+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    And LuAnne is ridiculous with this wanting to get pregnant story line. It seems like another Bravo script. When confronted she admitted that she wanted a baby to "keep Jacques around." But when she talks of the baby there is no real genuine emotion there, its like she's reading off the telepromter.
    Well I read today that her mother has come out in an interview saying her daughter had her tubes tied after her last child. Plot thickens.....
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I only saw a brief bit of this last night. I mean who would have ever thought 10 year old re-runs of king of Queens would be more interesting than RHW???? I must be growing.

I did see the small part where Sonja, Ramona, Heather & Crew were discussing logos, ect.. Ok first off Sonja knows full well that Ramona & Heather do not get along so don't invite Ramona to this meeting. I don't get the naked man holding a toaster oven as being the box advertisment for a toaster oven. If I saw that box I would not get there was atoaster oven in that box. It reads more like "party in a box". Serious point Sonja...if you want to be thought of as a serious business woman who has a product you want to sell to middle America drop that"sex-vixen" act pronto. You will never be taken seriously & in 2 years time your toaster ovens will be sold st Big Lots for $25 if you are lucky.

As for Aviva's father I just am speechless. I feel for Aviva.
    LOL... I'm watching King of Queens as I type this! Sonja wrote in her blog that her first choice in a marketing person was someone who has worked with Martha Stewart, she should have stuck with her gut and went with him/her. Even if she had to pay. As for Aviva's dad, I was sad we had to see him again. Seriously, I would not allow him alone with my kids. As for the bit part with Harry, I sure don't understand his charm that the ladies speak of, I don't even know how he gets a date.

tears.and.rain, yes! I meant Heather, not Gretchen...and that's not the first time I've used the wrong name for her.
    I thought this episode was very good and juicy...just a perfect example of why I watch this trash.

I'm so angry with Heather and her rude branding-guy and the way they have treated Sonja. They have treated her like an ignorant child and it's deplorable! Heather is showing us a mean, rude and unkind side of her, but I think she thinks she's showing how very savvy she is in the business world. Yeah, right...no one else has a product like Yummy Tummy!

I like the photo of the shirtless man....but not on my toaster oven box....women are not that stupid that they would buy a kitchen appliance because of some hunk on the box. We buy our appliances for what they can or can't do for us. It's well known that women are not visually attracted like men are.
    Yes, we like a good looking guy but how insulting to assume that's why we'd buy her product.....for cooking!!
    Put it on the front of a vibrator box maybe...but a toaster oven, for gosh sakes!!

Sonja is not a quick thinker...and Heather and Rude-man know this.
    I could go on and on about these two but it's already been said by many here and I think most watching can see what's going on.

I also read about the Countess's tubes having been tied....am sure it's (the baby) a Bravo created drama thing. And besides, while Luann constantly talks about having a baby, about her advanced age, about how Jacques is younger, etc etc....I've never heard her say that she would love to have a baby because she'd like a child to mother, to raise, to love. It's almost like a business deal. I find nothing maternal about Luann's constant talk about it.
    Poor baby - if she does have one. I'm sure some nanny will love her/him while mom and dad travel, party and drink their endless glasses of wine.

I think it's apparent that Sonja is miserable....about her love life, her financial situation and other unsatisfactory things in her life. Feel bad for her.

I really like and respect Carole, esp after reading her book.....but who anointed her Chief of Political Correctness?? People are allowed to say what they want, even if it's not PC.
    Think what you like about their "incorrectness" but keep it to yourself. Very rude, opinionated, and wrong to tell someone in front of others. Actually, it was "Politely Incorrect," just as offensive as being Politically Incorrect and I'm not sure I always agree with all this PC stuff but I surely don't agree with a pompous declaration of how wrong a person is in public.

Yep, very juicy episode.
    My kind of trash.
    norealityhere likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Well I read today that her mother has come out in an interview saying her daughter had her tubes tied after her last child. Plot thickens.....
    Luann has said this is her mother's way of joking and that it isn't true. Yeah, right. I don't believe that for one second. My guess it is the Bravo drama or else she wants Jacques to think it is possible and is using false hope to string him along. She doesn't come off as having genuine emotion about the kids she has, so I don't necessarily think that is unusual. But I bet she probably has to say that because of Bravo.
    OceanView likes this.

lol, i thought i was the only one who got the beefcake toaster oven box . . . . and like the brand guy said, her market is not "middle america", but their kids. i am assuming you and i are arnd the same age prhoshay . . .

and although the brand guy may be a bit cocky, he clearly knows his stuff. sonja would do well to shut up and listen.

and as always, i can't stand ramona. she is so dang rude!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am sick-to-death of all this toaster oven storyline. Just how interesting can a toaster oven be?? I hav no problem with the half-clad guy on the box....don't understand all of the protesting hoopla. The oven's hot....he's hot.....works for me. I appreciate a beautiful male form. Sex is a gift, not a sin.
    GabbyG and sparklete like this.

FORT Regular

To play Devil's Advocate - you don't need tubes to have kids by IVF (which is how most moms 40+ end up having babies). But I still think this is Bravo scripted drama.

FORT Regular

And you JUST KNOW having Ramona in the meeting with Heather, Sonja and the brand guy was Bravo scripted. Obviously...
    buttahfly and OceanView like this.

My memory may be a bit foggy here but didn't the countess have a nanny for herchildren while she was married to the count? When they got divorced & Luann had to move to the Hamptons didn't she then have to lose the nanny & left her kids pretty much to themselves while she got an apartment for herself to be close to Jack or do I have my casts screwed up? IIRC wasn't her name Rosie?
    If Luann didn't raise her 2 other children why would she raise this one? Luann is how old...47-48ish??? a few years younger than I am. I could not imagine myself running around after a 2 year old..sigh!
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I don't think for a minute that the countass actually wants to get pregnant, nor wants a baby, nor wants a child. I think she wants to snare little Jack boy for keeps. Not that he's a prize, but hey, he's male and he follows her around right now. He apparently is not particularly wealthy, nor is she; her book sales don't reveal her to be an author with much to say, she cannot sing, she's psuedo-elite; but probably she thinks she and Jack can make big bucks together.

She's an attractive woman, but whew! what energy she expends scrabbling her way to what she thinks is the top. If she were a man I'd say she's an empty suit. On second thought, maybe she is a man.
    Punkin, Jexter, Imperfect1 and 1 others like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    My memory may be a bit foggy here but didn't the countess have a nanny for herchildren while she was married to the count? When they got divorced & Luann had to move to the Hamptons didn't she then have to lose the nanny & left her kids pretty much to themselves while she got an apartment for herself to be close to Jack or do I have my casts screwed up? IIRC wasn't her name Rosie?
    If Luann didn't raise her 2 other children why would she raise this one? Luann is how old...47-48ish??? a few years younger than I am. I could not imagine myself running around after a 2 year old..sigh!
    You have it right. That is why Ramona called her a "weekend mom". Luann was very offended, but it is true. They live on their own and she drops in on weekends, I don't know if it is every weekend or not. When she was being affectionate with the daughter, she had this look on her face like she thought it is weird and wondering where that came from, you can tell they are not close at all. This one would be raised by a nanny or whatever family member she can pawn the kid off on. I am 43 and would never want to chase after a little one. I had suprise twins at 38 so that is bad enough.
    Punkin and OceanView like this.

+ Reply to Thread