+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2517Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

  1. #2861
    I'm Just Sayin' mayamaisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    289

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think last night was the night I finally have to step off the Aviva bus. I've liked the way she carried herself all season, but last night they showed how she can really push things too far. First she did it with Heather. After everyone had diffused the situation at the party, she had to keep it going insisting on pushing her point with Heather until Heather was willing to give in completely. Then with the charity event, she just would not let it go. If LuAnn showed up not even realizing that it was a charity event, then clearly Aviva did not take the steps normally taken for such an event to explain the charity on invites, make it clear to participants what they can do to help raise money, etc. So if LuAnn didn't know it, then it is understandable that Ramona and Sonya didn't realize how important it was to her. For her to bring it up at the lunch was slightly rude, but to keep pushing it and pushing it was over the top.
    I think Aviva is really angry because she is missing a leg and btw who made her HMIC (Head Mama in Charge)
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

  2. #2862
    FORT Fogey Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,863

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I had to ff through some of last night. Too annoying. You know what it reminds me of? Professional wrestling. The personalities are characters and they play a role. They have staged fights and get everybody excited. Fans root for their favorite. It's almost just like it. The fights are staged, but sometimes people really do get hurt. True with both.

    Still, I keep trying to figure out what is it that makes these women want to do this on tv for the world to see. I can't figure it out. The money they pay may be needed for one or two of these ladies, but the others don't need it. And my goodness, how desperate for money must you be to do what these women do on televsion. ??????? I hope one day I will get a straight answer from them.
    I guess the glamour factor and the money for a normal person. A lot of these people are not normal and want to be the center of attention.

    A few of the ladies need money just like a few of us need money. So I guess it is a blessing for them. Like Sonja...this is a blessing for Sonja. And she really is not into attacking people.

    If someone paid me to go to lunch or a party, I would consider doing it.
    You can do it!

  3. #2863
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,318

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    I'd hate to be on a reality show. I'm just very a private person, and I think....no, I know I would resent strangers feeling like they could just approach me and talk to me like we're friends, at any given moment. I wouldn't mind getting that money, but I don't think the tradeoff would be worth it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  4. #2864
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'd hate to be on a reality show. I'm just very a private person, and I think....no, I know I would resent strangers feeling like they could just approach me and talk to me like we're friends, at any given moment. I wouldn't mind getting that money, but I don't think the tradeoff would be worth it.
    I am with you on this. No amount of money is worth losing my privacy, diginity, pride & my self worth. I have had my closest friends for 25-30 years & not once did we ever fight, talk behind one another's back or scream at each other. We are all grown, professional women & conduct ourselves in that fashion.
    candor, Debb70 and OceanView like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

  5. #2865
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I just had to put my 12 year old dog to sleep (such a weird thing to type) on Monday, and I can kind of understand SonJa, but she is a bit over the top. I think if it had been a party, she'd have been right there with Aviva.
    I have 2 cats & know I could not even imagine putting any of them down and then going to a spinning class. I raised those cats from 3 weeks of age and they are like my children.
    Ramona did give Aviva a generous donation. If Ramona was having a I guess skin issue, going to a spinning class which would mean sweating would only make the skin issue worse.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

  6. #2866
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,321

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    I appreciate the suggestions on why the women expose themself the way they do on this show. If it were just them hanging out and having fun, that's one thing. But, it's exposing them being horrid, fake, petty, drunk, and worse. I don't see how that benefits anyone, unless you are desperate for money. I get that. If you are facing a foreclosure, bankruptcy, high medical bills, no fund for college, etc., then I get how you may do what you have to do, but short of that, I'm confused.

    I'm not sure how this exposure would help grow their businesses, since other business people would steer clear of them as they seem either clueless or nasty. It worked for Bethenny, so perhaps they think that is the magic ticket. Perhaps these ladies are not as financially secure as they lead us to believe.

  7. #2867
    FORT Fogey candor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    3,219

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I am with you on this. No amount of money is worth losing my privacy, diginity, pride & my self worth. I have had my closest friends for 25-30 years & not once did we ever fight, talk behind one another's back or scream at each other. We are all grown, professional women & conduct ourselves in that fashion.
    I know. I've never fought with my friends like these women fight with each other. Really mean stuff.
    OceanView likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

  8. #2868
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    423

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I have 2 cats & know I could not even imagine putting any of them down and then going to a spinning class. I raised those cats from 3 weeks of age and they are like my children.
    Ramona did give Aviva a generous donation. If Ramona was having a I guess skin issue, going to a spinning class which would mean sweating would only make the skin issue worse.
    I watched Alex's video recap of the show and she noticed that the time Sonja and Ramona were at Ramona's doctor's office was AFTER the spinning charity event... because she happened to notice the time in the room as well. Busted! Also, she brought up another good point, Sonja left her dog to be with Ramona at the doctor's office. Busted!

  9. #2869
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    423

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think last night was the night I finally have to step off the Aviva bus. I've liked the way she carried herself all season, but last night they showed how she can really push things too far. First she did it with Heather. After everyone had diffused the situation at the party, she had to keep it going insisting on pushing her point with Heather until Heather was willing to give in completely. Then with the charity event, she just would not let it go. If LuAnn showed up not even realizing that it was a charity event, then clearly Aviva did not take the steps normally taken for such an event to explain the charity on invites, make it clear to participants what they can do to help raise money, etc. So if LuAnn didn't know it, then it is understandable that Ramona and Sonya didn't realize how important it was to her. For her to bring it up at the lunch was slightly rude, but to keep pushing it and pushing it was over the top.
    I have to agree. As much as I liked her from the beginning, then started making excuses for her poor behavior lately, after last night's show I've had it with her. UNTIL this morning..... when I watched a video of a deleted scene from the show where she and Carole were having a private conversation and she told Carole that her mother was an alcoholic... and had been for 10 years plus.... and that was even the cause of her death. It was very sad. She grew up being angry at her mother for being one.... but yet she thinks her mother started drinking to begin with over the guilt of her having her leg amputated. As if it was her fault as a parent for not being able to prevent it. Carole told her that maybe that was partly the cause of her anxiety problems as well. It sure could be. It was all very sad. She said that is one reason she never drinks to excess. And alluded to the fact it's hard to tolerate watching Ramona and Sonja get wasted all the time. (I'm paraphrasing here) So now I'm back to feeling sorry for Aviva.... and so glad she has a kind and loving husband.

  10. #2870
    Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,978

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    I watched Alex's video recap of the show and she noticed that the time Sonja and Ramona were at Ramona's doctor's office was AFTER the spinning charity event... because she happened to notice the time in the room as well. Busted! Also, she brought up another good point, Sonja left her dog to be with Ramona at the doctor's office. Busted!
    I thought Alex's point was that the doctor's office scene and the spinning class weren't even on the same day and the timelines didn't match up. She vouched for Sonja's love of her dog and pointed out Ramona's excuse was that she was at the dermatologist, not the plastic surgeon, which is where Sonja and Ramona were on the show. Her take-away was that the plastic surgeon scenes were cut against the spinning class to give the illusion that they were the same day, but they weren't. And Alex pointed out that Heather said the spinning class was the day after the previous cocktail party where all 6 women were and the producers would not be interested in helping all 6 get together again that quickly, leaving that task to Aviva to horse-trade screen time with the other women, which she apparently is not to savvy at yet. I find Alex's takes very interesting and wish they were longer than ~5 minutes.
    Moontat likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.