with Luanne and the wine-tasting. Basically Ramona had decided to overlook it, I think, to keep the peace with Luanne and try to keep things on an even keel. But that wasn't good enough for Aviva-- she had to get Ramona worked up about it and angry at Luanne-- and then she could stand up for Ramona as a victim and "defend" her by putting Luanne down again and again. I think she was about to use Ramona as a Reid substitute in the group-- attaching herself to her fellow righteous victim and being 'two against the world'.

But then Ramona screwed that up by not living up to her part of the deal, as devoted friend, who puts Aviva up on the pedestal that she thinks she should be on-- and agrees with and supports everything she says.

I get the feeling she must see herself as a permanent victim, and must somehow identify being a victim with being righteous and good. Underneath the surface she's a bit of a sick puppy.
    Punkin, candor, Lizard and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    LOVED Sonja's little white skirt and lace top. I would love to get that outfit for myself!
    That's one of the really fun things about watching the RHNY - their clothing is really great, good ideas for outfits. Sonja's a tad hookerish sometimes, but the white outfit was good. These women do know how to dress and I love seeing that!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    I personally thought Ramona and Sonja were extremely juvenile and immature when they went off "researching" hotels to stay at in case they needed to get away from Reed. Of course that could have been scripted from Bravo but if it wasn't scripted that scene was entirely absurd and that alone made me feel better when Aviva later called them "white trash." I mean really, if they were that uncomfortable with the idea of Reed staying in the same resort then tell Aviva to her face directly that it would make them want to stay in a different hotel.
    The trip to St. Barths Properties and the way the real estate company is promoting the show on their web site utterly screams "product placement" and that was the reason Ramona and Sonja went there. The production company must have gotten a steep discount for the Salines property; it ranges from $70K to $140K per week. Villa Oasis de Salines - St Barts - St Barth Properties Rental Villas And the show got me to look at the website even though I'll never go to St. Barths--there seem to be too many Captain Jack impersonators there.

After that preview with Reid calling Sonja and Ramona old and fat, I really wouldn't blame them for leaving. Yeah, they're in their 50s, but Reid isn't so far behind. And Ramona may have some wine belly, but they are far, far, far from fat. I'd AT MOST peg them at a 4/6 in dress size, and they'd probably be insulted at that. I'd give him "raunchy" if he said that, but even then, they're far less raunchy than Aviva's father.

Did anyone see the out-take clip of Heather and Carole having drinks & lunch? Heather was trying to get on Carole for not "defending" her against Ramona. Carole deflected, but the accusation goes against Heather's character arch of being able to take care of her self. It was weird.

Aviva is one tidy little bundle of neurotic problems...whether they're real or not, she needs them.
    Carol may not be the most beautiful of the ladies but she sure has had some fine love connections!
    Punkin likes this.

I was trying to make out whet Heather and Carol were saying on the preview. It showed her walking away(probably to mislead).

I think Aviva is beautiful. And I think she is too good to be a musician's side fling.

I thought Reid was calling himself old and fat. He is fatter than Ramona and Sonja. Calling thin women old and fat. That will go over well.
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Aviva has learned to use all of her "issues" as attention-getters. I hate people like that. I am OVER her and her drama. She needs to go play with herself. People are feeding her lunacy, whether they mean to or not.
    Punkin and OceanView like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread