+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2625Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

while i thought heather was being a bit extra, i did understand where she was coming from. it is insanely rude to talk abt someone like that the minute they leave the group. it was catty, uncalled for and typical of ramona.

and i think heather was clear on WHO made the specific comment, but the whole group sat there and giggled like it was cute.

i don't think heather was out of line at all by telling mario his wife is crazy. that woman has a problem. her reaction/behavior was TOTALLY crazy and inappropriate. i can't stand people who think that anytime you talk about something they were involved in means you are talking ABOUT them. there's a hugre difference. and really, i am sure ramona's reaction would have been even CRAZIER if heather had come to her first.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post

Heather, honestly, ever time she talks I just want to tell her to shut the f**k up. "It really hurts me to hear you say that Jacques isn't even French" oh give me a break it was a ridiculous thing to say but it didn't personally hurt you. Also Ramona said it not Aviva. And Heather was completely out of line to say to Mario that his wife is crazy. The whole thing was just ridiculous.

i totally agree with this post.

while i find heather to be a little annoying in her enthusiasm and "hip" speak, i don't think she's a mean or malicious person like the rest of those trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    Heather's ideas about how she was going to come across certainly have turned out to be delusional, based on reading the posts here. I guess Heather's Cheshire cat smile doesn't exactly endear her to others. It does sort of look menacing at times.

That said, I think Sonja's attitude about the "business" advice Heather offered was that she, Sonja, was the glitzy maven of New York society partydom, who would waltz in and tell a bunch of sycophants (Heather and her design staff) what she needed and how she liked it. Apparently, she hadn't realized that she had to deal in an adult businesswoman to businesswoman way. In the first meeting, she wasn't clear about her point of view, she hemmed and hawed and muttered and grumbled-- but she didn't simply tell Heather and the design guy what she had in mind. If she wanted a cutesy logo sort of like Bethenny's with a woman somewhere in the design, she could have stated that directly, rather than hinting and sighing loudly when they didn't seem to give way. She acted more like a pouty adolescent than a person who had a product to promote. However, Heather could certainly could have been the bigger person, when she realized that Sonja wasn't comfortable, and that she wasn't satisfied with their approach--even if it was better. It didn't take a genius to see that Sonja didn't like the restrained, high-class branding they offered- but wanted something more down-to-earth and user-friendly. As a friend, Heather should have been receptive, and also willing to accommodate, even if it wasn't her preference. She gave lip-service to that, but did nothing that helped Sonja work out Sonja's concept.

Despite that --compared to the others, I find her kind of well-intentioned, thoughtful and considerate. I find myself disliking all of them more and more. I initially didn't like Carole, and she still bothers me, if only because she seems to have been endowed with so many advantages-- that, especially given her "above it all" attitude-- I find myself kind of envying her. But of all of them I find her and Heather the least underhanded and malicious. Aviva on the other hand-- I thought I would like-- but how petty and spiteful she's become! Why can't she leave the whole Jacques/wine-tasting thing alone? First of all, it's Ramona's bone to pick, and I've never noticed Ramona being shy on her own behalf. So drop it, Aviva! Whatever Lulu's intentions-- and I doubt even she knows what they were-- it's not your problem, and it's water under the bridge. From the beginning, she showed this tendency, but it wasn't such a big deal. Now it seems as if she's become like this trouble maker on behalf of the overdog-- Ramona. Heather and Lulu have certainly done nothing to her. So why the animus?
    GabbyG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    i don't think heather was out of line at all by telling mario his wife is crazy. that woman has a problem. her reaction/behavior was TOTALLY crazy and inappropriate.
    I don't understand why Aviva, and Carole for that matter, find Ramona so amusing. I couldn't be around that shrieking psycho for five minutes. She has the self-control of a toddler. Heather is the only one calls her out on her inappropriate behavior, yet Heather ends up looking like the unreasonable one.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

Last edited by Jexter; 08-17-2012 at 10:40 PM.
    Lizard likes this.

OMG.
    THese women have all had tons of work done.

And, sorry to say this, but it's obvious that Heather Dubrow is a lot less than 98% real!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I don't think Heather is underhanded. I just think she's not very nice and pretty self-absorbed and that she has no real sense of herself. I also think she's a phony.

I could not agree with you more
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Mean women for sure -other than countass- but none so mean as jillzarin, who is hoping they're all miserable:

Jill Zarin News - Ousted Housewife Jill Zarin Says Some of 'New York's' Castmembers Are 'Miserable' on Show (EXCLUSIVE) - Celebuzz
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

These women are a complete mess...no doubt about it.

Carole seems to be the most "together" and least crazy...having read her book, I don't think the Princess title means anything to her. She does push the "writer" title a lot more and I perceive that to be her way of showing herself as someone who has a good career that she really likes and someone of substance. She pretty much came from very low common roots and it's possible she feels a little uncomfortable with these pompous self centered so-called socialites. I think there's a real person inside her.

Aviva seems to be a kind loving family person...who just happens to have a whole lot of money. But she is a jumble of insecurities, needy-ness, and phobias. When she brought up the Ramona/wine tasting incident, I almost got the feeling she just wanted to be like the others...and it didn't "fit."

It's very apparent to everybody what Luann and Jacques did to Ramona....there's no other explanation. Period. And it was all Luann's little scheme...Jacq is either whipped or has a little evil streak himself. Each Housewife should acknowledge to themselves the behavior of the others, stop bringing it up, learn from it and file it away because some day each will be the target of some dirty little trick.

I think Sonja has gone off the deep end because she's become extremely desperate and worried...everything she has become accustomed to and that she loves, hangs in the balance and it's not looking good at all and she's truly terrified. To me, that's why she's so loopy all the time and totally inappropriate everyday. She's a drowning person, going down for the third time.

Heather is self centered/self involved/phoney to the extent that she barely sees anyone or anything as it really is. She almost looks right thru people because she really doesn't want to "see" them...it's mostly about how others are seeing her. It's soo very important that she is seen as this perfect, accomplished wife, mother and business person. She will never be a person who lives in the moment or really interested in another.

Ramona is strictly looney tunes, mostly tipsy at all times, uppity, and a know-it-all who knows very little. She has changed so much during the run of this show.

Luann, like the rest, is totally self involved, even when it comes to the worst sin (IMO) of them all, being a neglectful mother in order to meet her own selfish needs and the biggest phony of them all.
    And throw in an evil streak.

Not sure why I find myself writing all this tonight but I'm up late, not able to sleep and having fun playing Dr. Freud to these pathetic creatures.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 08-19-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

This evening I spent trying to reconcile my checking account with bank statements and then sat down with RHONY. I don't know what gave me the bigger head-ache! I get that Aviva is pro-kids with missing limbs. Coincidentally, so am I as, my god-daughter is missing part of her arm. However, the right reaction to someone missing a charity event is NOT to scream in their faces, but to talk it up like they missed the event of the century. Flies, honey...what is she missing? Oh, yeah, that Bravo producer in her ear was buzzing.

A few other things...the Aviva/Carole jewelry shopping trip was cut up so much--watch when Carole has the long necklace on and when she doesn't. I don't really know if Ramona and SonJa went to the derm the same day as Aviva's charity event; I actually seriously doubt that was the case, as it seems "too" convenient. Lu & Ramona shopping for swim gear was SUCH a set piece, but I kind of do want them to get along so some of the old guard can stay around. The little boy who got his running legs was just precious and I felt bad for him being on the show, but his parents and sister beamed with pride, so that was nice. And finally, the less of Heather I see, the better. I really would rather if they want a Spanx wannabe, get Jill and her crazy act back because at least there was some real resonance with her fights with Ramona, not this superficial Bravotastic BS. Heather's only there to fight, with Ramona, with SonJa, and now with Aviva.

FORT Fogey

I've been a Ramona and Sonja supporter for a long time, but I do think it was disrespectful of them not to show up at Aviva's event.

In their defense, I'm not sure they understood how much Aviva had taken to them and how much their presence would mean to her. I think they were thinking they are castmates rather than friends and that not showing up wouldn't even be noticed much.

In Aviva's defense, who the hell cares? It's a good cause that meant alot to their castmate. The dog was not at death's doorstep and Ramona should have let her ego go and shown up red face and all (or better yet, do as Aviva suggested and schedule the appointment for another day).

Ramona and Sonja didn't understand the importance of their place in Aviva's world, but they should have gone - even if it was to support who they might consider to be merely a new castmate.

I like Aviva. She's a good one for causing drama - but interesting drama. Carole is a good one to balance things out. Heather needs to get a storyline beyond Ramona.
    Last edited by Jexter; 08-21-2012 at 04:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread