+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1526Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I didn't see anything wrong w/Ramona's swim suit...Can't stand the woman but she has a fantastic body for her age...for any age!!
    But she's as obnoxious as heck!! Who can stand to be friends with her for very long?? She would try a Saint's patience!
    Have never seen such an awful perv as Aviva's father...I can only come to the conclusion that Aviva was trying to give Sonja an opportunity to marry some old wealthy dude. Money seems to be the only positive attraction for that man....if that's what you want and I think that's what Sonja wants. But I think even she is not that desperate. Thank goodness.
    I had no problem with Carole telling Luann her feelings about Lou asking her designer friend to borrow a dress. Luann thinks she always above reproach and behaves in a perfect way at all times, especially in contrast with the rest of the lowly world. I enjoyed the Princess telling the Countess about proper behavior.
    Aviva seems have little confidence in herself and does not seem to stand up to anyone who steps over the line...but hoping from the previews this doesn't continue.
    I was shocked to see Ramona go into the kitchen and direct the staff about the food. Who does that?!

I too thought what is up about the bathing suit comment. I thought Ramona's suit was cuteI guess Aviva is 36. In 20 years she would be very very happy to look like Ramona. I am 47 and my body doesnot lookas good as Ramona's.

I think women in one pieces might get more attention because they are not trying as hard as the twp piecers. That is what I recall from my 20s (when I wore a two piece)..I should wear a one piece today
    Last edited by Lizard; 08-01-2012 at 04:52 AM.
    You can do it!

I am really enjoying carole's little barbs. I also had no problem with her confronting Luann. Luann is way too much of a diva and thinks she does no wrong. I just would love to hear her one day to someone, "I was wrong and I am sorry." And milking the Countess title and dropping the name of royalty and her overall behavior makes me wonder if she was really poor growing up and ashamed of that fact and she is desperate to cling to anything that makes her seem royal to avoid going back to that. I also cannot wait to see Aviva finally get a spine and just go off on Ramona. Something is really wrong with her--I don't know if it is the alcohol or some sort of mental disorder or what. Aviva's dad was just disgusting. I hope he was just acting over the top in front of the cameras and that he isn't really that way. If I had a friend try to set me up with that, I would be rethinking the friendship. Either they really didn't know me or they were trying to be cruel. Ramona also looks fabulous for her age and when I get to be her age, I hope to look that good.
    livin4reality, GabbyG and Moontat like this.

there is something to be said for dressing appropriately for your age . . . .my mom has a fab body but she sure wouldn't be caught dead in a swimsuit that resembles one my 20something cousin would wear . .
    norealityhere likes this.

I am Ramona's age & am proud to admit it. Through my years of experience, although there have been numerous times I have really wanted to "speak my mind" I haven't. I have learned to filter my thoughts & keep them to myself. I have learned to smile through what I want to say but not in that annoyingly sweet smile way.
    The bathing suit...sigh...I swim 100 laps daily and even I have retired the bikinis and I am a size 2.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Regular

The whole Aviva setting up her father with Sonja screams Bravo arrangement to me. Aviva up until now, while nice hasn't provided much in the way of drama. And I'm sure her idea of having an episode revolving around her and Reed bringing a few housewives along to her Miami vacation home just wasn't enough in the drama department. I could totally see the Bravo producers telling her, "but if you invite your crazy sexual, perv dad, have him amp up his persona and set him up with Sonja that would work!!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Aviva seems to want other people to fight her battle with Ramona.

Aviva's dad is obnoxious. I think the women should be offended that this man thinks it's OK to talk like he does around them when he doesn't really know them. That's where my problem would be; the men laughing at him don't help matters any, either. This man would fit in great with those New Jersey imbeciles. I've always felt that no one should presume it's OK to behave in just any old juvenile, classless manner with people that they don't know.

And I don't think it was that Ramona's bathing suit was necessarily that bad (never really got a good look at it); it's more about picking the right bathing suit for your body. She probably could have done better. Must say that I don't think it flattered her much. Just because you think something fits you is not necessarily a reason to wear it. I think that bathing suit is meant for somebody who is toned and cut...which wouldn't describe Ramona!
    Lizard and norealityhere like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Even if Bravo suggested setting Aviva's father up with Sonja, it was a really unappetizing sidelight and I would have hoped Aviva wouldn't have agreed.-- At least not if she wants to name-call people for bad taste, or judgment.

As far as Ramona's bathing suit-- if she enjoys wearing it, what's the harm? I haven't seen the suit, but my feeliing is women are way too judgmental of one another's appearance and taste in clothing. We need to lighten up on other women--

I'm kind of thinking that probably the Sonja/Aviva's father thing had to be Bravo's idea-- I'd be annoyed already if someone my age hooked me up with with their father. And then he turns out to be an unattractive creep. Unless he were awfully cool, rich, talented and clever-- and after meeting that guy, I'd have been fuming. And Sonja maintains a "charmed, I'm sure" composure throughout the whole thing.
    Moontat likes this.

Has anyone seen Jill Zarin on Good Afternoon America??????? Is she a regular????????? OMG. She looks GREAT. I saw her on there today! She has to have had work done and it must have been by Barbara Walters surgeon, because you can't tell she's had anything done, except for the fact that she looks 10 years younger! Unbelievable.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She's not a regular. She comes in for a segment that they call "Toe-To-Toe". It's where a man and a woman give their view points on a subject.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread