+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I'll never dispute that Ramona and Sonjia are some crazy drunken broads, but Aviva seemed all kinds of over-the-top in her reaction when she got to the house. She expected a red carpet for Reid? A party for her showing up? Reid, for his part, looked like he just wanted to be left alone and was content staying in the house doing his work. And why the heck didn't Aviva just take the ferry to St. Barths? Oh, yeah, storyline. And we got another plug for the real estate agency on the island; got to love the NBC Universal product placement policy. It's like 30 Rock is a documentary now.

I did love the part when Sonjia was explaining her touch therapy thing to Ramona and said that it sometimes worked with Kelly. That cracked me up.
    I know, it's like walking on eggshells with her. She psyches herself out in preparation for lashing out. I think she's so full of baggage she's such a mess she needs therapy. She only sees her point. And I hate how the Countless just threw that firecracker and tried to act innocent about the whole thing. And everything was actually going well until Aviva got there... with BAGGAGE!
    OceanView likes this.

FORT Fogey

Aviva has definitely gone from my favorite to a needy demanding crazy woman in just a few short episodes. She was being so nasty and unreasonable that I was half expecting the women to that Reed could stay at the house, but Aviva needed to check into a hotel. I can't believe she didn't grasp at all why having a man in the house would be uncomfortable. Part of me thought that Sonja and Ramona should have just stayed topless in the pool to see how comfortable Aviva would be having her husband around them just to drive home the point.
    OceanView likes this.

The preview was misleading. Ramona said perfect things. She was not parading herself naked in front of Aviva 's husband. Even though she was wrongly called names she demonstrated a high degree of sensitivity.

Passing Tomas around--Luanne might be hurting Jacques. It is coo coo to talk about having a baby with someone you would readily cheat on.

Sonja--I do feel Sonja could use a real friend. She did not deserve to be called any name.

Carol---always love Carol

Heather--good she was not fighting with Ramona; good she was not ignoring anyone

Aviva-- clearly calls people names and is highly inconsiderate. She was trying to make Ramona miserable. To me it looks like she has been talking about Ramona and Sonja ever since the charity event behind their backs. And it really just came out immediately after she got off the plane. I think it is really weird when people tell you about their degrees to look smart........needed to shut up. Having an injury does not give you a right to injure other people.

....strange---passing the Tomas around
    Punkin likes this.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

Well LuAnn and Sonja also passed Aviva's ex-husband around. Clearly, they have a bit of a "conquest" rivalry going on. Also, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps LuAnn and Jacques have a bit more of an open relationship than most people may be used to. Weren't their rumors that she and her ex-husband had an open marriage? Maybe her hooking up with Tomas is par for the course as far as Jacques is concerned. And maybe he was back in New York hooking up with Tomasina since LuAnn was away.
    Prism and OceanView like this.

Yes cooker

I looked to see if there was an apology on Aviva's blog. There was not. Instead she said the women were concerned that her solid marriage would interfere with their debauchery. And she lays into Ramona.

Aviva is not concerned with her debaucherous dad. And perhaps he is one of the real culprits in her non physical injuries. (Her selection if wrong men; hyper sensitivity to debauchery)
    Punkin likes this.
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Aviva didn't need to check into a hotel. Aviva needed to check into a mental hospital.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This group, with 1 exception, is in the same trash boat as the Jersey clan.

I used to like Aviva..that has changed. Who on Earth named this neurotic woman Queen for the day??? To demand the women go & thank Reid for bringing her down for the weekend and throw a party for them to boot...sorry Aviva you aren't Queen Elizabeth, not by a long shot. While accurate, calling Sonja & Ramona "white trash" just made YOU white trash. If you are so phobic about planes don't go on an island vacation. That tone of voice...sheesh woman you sounded like a mother scolding her naughty children. Sure Sonja & Ramona where wasted but they were on VACATION....take a chill pill Aviva.

I guess in polite upper class circles it it perfectly fine to share sloppy seconds but I really didn't need the graphic image. One must wonder how many STD's this group has in common. Thanks for that image Carole & for the reason behind Sonja's black and blue marks. Did any of you notice a few weeks agi Sonja had a bite mark on the inside of her upper arm; it wasn't a dog bite either.

The Countass instigates everything & leave Clue & Less to hatch her evil plans & Luann walks away grinning. She is playing you Sonja & Ramona, don't you get that?

I am really not minding Heather...right now. Love Carole.
    Punkin likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Yes cooker

I looked to see if there was an apology on Aviva's blog. There was not. Instead she said the women were concerned that her solid marriage would interfere with their debauchery. And she lays into Ramona.

Aviva is not concerned with her debaucherous dad. And perhaps he is one of the real culprits in her non physical injuries. (Her selection if wrong men; hyper sensitivity to debauchery)
    This coming froma woman who has an 80 year old father as a pervert. Ok so Sonja did the nasty with Tomas but Ramona didn't. She wasn't there when that happened. One must wonder if she paints the Countess with the same brush since the Countess enjoyed the service from Tomas first.
    Punkin likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

I think that Aviva's biggest problem was that her expectations of her arrival were too high. So when reality didn't live up to that, she lashed out. I think that because Carole and Heather had been so kind to her skyping, trying to get her to come down, in her mind, she had built it up to all the women anticipating her arrival with great excitement, waiting to have fun until she got there. When she arrived, it sunk in that they'd been having a great time all along. They were not missing her - they were getting by just fine without her. In an attempt to get the women to come around to her expectations, she wanted to make them fawn over Reed so she felt more appreciated. I don't think the women having fun without her was bad at all. I think her expectations were just very faulty.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Do you think Alex and Simon are going to be on Couple's Therapy show because they still want to be on TV or that their marriage is in trouble?
    I'm thinking they never can get enough face-time.
    I think that is the real reason, getting more tv time.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

+ Reply to Thread