+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2467Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

  1. #2871
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    423

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I thought Alex's point was that the doctor's office scene and the spinning class weren't even on the same day and the timelines didn't match up. She vouched for Sonja's love of her dog and pointed out Ramona's excuse was that she was at the dermatologist, not the plastic surgeon, which is where Sonja and Ramona were on the show. Her take-away was that the plastic surgeon scenes were cut against the spinning class to give the illusion that they were the same day, but they weren't. And Alex pointed out that Heather said the spinning class was the day after the previous cocktail party where all 6 women were and the producers would not be interested in helping all 6 get together again that quickly, leaving that task to Aviva to horse-trade screen time with the other women, which she apparently is not to savvy at yet. I find Alex's takes very interesting and wish they were longer than ~5 minutes.
    Oh wow.... I got that messed up then. Not that I don't believe you, but I've got to listen to her again. lol

  2. #2872
    FORT Fogey Prism's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,676

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    I don't remember seeing a post about this ~ Lynn N Chicago, a prolific writer about the RH, died recently. I remember reading her blog when she uncovered stupid things jillzarin said and did; the blog was good, much read among RH fans, and I always wondered how she got so much inside info. I'll miss her!
    Blogger Lynn ‘N Chicago’ Hudson Dies From A Heart Attack | Reality Wives
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

    Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

  3. #2873
    FORT Fogey candor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    3,206

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    ...leaving that task to Aviva to horse-trade screen time with the other women, which she apparently is not to savvy at yet.
    OMG, is Alex using this as a metaphor or did you get the impression that the women literally negotiate with each other for screen time? If so, it sounds like they learned from jillzarin how to manipulate the process.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

  4. #2874
    Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,978

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    OMG, is Alex using this as a metaphor or did you get the impression that the women literally negotiate with each other for screen time? If so, it sounds like they learned from jillzarin how to manipulate the process.
    Within the context of Aviva's spinning class, Alex said that even though the charity event was important for Aviva, in all likelihood it was not something the producers wanted to force all 6 cast members into, since they'd just shot the party the night before--a few members of the cast would be sufficient for the charity event. Alex said that if Aviva wanted more of the ladies to be there, she should call them and say if they come and shoot with her in her spinning class, she'd show up to shoot for something the other members wanted. The way it sounded to me was that this practice is just how it's done on "reality" television. I do not think she's BSing, I just don't think Bravo wants us to know that and maybe limit this to JillZarinofZarinFabrics. Alex video commentaries (not recaps) are on rumorfix every Tuesday after the show airs and Alex is far more likable on those than she was on RHONY.

  5. #2875
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,089

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Within the context of Aviva's spinning class, Alex said that even though the charity event was important for Aviva, in all likelihood it was not something the producers wanted to force all 6 cast members into, since they'd just shot the party the night before--a few members of the cast would be sufficient for the charity event. Alex said that if Aviva wanted more of the ladies to be there, she should call them and say if they come and shoot with her in her spinning class, she'd show up to shoot for something the other members wanted. The way it sounded to me was that this practice is just how it's done on "reality" television. I do not think she's BSing, I just don't think Bravo wants us to know that and maybe limit this to JillZarinofZarinFabrics. Alex video commentaries (not recaps) are on rumorfix every Tuesday after the show airs and Alex is far more likable on those than she was on RHONY.
    I may have to tune in. I think this kind of thing might be a really good fit for Alex.

  6. #2876
    FORT Fan cavendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    338

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    I got the impression the women negotiate with one another over who comes to what events, not over screen time. Alex was saying (I thought) that if you wanted someone to come to your event, you sometimes had to go to one of their events, even if you didn't particularly want to.

  7. #2877
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    I think the point of Aviva expecting every single one of the women to attend her charity event was way OTT. People have lives and can't always do everything they want to do.
    I liked how Ramona handled it (which is remarkable in itself!) by apologizing and donating a check to Aviva...I can understand how Sonja wouldn't have been able to donate...I don't think their much $$ in her back account.
    Very sorry to hear about lynn N chicago's death...way too young.
    And how silly what Bravo is doing about Aviva's dire dread of flying in a small plane to the island...if it's true as Alex says that there's a ferry as an alternate way.
    That's Bravo's manipulation at it's best!

  8. #2878
    FORT Fogey Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,840

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Thank you Prism for telling us. Over the years I have popped in here sometimes more times than others. So I do not know her specificly. But what a beautiful face she has. She looks like a beautiful soul. RIP Lynn
    You can do it!

  9. #2879
    FORT Fogey livin4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence KS
    Posts
    2,587

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    I don't remember seeing a post about this ~ Lynn N Chicago, a prolific writer about the RH, died recently. I remember reading her blog when she uncovered stupid things jillzarin said and did; the blog was good, much read among RH fans, and I always wondered how she got so much inside info. I'll miss her!
    Blogger Lynn ‘N Chicago’ Hudson Dies From A Heart Attack | Reality Wives

    Oh wow, that is sad news. I seem to remember she was young, or maybe I just got that impression somewhere? RIP Lynn.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

    Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

  10. #2880
    FORT Fogey GabbyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,160

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Lynn died on her 49th birthday, which just makes it doubly sad for her family, I think. She leaves a son, but I don't know if he is young or in his teens.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.