+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2197Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

When you say Gretchen you mean Heather right?

Heather saying that you are a friend because you are not paying for it--Well I am sure Heather is not paying for it either and Mr. Brand was looking for some free advertising being on Bravo. I think it is negative advertising for him, because he surely is not listening to Sonja. Strike two for non listening Heather.

Count me in with you guys who do not think a naked man chest sells a toaster. I think it might unsell me on it (if you lined all the competitors up).
    You can do it!

You know how considerater Aviva is.

It was funny when she smacked her hand contents in Harry's face. He looked very willing to chase after Aviva even after the hand pop (despite probable a great history of negative stuff). Funny
    You can do it!

I agree with Sonja about something she said in the first meeting to the camera. She was disappointed that the creator/designer/ad guy, didn't read up on her or know anything about her when he came up with his creations for her product. He just had the bare facts. I don't think he could do a good job without doing his homework. Even if you are doing someone a favor and it's free, as a professional you have certain standards that should be followed. If the guy really knew Sonja, then I think that her feedback would make sense and he could have gotten it. Still, I'm not really opposed to the bare chested guy. Why didn't that guy or Heather know how to "SELL" the idea? That is part of of it. Ever watch Mad Men?

And as far as Heather claiming that she is just helping Sonja out and that Sonja is NOT a client? Please. As an attorney, when you assist friends or family with answering questions, looking into a legal matter, etc. for free, they becomse CLIENTS, no matter that you don't get paid. The same standard of care is required. I'm surprised Heather doesn't look at it that way with her profession. The more I see her in a business setting, the more I am unimpressed and confused. This woman is successful in her area of business in NYC??? Shocking to me. She doesn't seem that bright and does not have a winning personality. I don't get it. I think this show could actually hurt her career.
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-07-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    OceanView likes this.

I only saw a brief bit of this last night. I mean who would have ever thought 10 year old re-runs of king of Queens would be more interesting than RHW???? I must be growing.

I did see the small part where Sonja, Ramona, Heather & Crew were discussing logos, ect.. Ok first off Sonja knows full well that Ramona & Heather do not get along so don't invite Ramona to this meeting. I don't get the naked man holding a toaster oven as being the box advertisment for a toaster oven. If I saw that box I would not get there was atoaster oven in that box. It reads more like "party in a box". Serious point Sonja...if you want to be thought of as a serious business woman who has a product you want to sell to middle America drop that"sex-vixen" act pronto. You will never be taken seriously & in 2 years time your toaster ovens will be sold st Big Lots for $25 if you are lucky.

As for Aviva's father I just am speechless. I feel for Aviva.
    GabbyG likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am sick-to-death of all this toaster oven storyline. Just how interesting can a toaster oven be?? I hav no problem with the half-clad guy on the box....don't understand all of the protesting hoopla. The oven's hot....he's hot.....works for me. I appreciate a beautiful male form. Sex is a gift, not a sin.
    Starbucks880 and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Okay, I'm calling Luanne's bluff not having a clue about the band's type of music. The first song that plays on their website talks about booze and drugs; granted a lot of bands do, but you wouldn't hire those bands either for Jingle Bells. According to the band, the "I want to F you" song was inspired by Luanne treating them like crap at the party and missing the earlier rehersal. They had high praise for Jaques though.

I look forward to Alex McCord's video recaps of each episode on Rumor Fix. She's funny and kind of cool in them, so where was that chick last season?

FORT Regular

And LuAnne is ridiculous with this wanting to get pregnant story line. It seems like another Bravo script. When confronted she admitted that she wanted a baby to "keep Jacques around." But when she talks of the baby there is no real genuine emotion there, its like she's reading off the telepromter.
    Punkin and OceanView like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree with Sonja about something she said in the first meeting to the camera. She was disappointed that the creator/designer/ad guy, didn't read up on her or know anything about her when he came up with his creations for her product. He just had the bare facts. I don't think he could do a good job without doing his homework. Even if you are doing someone a favor and it's free, as a professional you have certain standards that should be followed. If the guy really knew Sonja, then I think that her feedback would make sense and he could have gotten it. Still, I'm not really opposed to the bare chested guy. Why didn't that guy or Heather know how to "SELL" the idea? That is part of of it. Ever watch Mad Men?

And as far as Heather claiming that she is just helping Sonja out and that Sonja is NOT a client? Please. As an attorney, when you assist friends or family with answering questions, looking into a legal matter, etc. for free, they becomse CLIENTS, no matter that you don't get paid. The same standard of care is required. I'm surprised Heather doesn't look at it that way with her profession. The more I see her in a business setting, the more I am unimpressed and confused. This woman is successful in her area of business in NYC??? Shocking to me. She doesn't seem that bright and does not have a winning personality. I don't get it. I think this show could actually hurt her career.
    I only saw snippets of the recent episode (Olympics trumped), but I what I gather is very similar to this.

The thing is, neither is listening to the other. The logo guy didn't even look at Sonja's website. This is the fist thing someone serious about helping would do - esp. because he didn't know her. Heather didn't seem to think this was odd. . This tells me that neither the logo guy nor Heather are taking Sonja seriously. I think Sonja was offended right from the get-go by this very obvious lack of respect, and I don't blame her a bit.

Now Sonja feels she has to fight for her voice in this because they have yet to truely listen to it.

I'm with Sonja on this one.

I would go further and suggest that this is a pattern with Heather. My theory is that Heather talks so much as a way of controlling things around her. She only lets people chime in if/when she lets them. I think the same thing is happening with Sonjya. Heather thinks the toaster oven thing should go a certain way (her way), and she hasn't really let Sonja into the procees - other than to tell her that she's wrong.

Sonja MAY be wrong, but what's the old expression....it's not what you say, but how you say it.

I have yet to be endeared by Heather. I really hope to learn that she is able to loosen up and enjoy things a bit more. I think she has a lot to offer the show, and I would like to see more of her business and her son, but she does need to reevaluate how she handles people. She really has no clue she's doing it, I think.
    Last edited by Jexter; 08-07-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    Imperfect1 and OceanView like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Heather saying that you are a friend because you are not paying for it--Well I am sure Heather is not paying for it either and Mr. Brand was looking for some free advertising being on Bravo. I think it is negative advertising for him, because he surely is not listening to Sonja. Strike two for non listening Heather.

Count me in with you guys who do not think a naked man chest sells a toaster. I think it might unsell me on it (if you lined all the competitors up).
    I saw it exactly as you did. I would never work with this man (free or not) or hire him (or even Heather for that matter.) Heather really rubs me the wrong way. So what is Sonja to do, go against her gut feelings because the man is not accepting money from her, altho is planning on making money from all the free advertising (good luck with that!)? And as for the naked man selling me a toaster oven.... no way.
    Punkin and Lizard like this.

+ Reply to Thread