+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2222Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

  1. #2741
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    This is probably going to sound negative but it's what I feel:
    I agree that Bravo probably set up the whole Sonja/Aviva dad thing but it's perfectly understandable.
    I really like Sonja but she's pretty transparent....I'm not so sure that she married Mr. Morgan, twenty years older than her, strictly for love. And I don't have a problem with that. Not everyone marries for love alone.
    Sonja is constantly reminding everyone and anyone how sexual she is...the way she dresses, or rather un-dresses, the constant flirting w/anything male, etc. etc.
    I've read that she never wears underpants, rarely a bra and is constantly "flashing - a la Sharon Stone" anyone in the vicinity...that the husbands are used to it, etc etc.
    So given these two presumptions in my mind, Aviva's husband was a perfect choice for Sonja.
    To me, she seems needy and insecure and I think she needs a man with wealth/power and that her place in society is dangerously slipping.
    I imagine it would be difficult to go from being Mrs J P Morgan to Mrs Nobody with No Money. And age is creeping up on her.
    Punkin and OceanView like this.

  2. #2742
    FORT Fogey Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Sonja flashing. Perhaps first husband was a perve and Aviva knew this and wanted to make Sonja happy. Sonja was telling Carol to keep those things (her bits) to herself? CUZ there is only one Flasher around here baby
    You can do it!

  3. #2743
    I'm Just Sayin' mayamaisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    263

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I am Ramona's age & am proud to admit it. Through my years of experience, although there have been numerous times I have really wanted to "speak my mind" I haven't. I have learned to filter my thoughts & keep them to myself. I have learned to smile through what I want to say but not in that annoyingly sweet smile way.
    The bathing suit...sigh...I swim 100 laps daily and even I have retired the bikinis and I am a size 2.
    IMO one piece swimming suits are much more appealing (sexy) than bikinis. The bikinis leave nothing to the imagination (maybe that's the point) and a lot of folks that are wearing them shouldn't be. Sometimes I think to myself when I see some of these bikini wearing ladies "wish I had their mirror". I hope I haven't offended anyone but is it just my opinion.
    Lizard, Debb70 and OceanView like this.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

  4. #2744
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,928

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha View Post
    IMO one piece swimming suits are much more appealing (sexy) than bikinis. The bikinis leave nothing to the imagination (maybe that's the point) and a lot of folks that are wearing them shouldn't be. Sometimes I think to myself when I see some of these bikini wearing ladies "wish I had their mirror". I hope I haven't offended anyone but is it just my opinion.
    I agree, but I will say that a few years ago when I was in my early forties and quite slim, I pushed the envelope and didn't even know it. I wore bikinis but normally kept on my little shorts/skirt suit coverups when in public. I would also occassionally wear very short shorts to a cookout or outdoor summer event at the club or on a boat. I can't imagine what other women must have said about me behind my back. To my face they said I looked great. My ex, who was quite a bit older than me, told me I looked hot, so I went with it. I can hardly believe that then I thought nothing of it. My friends from that time, who remind me of the Housevives of NY, ALSO dressed that way. LOL We partied a lot, worked out, and felt young at heart. Oh well......

    Now, a little older and a few pounds heavier, I'm much more discreet!

  5. #2745
    FORT Fogey candor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    3,175

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Sonja (or as Luann pronounces it, "Sanya") is nice enough, but she's starting to grate on me. She's created a caricature of herself. The fluttery, nonstop talking; the over-the-top flirting; the oops-I-showed-my-ass. She's trying to be Lucille Ball or something. I'd like to see her when the cameras are off and she's having a quiet moment.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

  6. #2746
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,046

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Sonja (or as Luann pronounces it, "Sanya") is nice enough, but she's starting to grate on me. She's created a caricature of herself. The fluttery, nonstop talking; the over-the-top flirting; the oops-I-showed-my-ass. She's trying to be Lucille Ball or something. I'd like to see her when the cameras are off and she's having a quiet moment.
    I thought this her first season. I really didn't like her much (or most of the cast at that time). After watching her this season, I think I understand her better. To me, she seems extremely worried about things - so stressed that she can't really function well in the real world. It's as if her mind is always on something else.

    I'm actually more sad/worried for her than anything.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

  7. #2747
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    I, also, feel sorry for Sonja...unless she finds a nice rich guy to marry, I don't see her being able to keep up with the rest of the Housewives...She seems to be hanging onto the outer edge of the social circle she used to be a part of. And I agree, she seems more like a caricature now.
    And Debb70, you're not alone in being slightly dismayed at what we used to wear...I did the same thing...I may have looked a lot younger than I actually was but now I wish I hadn't worn a lot of the clothes I did....although I was never really over the top but like you...maybe the short shorts and short skirts weren't appropriate.
    But that was then and nothing I can do about it now.
    Starbucks880 and Coco46 like this.

  8. #2748
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,102

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Maybe we should take pictures of ourselves with our camera phones to check out our outfits? I do that with my jewelry to see if it really works like I think it does!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #2749
    FORT Fogey GabbyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,091

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I, also, feel sorry for Sonja...unless she finds a nice rich guy to marry, I don't see her being able to keep up with the rest of the Housewives...She seems to be hanging onto the outer edge of the social circle she used to be a part of. And I agree, she seems more like a caricature now.
    And Debb70, you're not alone in being slightly dismayed at what we used to wear...I did the same thing...I may have looked a lot younger than I actually was but now I wish I hadn't worn a lot of the clothes I did....although I was never really over the top but like you...maybe the short shorts and short skirts weren't appropriate.
    But that was then and nothing I can do about it now.
    In the past I have really liked Sonja but more and more she seems to just be desperate. I have many friends who were staying at home raising the kids, then have gotten divorced and they went out and got 8-5 jobs and were able to go on. I do not understand why she doesn't get a job to bring in money. Men are great, but if your friends dump you because of your changes in finances, they weren't your friends to start with.
    Punkin and OceanView like this.

  10. #2750
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    I think there are a lot of jobs that Sonja could do really well and she has the connections to be able to find something. I had heard that she was great at the job she had when she met her husband...
    But I dont' get the feeling she wants to work and I don't know why. She has a great bubbly personality and all her experiences with her ex must surely bring a lot to the table...especially with the wealthy types that she prefers to be around. She knows what the Good Life is all about so I could see her doing a lot of different jobs.
    Lizard likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.