+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2201Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I disagree I think she does have ill will in mind. Or maybe not but at least she knows she's hurting people.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I disagree I think she does have ill will in mind. Or maybe not but at least she knows she's hurting people.
    I don't think it's ill will. I think it's what Carol called it awhile back..."life according to Ramona" or something like that. In otherwords, Ramona thinks people should behave by her standards. When they don't is when she gets feisty. She just thinks her way is the right way. Well-intentioned, but unfortunate.
    Dragonlady likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Thank you, livin4reality, for the list of food at the party. I was sure I had seen some shrimp at one time!
    I just don't think we were privy to seeing them eat during camera time. Maybe Heather just needed something to complain about. And besides, most of these women really don't eat that much anyway.
    I really don't like Heather. Just seems so fake but then so is Luann, and yet, she doesn't bother me as much as this Heather-person. Go figure.
    So it's just not me, I can't stand that Heather either and that fake smile. I love Aviva. So many of these very imperfect housewives like to pretend they areperfect , but Aviva is so up front with everything. She can laugh at herself and I just love how she is so up front with her accident and fake leg. What an example she is setting. I love how she and her hubby are so happy together, they obviously adore each other.
    livin4reality and Moontat like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I don't see Heather as fake. Ramona came off as rude when they first met b/c she said to her face she talked too much. Only because she was trying to make conversation and agreeing with Mario about places he had been or where he was from. You do that when you see or hear something that you have in common. Yes, he was trying to say something but only Ramona was in a hurry to get him to finish so she could move on to her story. Only people that do that are self centered which we all know she is. I think Heather was being charming but Ramona took that as talking too much because she was taking too much time away from herself - the center of attention. Then when Heather told others what Ramona told her, Ramona takes it as talking behind her back. No, Heather was merely repeating the truth, Ramona was rude to her to her face, nothing new there. So I agree with Heather, I wouldn't want her with me on my business trip in London. No need to invite everyone. Not everyone can be invited everywhere, they aren't in grade school, and Ramona needs to get over it.

She didn't invite Jill to her party in the Hamptons the first night of Season 2 or 3, can't remember which and Jill heard about the party. Why wouldn't she invite her, they were all supposed to be filming together but she didn't invite her good friend who she has known for years? Give me a break and that was just across a few blocks, much less across an ocean.

And when Heather was telling her about her son's illness at birth and his surgeries, Ramona has to compare that her daughter didn't cry at first when she was born....don't most babies not cry at first? Not sure but that doesn't compare to having to have a liver transplant at birth to having a few seconds of not crying. Maybe I'm not remembering the story right but her daughter had no ailments and was not near death - just another instance of Ramona having to share the spotlight.
    I find Heather so fake and very condescending.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Ramona is so extreme she is hard to take seriously and she really doesn't have ill will in mind. I'm not offended by her at all. As they say, "consider the source".
    I truly think the alcohol has affected Ramona's mind. I feel so sorry for these women's children. It has to be tough to admit you are the child of some of these wackos. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    I truly think the alcohol has affected Ramona's mind. I feel so sorry for these women's children. It has to be tough to admit you are the child of some of these wackos. LOL
    Ain't that the truth!!

I don't think Ramona drinks nearly as much as her character is edited to look as.

I find I have zero interest in Heather other than to grab my remote & FF through her scenes.
    Jexter and Imperfect1 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Regular

The segment on Ramona giving a speech for "how to have it all" was kind of hilarious. What wisdom could this crazy woman possibly impart and who the hell would show up and have the patience to spend more than 5 minutes of their day listening to her? Ridiculous.
    Uncle David and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    The segment on Ramona giving a speech for "how to have it all" was kind of hilarious. What wisdom could this crazy woman possibly impart and who the hell would show up and have the patience to spend more than 5 minutes of their day listening to her? Ridiculous.
    I am a Ramona supporter, but she is over the top when it comes to her speeches about women in business. She gave this big speech at some women's conference a couple of seasons ago too.

I have attended many conferences, conventions, tribute dinners, award ceremonies, etc. for many years, and I have never heard any successful person say from the podium, the things she says. Ramona seems to applaud herself for all her hard work and dedication and then brags on what she's accomplished. Real successful people, offer thanks to OTHERS for their support and love and then they talk about how they have been blessed with the opportunity to help others. I'm not sure why Ramona doesn't get that.
    Punkin and Uncle David like this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Thank the Bravo gods, Ramona and Heather were separated for this episode and it was actually kind of funny.

First, the Florida grandparents....Reid's mom seemed fairly normal, though there were shades of a more refined Sylvia Fine in there (it must be a Drescher thing ). But Aviva's dad....good lord, if that were my father, I'd keep him as far away from cameras as possible. However, as I'm not a blood relative, I kind of want Bravo to revamp RHoM and make it about the older set--kind of like a reality Golden Girls. I'd watch the hell out of that. Heck, back on RHoM, the best character was the mom of the gal that got married in snow.

On to Ramona, who dominated the episode to my eyes. First, Luann and Jacques were total asses to her at the wine tasting party. Yes, Ramona can be caustic, talk too much, and make herself the center of attention for no reason, but this was a targeted move to make her look like a fool. It'd be like if Ramona pushed Luann into a royal etiquette test run by Emily Post's successor. Except Ramona didn't do that poorly and I'm fairly sure Luann would fail miserably. Then on to Miami for the mispronunciation festival! Admiring her legs in the tacky short skirt Mario bought, she had good "glams". At the steakhouse, she marveled rapturously about the ceviche and the "calandra" and "cilantra". I played that back three times and get the second thing she's saying is cilantro, but what the heck did she mean by "calandra"? I googled the restaurant and looked at the menu, but there was no ceviche. I googled "calandra" and got no where. I pulled out my Food Lover's Companion and came up dry. Anyone got a better understanding? Anyway, it looks like things are going to go off the rails with Ramona & Aviva down the road, but it might not be for several weeks because of the Olympics, which is just another reason for me to hate the Olympics. I want to see Scary Island Part 2 ASAP!

Lu & Heather at the brow place was just kinda dull. Inasmuch as I like Carole, I thought her chat with the jewelery designer lady was just pushing the catty border. And Sonja...I'm kind of on her side in that the branding expert Heather had with her should have at least looked at Sonja's website, but it's free advice, so what does she expect, especially since she's dragging around a toaster oven in a suitcase.

One other thing for folks familiar with going out to the Hamptons...the flight from NYC to Miami takes about 3 hours. Does it really take 3+ to drive to the Hamptons? I suppose it could, depending on traffic.

+ Reply to Thread