+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Yeah, Carole's remarks were rather crude. Maybe she thought the countess was trying to one-up her previously-- and this is her long-running form of payback. She talks as if it's common practice to preach down to people that way. If you feel compelled to criticize someone directly, especially on a touchy subject, in front of other people, at least do it graciously, and tactfully.

Luann's outburst was pretty offensive, even if she is Native American. Maybe it's worth saying something-- but not what was said.

Cavendish
    OceanView likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    Yeah, Carole's remarks were rather crude. Maybe she thought the countess was trying to one-up her previously-- and this is her long-running form of payback. She talks as if it's common practice to preach down to people that way. If you feel compelled to criticize someone directly, especially on a touchy subject, in front of other people, at least do it graciously, and tactfully.

Luann's outburst was pretty offensive, even if she is Native American. Maybe it's worth saying something-- but not what was said.

Cavendish
    I'm so sick of Carol and her self appointed role of political correctness/awareness. She's so condescending.
    Uncle David likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Cavendish, you and I are polar opposites regarding Heather and Ramona but I like seeing how we all view people.
    And as for Ramona vs Heather, it's more like saying "which rotten apple is the worst?!!"
    I could do without all of them....thank goodness, we only know them on television.. how horrible if they were in our real lives!
    .....or our parents. Yikes.

I think we could eliminate the "racist" part and we'd still see Luann and Carole behaving badly.
    Luann can call herself whatever she wants to and she still acted very un-countess-like and very classless, even tho she is the authority on both of those things, as she like to remind everybody within hearing distance.
    And just because you think you are defending a minority, it still makes you a know-it-all and out of line to pompously call out someone else's description of themselves. It was obvious to everyone who has any brains at all that Luann was acting like a drunken a$$, trying again to be center of attention. No one needs Carole, or anyone else, to point it out.
    If like she proclaimed that by 3rd grade on, we know better...then we already know better... even without her pointedly telling everyone.
    (sorry...am in a stressed mood tonight and have no time for fools...even though I seem to watch them all the time...again, what is wrong with me?? )
    Prism likes this.

FORT Fogey

I don't know, I think it's good to point out when someone is being racially offensive. I have no tolerance for that sort of thing. Carole definitely didn't handle herself well though. A simple "that makes me uncomfortable" would have sufficed. Although, I probably wouldn't have said anything about her saying "Indians" as opposed to Native Americans. I would have said something about her Scalp Em comments, but she made those in response to Carole questioning her.
    Punkin and GabbyG like this.

Okay call me stupid but I never saw the correalation between a hot guy on the box to a toaster oven and I do marketing & advertising as part of my job. Heck I guess I need to go and find myself a really hot guy to sell kitchen cabinets...NOT!

I am still trying to figure out exactly who Sonja's target market is. People of her "ilk" for lack of a better word, don't cook. If you don't watch RHW you have no clue who Sonja is. Trust me, as a parent of middle America's children, they are not into anything Housewife related.

Now I do cook in my toaster oven; have for years. I just bought a new one when i remodeled my kitchen last summer. It cooks, bakes, grills & is convection. I LOVE IT! I can't see the point of heating up an entire oven to just cook for me especially when it has been so hot this summer.

Who will be Sonja's retailers?

I STILL DO NOT LIKE HEATHER AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RAMONA!!! I wouldn't buy Yummie Tummie because of her, not that I need shapewear.

I just have this sneaking suspicion that BRAVO is going to be parting ways with either Ramona or Luann perhaps both. I really suspect BRAVO wants to get rid of the older castmates & replace them with newer versions i.e. ...cheaper contracts.
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 08-11-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    Punkin and Prism like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

[QUOTE=

I just have this sneaking suspicion that BRAVO is going to be parting ways with either Ramona or Luann perhaps both. I really suspect BRAVO wants to get rid of the older castmates & replace them with newer versions i.e. ...cheaper contracts.[/QUOTE]

Right on - countass is finally being portrayed as a nasty ho, sleeping around including Drescher's ex, slamming American Indians, snickering by Cohen when he talks about her "singing career", pretending she was asked to wear a designer's clothing - free, filthy music at her party, being put down big time by princess Radziwill; prolly Bravo's prepping to dump the faker.

Ramona, the twit, is being aired as her boring and marginal self; bet Bravo has plans for her she doesn't yet know about.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I'm kinda liking Carole's condescending attitute - mainly b/c she directs it at the most pompous castmates. She's getting to the countass big time, making her feel small and uncomfortable; much deserved. Go Carole. But be careful, we'll slam you big time when you direct your pseudosuperiority to someone who doesn't deserve it.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I have thought about the comments made by Luann and Carole and the discussion here. While I don't like rudeness much, I also believe that when someone make a racially charged comment about a group, we should all stand up and call them out. I don't and won't let slurs of any kind be said when I am in the room and not call out the person that makes them. It looked to me like Luann is so insensitive that she doesn't realize she is making slurs. I also loved Carole explanation on her blog, right on point. .
    Punkin likes this.

What did everyone think of Mario's comments to Jacques?!!
    Seems to me like Mario is getting tired of living life in Ramona's shadow!!
    Aviva's husband, Reid, appears to be such a nice, gentle soul. He looked like he was getting ready to crawl under the nearest tablecloth. Seemed like he was saying to himself, "this cannot be happening at Le Cirque!!"
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread