+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2467Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Did I miss an explanation for that giant bruise on Sonja's shoulder? Why wear a sleeveless dress while sporting such a bruise, not only to the shoot but to the Ramona party?

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I STILL DO NOT LIKE HEATHER AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RAMONA!!! I wouldn't buy Yummie Tummie because of her, not that I need shapewear.
    I'd buy Skweez Couture by Jill ZarinofZarinFabrics before I bought Yummie Tummie.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I'm a lawyer and I can tell you, it IS TRUE that when you help someone out for free, you are still held to all the standards that you would be held to if the person was a paying client. I found this out the HARD WAY when I responded to requests for free legal advice!!! And although I actually gave these people the 'right answers' -- they sued me because their situation didn't work out - for totally unrelated reasons. It was a nightmare!! Don't ask!!! PS, they finally dropped the suit when they came to their senses, but they put me through 2 years of hell that cost me a lot of money, and worry, and aggravation!

Unlike lawyers, doctors who help patients for free (after an accident, for example), are called Good Samaritans, and most states have "Good Samaritan laws" in place so that if the doctor does something the "patient" doesn't like, he/she cannot be sued for it. There's no such protection in place for lawyers who help people out for free --
    I'm an attorney too and I do sympathize with you. For some reason when you are an attorney, anyone who knows you thinks they are doing you a favor by calling and asking you for free legal advice. I wonder if they knew a banker, would they go to the bank and expect him to give them free money? lol Seriously, it's common with attorneys. My colleagues and I often joke about how "No good deed goes unpunished." It's true.

HW of NYC is my favorite, but last night it was boring IMO. I could not get through the entire episode. I recorded and will watch later. These little issues they have going this season just don't appeal to me. I hope the St. Bart's trip brings some excitment.

The sting of not being invited to Ramona's and Avita's parties probably did have an effect on Heather....see her trying to get along with Ramona now.

I think Aviva might really be aggravated at Luanne for Harry or something else we do not know of. See some misplaced anger.

Carol feels for even the lizard.

Sonja initially buried her feelings about being ignored and somewhat dissed for having her own opinion about her own company by Heather and brand guy.....but then it comes out. It looks like Heather spends her time ignoring everybody. (Glad she must have taken someone's advice in getting good food shots in, or she finally wised up or something.)
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

I think that Aviva holds some negative feelings towards both LuAnn and Sonya for not only having hooked up with her ex-husband, but being so vocal about it. I can see where for Aviva, it would be a little humiliating. Correct or not, it could be taken as "Oh honey, that man has been with every woman in NYC, you were the one who was just naive enough to actually marry him". I think she plays nice with all that talk but it does bother her. I think that LuAnn made clear last week when she was talking to Sonja the real reason that she wants to have a baby with Jacques. She said something about how eventaully, he'd want a child of his own. I think she's fearful that he'll want to be a father, and leave her for a younger woman who can give him one. She wants a baby to hold on to Jacques, which is sad. With Heather, I think my problem with her is that she tries to hold other people to very high standards, but isn't willing to live up to them herself. It's very similar to LuAnn, but comes across in different ways. THat's why she can claim to be so upset that people were talking about Jacques behind his back, but then see absolutely nothing wrong with saying bad things about Ramona to Mario behind Ramona's back.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought it was hilarious when Ramona was looking like an old woman with a glass held up to an ear/wall when Heather and Aviva were talking about a situation that had involved Ramona! She stood at/hid behind Aviva's back, actually leaning in to hear, but she was hidden!! Who does something like that??

I'm convinced that Ramona has some kind of personality disorder. She is nuts!
    Punkin and OceanView like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The practice of getting pregnant to hold on to a man has been going on for I don't even know how long. And it usually doesn't turn out well for anyone. Including the child that was conceived by an agenda. Luann is a grown up. She should know better.
    Punkin, AcookerTV and OceanView like this.

Dr. Phil has been known to say that children should NOT be born with an agenda/job. I totally agree.
    Moontat likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Did SonJa ever thank Heather for all the time, effort and resources she (Heather) put into helping Sonja get her packaging and advertising squared away?

Also, I thought SonJa's ad was kind of sad. Even she looked bored with it.

It reminded me of some old 50's tv show. Or the old idea that the woman is the Queen of the kitchen or something. It was certainly the opposite of sexy and glamorous. And I thought SonJa was marketing this as SonJa in the City- or SonJa can perk up any party and all that. She looked more like Sonja in the suburbs. -- It was like someone doing the dishes after hubby goes to flop on the sofa and watch the game. I could almost hear him yelling "hey--Sonja--bring me a beer and pizza!"
    Punkin likes this.

I can't believe that Sonja was going on about her heavy periods and needing to change her tampon. Did she really have that guy go into the bathroom with her when she went to take care of her business?? And she was doing the "gap-legged squat walk" up the hall toward the bathroom. This all came in on the disgusting scale of 100.

If she is having that much trouble with her middle-aged periods, she should get to the doctor and find out why. Maybe fibroids?

Gross.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I liked that he was supportive of his wive...even thought it might have been that he was posses because of his financial stake in Ramona Pino.

I could see them getting rid of Luanne and keeping Ramona. I do not think Sonja has much going on. So I think they could get rid of SonJa only for that reason.
    As much as I can't stand Ramona, I was happy to see Mario (finally do something!) support and stand up for his wife. Of course Jacques and Luann were trying to trick Ramona and make a fool out of herself (which is easy, but still) and I'm glad he confronted Jacques. It would have been so humiliating and possibly damaging if Ramona had dissed her own wine.

+ Reply to Thread