+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2094Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I'm not convinced LuAnne hooked up with Johnny D. I mean, I guess we'll see, but...wouldn't it just be foolish to talk on the phone and say what she did? French or no French? Wouldn't she think that Bravo would capture that conversation and translate it???

And, while Sonja and Ramona are generally out of control, it would surprise me if they were to call her on it in front of the cameras.

On a recent episode of WWHL, LuAanne didn't act as if she had anything to feel ashamed of. Even though the episode hadn't aired yet, I think she would have had a different demeanor if she cheated. Also, she said she and Carole hang out socially outside the show. I don't think Carole would hang out with someone who does that.

Or, maybe I'm just a naive fool.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I find Ramona so intolerable that I can hardly stand it. Now, she can't wait to get back to NY to tell Jack/Jacques about Luann's indescretion. I Hate Busybodies. It's none of her business, and she needs to just stay out of it.
    I could see Ramona doing that. It seems to be popular for people to become so incensed, offended and self proclaimed judges of morality and unable to tolerate any type of indiscretion when they should probably keep their noses out of it....throwing the first stone and all that....
    I could also see Heather doing it...especially after she expressed her opinion of when Aviva or Ramona or Sonja (unknown since Heather really wasn't part of the conversation but eavesdropped) saying they wondered if Jacques was actually French since his accent was so bad.
    Didn't Heather express that she felt she couldn't stay with that kind of behavior going on?? I think it was her but can't remember exactly.
    And yes, so very juicy!!! and exactly why I watch!

I am not convinced with Luann & Tomas hooking up either. RHW is just becoming a really badly scripted/acted soap opera. I honestly just don't care anymore.

Hand on heart here but I did like Heather this week.
    sparklete likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Some are saying it was all a set up to make her storyline relevant, since the 'wanting to get pregnant' storyline was pretty much a flop. I believe it too. She is way too smart to bring a guy back to her room where they are filming (and with friends like hers) if she really wanted to have an affair. Also, someone said her French was spoken very slowly so it could be easy for someone to interpret. I think Luann is desperate to stay on the show and is throwing things up to see what sticks. She and Jacques were just on vacation as happy as could be.
    A possibility. But the look on Heather's face when she was being interviewed was that something unsavory was going on. And gossiping Jill did say Luanne was a big cheat.

Me thinks Ramona might be showing off a new boob job, be trying to create drama (like Paris Hilton) to stay on the show, or she has screws loose not thinking how jnsavory her going topless in front of a married man would be. I understand aviva totally for telling her off.
    Punkin likes this.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I appreciate the suggestions on why the women expose themself the way they do on this show. If it were just them hanging out and having fun, that's one thing. But, it's exposing them being horrid, fake, petty, drunk, and worse. I don't see how that benefits anyone, unless you are desperate for money. I get that. If you are facing a foreclosure, bankruptcy, high medical bills, no fund for college, etc., then I get how you may do what you have to do, but short of that, I'm confused.

I'm not sure how this exposure would help grow their businesses, since other business people would steer clear of them as they seem either clueless or nasty. It worked for Bethenny, so perhaps they think that is the magic ticket. Perhaps these ladies are not as financially secure as they lead us to believe.
    The best way I can explain this is that different people look at the world differently. Some people actually think stuff like that makes them look good. Doesn't make sense to me, but I have seen it in real life so many times. People acting absolutely horrid and then basically justifying why they did it - because they were disrespected or something. So I would never do it, and I don't understand it, but there are others out there who actually think this is the right way to act. And unfortunately, there are still others viewing who agree with them. Scary, I know.
    Punkin and OceanView like this.

I would love to be able to understand the message Ramona is sending to her daughter Avery. It is okay to get drunk & topless on vacation as long as you are getting paid??? SMH
    Punkin, sparklete and OceanView like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Much like the NJ dregs of the earth, these women will do about anything to stay relevant on Bravo. Countass would nail a toad if she thought it'd get her camera time. Ramona would roll naked in the mud if they'd film it, Sonja would flash her bare cellulite-littered rump if she could get air time (oh she already did that). They're all a bunch of narcissistic wannabee loonies IMHO. And that's why I watch - to see how they'll demean themselves next.
    Punkin, Jexter, Lizard and 1 others like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    A possibility. But the look on Heather's face when she was being interviewed was that something unsavory was going on. And gossiping Jill did say Luanne was a big cheat.

Me thinks Ramona might be showing off a new boob job, be trying to create drama (like Paris Hilton) to stay on the show, or she has screws loose not thinking how jnsavory her going topless in front of a married man would be. I understand aviva totally for telling her off.
    They say every time you drink you lose brain cells.... Ramona is a perfect example. So is Sonja. I hate drunks. But yet I watch.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I am not convinced with Luann & Tomas hooking up either. RHW is just becoming a really badly scripted/acted soap opera. I honestly just don't care anymore.

Hand on heart here but I did like Heather this week.
    .....besides, Tomas could do so much better!
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.

Remember when Ramona wouldn't go to, much less appear in, the Countess' music video, because she had to be a role model for Avery? She couldn't do anything that Avery wouldn't approve of, or feel comfortable with?

What happened to all that?
    Punkin, prhoshay, Jexter and 3 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread