+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I may have to tune in. I think this kind of thing might be a really good fit for Alex.
    Be warned though. lol I enjoyed her video at first, but now remember some of the things about her that is so annoying.... not only her voice.... but the way she speaks.... the way her mouth moves.... her facial expressions. ETC. lol And she needs to have her cue cards in front of her so she stops looking up or to the side..... very distracting.

I had not seen the whole show with Luanne's band. I was really having a bad day. And that came on. Made me almost spit my drink...such a laugh....just what I needed
    You can do it!

I was reading about this episode on another site and enjoying Carole's blog, which included 2 pictures of Carole...one long ago with her husband at St B's...just a casual snapshot, with a topless woman in the background....and the other was a photo of Carole as she looks today.
    I was so disappointed to realize that those are enhanced lips now. I had secretly felt sorry for her because I found her lips to be odd and seemed to draw attention to her overbite but you can't help flaws you're born with.

Then to see normal lips on her years ago was a letdown...which I think were more attractive and suited her face.
    I think I had thought of Carole as more "saint-like." Probably shouldn't have assumed and no, having your lips enhanced doesn't make you less "Saintly." Am being facetious here.
    I just thought she was more down to earth and less into the shallow plastic like her co-housewives.
    To each his own but I was disappointed.

FORT Regular

How stupid of LuAnn to think she can bring the Johnny Depp look-alike home on national TV, hook up (and therefore cheat on Jacques) make up a story about hanging out with her long-time "Italian" friends, and get away with it on national TV. Wow.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

LuAnn probably figured the cameras weren't around anymore, so it was safe. And she was kind of right - the cameras didn't catch anything to show what she was doing. She just didn't count on the other women jumping on it to gossip about it so quickly.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find Ramona so intolerable that I can hardly stand it. Now, she can't wait to get back to NY to tell Jack/Jacques about Luann's indescretion. I Hate Busybodies. It's none of her business, and she needs to just stay out of it.

I am definitely no fan of Luann's, but I would like to see Luann put Ramona in a headlock and give her about 20 nuggies!!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-28-2012 at 01:18 PM.
    Punkin, GabbyG and sparklete like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Man, I can hardly wait for next week! This is going to be so juicy.

I like the fun time the ladies were having at the club. I saw some pretty good moves too! It takes me back.

Did you catch what Sonja said about Clooney doing Carol for a year! I didn't know that! Hmmmm.....

I found Heather to be very personable last night. That's shocking. And I thought Ramona looked pretty darn good in her bikini. I know it's been discussed here quite a bit, but I didn't think it looked wildly inappropriate. She looked really nice, IMO.
    Moontat likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree that Ramona looked good in her bikini. It was a vast improvement from that suit she had on in Florida. That suit just did not flatter her, at all. Goes to show that the right suit can make all of the difference in the world.
    Lizard likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    How stupid of LuAnn to think she can bring the Johnny Depp look-alike home on national TV, hook up (and therefore cheat on Jacques) make up a story about hanging out with her long-time "Italian" friends, and get away with it on national TV. Wow.
    Some are saying it was all a set up to make her storyline relevant, since the 'wanting to get pregnant' storyline was pretty much a flop. I believe it too. She is way too smart to bring a guy back to her room where they are filming (and with friends like hers) if she really wanted to have an affair. Also, someone said her French was spoken very slowly so it could be easy for someone to interpret. I think Luann is desperate to stay on the show and is throwing things up to see what sticks. She and Jacques were just on vacation as happy as could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did you catch what Sonja said about Clooney doing Carol for a year! I didn't know that! Hmmmm.....
    All I could think was, dang what's her secret? First off, her husband was gorgeous ... and a prince. Her best friend was John F. Kennedy Jr. and then she dates Clooney on top of all that? I shouldn't be jealous -- her life had a lot of tragedy. But we're talking George Clooney. Perhaps she's a guy's ideal woman: pretty but not so stunning that they feel insecure; smart but not intimidating; emotionally available yet slightly mysterious; classy yet down to earth. Note to self: start being that way.
    Punkin likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread