+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    lol, i thought i was the only one who got the beefcake toaster oven box . . . . and like the brand guy said, her market is not "middle america", but their kids. i am assuming you and i are arnd the same age prhoshay . . .

and although the brand guy may be a bit cocky, he clearly knows his stuff. sonja would do well to shut up and listen.

and as always, i can't stand ramona. she is so dang rude!
    I don't care what's on the stupid box. It's still just a stupid toaster oven. I have bigger things to get bent out of shape over.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I can't agree that when a lawyer helps a friend out with legal advice, they become a client. They're a friend whom you're helping out with a little free off the top of your head expert reasoning.

When you pull out all the stops-- and spend time researching and truly advising people on a legal matter, yes-- the standard is the same-- but you hardly expect them to get rude and demanding, and put on airs, about what you OWE them-- after you've done a lot of not-fun work and worrying on their behalf. I thought SonJa's behavior was totally uncalled for.

And anyway, I rather like Heather, as these things go, even if she is a bit holier than thou about her insights and attempts to help people improve themselves. Frankly, it was hilarious when she followed Ramona around at the party trying to make her stand her ground. She's got Ramona spot-in, in that Ramona thinks she can just say whatever, and disappear while the other person is trying to regain their composure, at which point, she's nowhere to be seen, until some time later, when she can deny to their face that she said what she, in fact, said. It was just so amusing to see Heather sticking it to her unlike everyone else-- And obviously Ramona wasn't used to it, so she in desperation, she resorted to further attacks to get away.

Honestly-- the amount of meanness Ramona generates, orchestrates or participates in-- the dinner without Heather, the backstabbing her, behind her back, meanwhile accusing Heather of "talking about me behind my back"-- all of it is just so remarkably obnoxious. So Heather has a smile that she comes over her face when she's uncomfortable-- this is a crime?

Ugh.
    Punkin, candor and GabbyG like this.

Just an addendum to my prior post:

My real feeling is that there's active scapegoating of Heather going on here, that the old-timers feel threatened by the newcomers-- and that Ramona in particular has a nose for who is vulnerable. Clearly, she and SonJa are threatened by anyone who's a successful business woman, and try to marginalize and demote that person off the show. Just as they did with the woman last year. The Rich and Famous society women they have to accept-- like Carol, the Princess (yes, she wrote a book, neither does Luann like that, by the way) and Aviva the Extra Rich, by virtue of that, are able to stay-- but working woman without connections and lots of glamorous friends-- which supposedly Ramona was--except actually successful and professional, unlike her-- has to go-- . And I get the feeling that Ramona most of all who sees these women as rivals-- and as easy prey.

Apparently, on these shows, getting your "enemy" fired from the show, is the ultimate act of power. I think Ramona would be delighted if Heather were asked to go.
    Punkin and sparklete like this.

FORT Regular

I agree with your take on Heather even though I know we are in the minority.
    norealityhere likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    To play Devil's Advocate - you don't need tubes to have kids by IVF (which is how most moms 40+ end up having babies). But I still think this is Bravo scripted drama.
    Good point! I didn't even think about that.

I was watching Olympic coverage and they showed some prior athletes.
    They showed Mary Lou Retton - one of my all time faves. And, I know Ramona would hate it, but that's who Heather's smile reminds me of.
    OceanView likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Cavendish, you and I are polar opposites regarding Heather and Ramona but I like seeing how we all view people.
    And as for Ramona vs Heather, it's more like saying "which rotten apple is the worst?!!"
    I could do without all of them....thank goodness, we only know them on television.. how horrible if they were in our real lives!
    Lizard and mayamaisha like this.

Put some smiling grannies on the toaster box and then maybe I will buy it. LOL
    GabbyG likes this.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    ...have a larger toaster oven that does everything, so when you're living in Grey Gardens, you only need one plug to cook a fabulous meal.
    But will it make corn?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    To play Devil's Advocate - you don't need tubes to have kids by IVF (which is how most moms 40+ end up having babies). But I still think this is Bravo scripted drama.
    Just wanted to respond to this - depending on the treatment, no. I had a tubal after my second child was born via c-section. My doctor has told me I could have another child, but would have to go the IVF route. I have a uterus that could carry the baby, and I am still producing eggs, but because of the tubal I don't have the ability to get pregnant naturally.

+ Reply to Thread