+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2183Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I gave it a try!

I thought with Jill and Kelli gone the show might again be worth watching. I was wrong? It's impossible for me to get past Ramona's delusions. (Apparently, I'm in good company. It looks like Avery is still mortified by her mother's actions.)

Oh well, being down to just the RHONJ has freed up time for some international versions of Big Brother.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What normal teen isn't mortified by their mothers? Goes for sons as well as daughters!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I can't believe that Sonja was going on about her heavy periods and needing to change her tampon. Did she really have that guy go into the bathroom with her when she went to take care of her business?? And she was doing the "gap-legged squat walk" up the hall toward the bathroom. This all came in on the disgusting scale of 100.

If she is having that much trouble with her middle-aged periods, she should get to the doctor and find out why. Maybe fibroids?

Gross.
    Now we all know Sonja has the uterus of a 20 year old. She, Ramona and our dear countess are going through menopause. The heavy bleeding..yep menopause...Ramona's temper...menopause. Luann my be trying to kid herself but this past episode, don't remember which party, but she had the unmistakable flush of having a hotflash.
    Am I the only person who did not think those magazine covers of Ramona were Ramona??? The one of her looking "young" I thought was Avery or else a picture of her 25 years ago not recent. The other...I honesty though it was Sonja.
    If this is how classy, upper class women living in the upper east side act, I will stay safley in the middle class & drink wine coolers.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Air-brushing can make everybody and anybody look like somebody else.

I think that young picture of Ramona was just that.....a young Ramona, and was not meant to look like middle aged Ramona. I'm pretty sure it had it's share of air-brushing, too. Surprising to see how much Avery actually looks like her mother. She'll probably age like her mother, too.

Cracked me up when Meryl Streep said, upon seeing a picture of bug-eyed, eyes-popped Ramona, that it looked like "somebody's contacts were too tight"!!!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

While I tend to find Carole kind of annoying, I actually liked her this episode. I'm with her, if I were having friends over for lunch and I was going to order a pizza, I'd wait to see what kind of pizza everyone wanted! That being said, I would probably have let them know ahead of time we'd be having pizza. I also thought at the lunch they were all very supportive of Aviva in their own way. It was nice to see, actually. Sonja, if you can get her to focus in, actually gives very good advice.

With Heather and Sonja and the marketing campaign I think they're both in the wrong. Of course on that day Sonja should have shown up on time. Once she got there she was hectic and flighty and a little bizarre. I'm starting to think maybe she has some serious anxiety issues that make her that way. But Heather, dear Lord. It's obvious that Sonja went into this thinking Heather was going to help her, they were going to collaborate, and Heather was going to hear Sonja's ideas and help her figure out how to make it happen. It's equally obvious that Heather either thinks she's sweeping in to save Sonja, or wants it to be perceived that way. She was obviously hoping to be seen as the savvy businesswoman and I just really think that is not panning out for her. I see right through it. She's trying way too hard to be young with all the "hey baby girl" "holla" business which is just gross at her age. Sonja is not your "baby girl" she is a grown woman. I think Heather thought she was going to be Bethenny.

Where to even start with Ramona's party? Honestly, I hadn't even considered the possible ramifications for Ramona's business if she had said she didn't like her wine on national television. If she got the notes wrong it would be less worrisome, actually. But Heather did say she didn't care for it and Ramona said it needed something, right? Luann's reasoning that she thought it would be nice for Jacques the "wine master" to "feature" Ramona's wine is a lot of bs, honestly. He never said good things about the wine, he never honored it. However, in her defense, I do remember Luann attempting to unveil it after Heather had gone, before Ramona and Jacques saying no. Jacques' reaction was absurd, as well - walking away and playing the piano? Spare me.

Heather, honestly, ever time she talks I just want to tell her to shut the f**k up. "It really hurts me to hear you say that Jacques isn't even French" oh give me a break it was a ridiculous thing to say but it didn't personally hurt you. Also Ramona said it not Aviva. And Heather was completely out of line to say to Mario that his wife is crazy. The whole thing was just ridiculous.
    Coco46 likes this.

Heather's ideas about how she was going to come across certainly have turned out to be delusional, based on reading the posts here. I guess Heather's Cheshire cat smile doesn't exactly endear her to others. It does sort of look menacing at times.

That said, I think Sonja's attitude about the "business" advice Heather offered was that she, Sonja, was the glitzy maven of New York society partydom, who would waltz in and tell a bunch of sycophants (Heather and her design staff) what she needed and how she liked it. Apparently, she hadn't realized that she had to deal in an adult businesswoman to businesswoman way. In the first meeting, she wasn't clear about her point of view, she hemmed and hawed and muttered and grumbled-- but she didn't simply tell Heather and the design guy what she had in mind. If she wanted a cutesy logo sort of like Bethenny's with a woman somewhere in the design, she could have stated that directly, rather than hinting and sighing loudly when they didn't seem to give way. She acted more like a pouty adolescent than a person who had a product to promote. However, Heather could certainly could have been the bigger person, when she realized that Sonja wasn't comfortable, and that she wasn't satisfied with their approach--even if it was better. It didn't take a genius to see that Sonja didn't like the restrained, high-class branding they offered- but wanted something more down-to-earth and user-friendly. As a friend, Heather should have been receptive, and also willing to accommodate, even if it wasn't her preference. She gave lip-service to that, but did nothing that helped Sonja work out Sonja's concept.

Despite that --compared to the others, I find her kind of well-intentioned, thoughtful and considerate. I find myself disliking all of them more and more. I initially didn't like Carole, and she still bothers me, if only because she seems to have been endowed with so many advantages-- that, especially given her "above it all" attitude-- I find myself kind of envying her. But of all of them I find her and Heather the least underhanded and malicious. Aviva on the other hand-- I thought I would like-- but how petty and spiteful she's become! Why can't she leave the whole Jacques/wine-tasting thing alone? First of all, it's Ramona's bone to pick, and I've never noticed Ramona being shy on her own behalf. So drop it, Aviva! Whatever Lulu's intentions-- and I doubt even she knows what they were-- it's not your problem, and it's water under the bridge. From the beginning, she showed this tendency, but it wasn't such a big deal. Now it seems as if she's become like this trouble maker on behalf of the overdog-- Ramona. Heather and Lulu have certainly done nothing to her. So why the animus?
    buttahfly likes this.

I still like Heather and SonJa keeps going further and further down on my likeable list. I worked in business for 33 year and believe me if someone had shown up an hour late and unprepared for a meeting I had put together that was supposed to benefit the other person, they (SonJa) would have found an empty building when they finally arrived. Heather didn't have to help her (unless Bravo is making her) and Heather is not getting any benefit from SonJa's toaster oven.

FORT Fogey

I don't think Heather is underhanded. I just think she's not very nice and pretty self-absorbed and that she has no real sense of herself. I also think she's a phony.

Of all of them I'd say I think Aviva is the kindest and most normal. She's the one I'd want to spend the most time with. That being said I don't think we're seeing the real Carole. I think she's trying very hard to portray herself as a writer in everything she does, in her manner of speaking and thinking. It's unnecessary to say the least.
    norealityhere and OceanView like this.

I can't wait until next week and seeing Aviva give it to Ramona and Sonja for missing her charity.
    My sense is that Aviva is someone who does try to stick up for whomever she perceives as the under dog in a given situation. I think she simply thought that Ramona was the under dog in the wine situation - hence her unflailing devotion to Ramona in this situation.
    The comment about Carole upthread is quite insightful. I do think, though, that she took her title to heart a bit too much. I find her and her comments overly pretentious.
    The whole menstruation theme wiyth Sonja this week is just like the one last season with Ramona. These middle aged hags are just desperate to have us all know how sexually desirable they still are, as evidenced by the fact that they're still menstruating. Spare us all, please.
    livin4reality likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

that scene was absolutely disgusting.

all i'm really getting from this season is that i can't stand ramona. like really really really can't stand her.

i am beginning not to care much for aviva either.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I can't believe that Sonja was going on about her heavy periods and needing to change her tampon. Did she really have that guy go into the bathroom with her when she went to take care of her business?? And she was doing the "gap-legged squat walk" up the hall toward the bathroom. This all came in on the disgusting scale of 100.

If she is having that much trouble with her middle-aged periods, she should get to the doctor and find out why. Maybe fibroids?

Gross.

+ Reply to Thread