+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2606Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    The segment on Ramona giving a speech for "how to have it all" was kind of hilarious. What wisdom could this crazy woman possibly impart and who the hell would show up and have the patience to spend more than 5 minutes of their day listening to her? Ridiculous.
    Color me ridiculous. Ramona may come off as cooky but she knows what she is doing as a business woman.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I kind of want Bravo to revamp RHoM and make it about the older set--kind of like a reality Golden Girls. I'd watch the hell out of that.
    This is a really great idea. I, too, would watch.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-24-2012 at 01:54 AM.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

T
    First, the Florida grandparents....Reid's mom seemed fairly normal, though there were shades of a more refined Sylvia Fine in there (it must be a Drescher thing ). But Aviva's dad....good lord, if that were my father, I'd keep him as far away from cameras as possible. However, as I'm not a blood relative, I kind of want Bravo to revamp RHoM and make it about the older set--kind of like a reality Golden Girls. I'd watch the hell out of that. Heck, back on RHoM, the best character was the mom of the gal that got married in snow.
    What a great idea! I'd watch for sure. Maybe with Baby Boomers getting so old now, we'll have more shows like that.
    And "Ka-doos" to anyone knowing what Ramona says. Altho Luann can't pronounce "Sonja" and Sonja can't pronounce bidet and something else they were eating at dinner...can't remember what it was but it certainly tickled Carole.

FORT Fogey

I really really liked Aviva in this episode. I thought the way that she spoke up to Ramona about what LuAnn and Jacques did at the wine party was very classy. She voiced her support for Ramona, let her know she was on her side, but resisted ripping LuAnn apart too much. Then, when Ramona took what she said and ran with it ripping LuAnn apart on her own, you could tell that Aviva was not going to join in, and was perhaps kind of sorry she'd brought it up in the first place.

Agree about keeping Aviva's dad away from the cameras. Old man is paying young women in Miami for sex obviously.....telling Reid's mom that she must occupy herself with a vibrator. His mom is a good sport. I do not believe she wanted to have sex with Aviva's dad. She was just pointing out that he was interested in young woman. And it would obviously be too mean to point out to the old potato that nobody wants him.

Luanne and the borrowing--I guess that is a New York thing. They do not want to pay for it because they only plan on being scene in it once.....Luanne is getting on some nerves I see.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    You can do it!

i think both words were her attempts to say cilantro, lol

At the steakhouse, she marveled rapturously about the ceviche and the "calandra" and "cilantra". I played that back three times and get the second thing she's saying is cilantro, but what the heck did she mean by "calandra"? I googled the restaurant and looked at the menu, but there was no ceviche. I googled "calandra" and got no where. I pulled out my Food Lover's Companion and came up dry. Anyone got a better understanding?

FORT Fogey

I'm going to be sad the next few episodes. I really do not look forward to seeing Sonjy take a nose dive. I really do feel bad for her. Her flighty behavior, IMO, is masking a ton of stress and emotional sadness.

I have been enjoying the fact that Carol and Aviva have been enjoying Ramona and Sonja and will be sad to see that come to an end - esp. by calling them white trash. Thus far, I like Aviva and want to keep liking her, but that might do me in. The arrogance would drive me over the edge.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Ramona: 'Master Somenyay' (her word) - "It needs more flavor... needs a little more depth, more depth. More depth!"

Perhaps that's why her Pinot Grigio sits on the shelf at Target next to the box-o-wine.
    norealityhere likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Ramona was trying to comment on the cilantro in the ceviche. She pronounces words like Alexis on OC does.
    I absolutely love Aviva's husband, Reid. He's just so sweet and shy and endearing and obviously totally smitten with her.
    I can't wait to hear about the "white trash"!!

After watching "Saint Emily" on the Bachelorette this season, I totally need the snark I get from the Housewives and they never let me down!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

T
    At the steakhouse, she marveled rapturously about the ceviche and the "calandra" and "cilantra". I played that back three times and get the second thing she's saying is cilantro, but what the heck did she mean by "calandra"? I googled the restaurant and looked at the menu, but there was no ceviche. I googled "calandra" and got no where. I pulled out my Food Lover's Companion and came up dry. Anyone got a better understanding? .
    I read your post last night and watched the episode today, trying to "translate" Ramona's strange words....what I think she meant was Coriander....I've used that in salads, etc. Coriander is the same plant (herb) as Cilantro...Coriander is the seed(s) and cilantro is the leaves..... so the ceviche may have had both, or one or who knows when we're talking about Ramona!
    But I think calandra was Ramona-ese for coriander.
    Ka-doos to Ramona for even guessing one....I don't think I'll ever forget her Ka-doos!

Can anyone please explain to me why we really need Sonja's toaster oven? I have an Oster which I love & use all the time.
    What's Going On With Sonja Morgan's Toaster Oven Cookbook?! | Reality TV Magazine
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread