+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2467Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Luann was on with Andy last night saying that it's others who keep calling her Countess and it's out of her control, PLUS, that is her identity. (Her words.) lol

Maybe I missed something, so help me if you know. Where was the food at the anniversary party? There were a couple of comments about there being a cake, but no forks and plates. Plus, I never saw any finger food. Why wouldn't you serve some food with the drinks? I don't get it. I have attended and thrown many events and have never seen one where you served drinks and not food. I don't think it's a NY thing, because it was New Yorkers who were complaining last night. ?????

I'm going out on a limb and guessing that Aviva's fall was not scripted. I do like her husband and Heather's husband.
    sparklete likes this.

I saw part of this last night until I fell asleep. I get Ramona being Ramona. Heather OTOH...she is down right crazy. Ranona did not want to talk to her other than an hello so why follow her all over the room trying to start crap. I wanted to smack that phoney fake smile right off her face. Ramona felt slighted that YOU decided to exclude only her from your London trip. Gee I don't know...I think I wouldn't want to try to have a relationship with anyone who did that to me.
    Heather needs to be sent packing after this season. Can not stand the fakeness of this woman.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I thought Heather following Ramona around was rude, bizarre, etc., however, I try to envision the film crew, producer, etc., egging her on, saying go after her, go after her, we need footage....we can't just film people standing around talking. Their initial confrontation was too short and not explosive enough. I bet they needed more drama. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Luann was on with Andy last night saying that it's others who keep calling her Countess and it's out of her control, PLUS, that is her identity. (Her words.) lol
    I think a few episodes ago, she did tell one of the new ladies that it's OK just to call her LuAnn. I thought at the time that that was odd, since I remember her pretty much putting Bethenny in her place over introducing her as LuAnn instead of Countess De whoever way back in Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I think a few episodes ago, she did tell one of the new ladies that it's OK just to call her LuAnn. I thought at the time that that was odd, since I remember her pretty much putting Bethenny in her place over introducing her as LuAnn instead of Countess De whoever way back in Season 1
    I think it was a cab driver or pizza delivery person that Bethenny referred to Luann by her last name and Luann was insulted and called her on it. It's Countess, ladies. Anyone of elegance knows that. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Maybe I missed something, so help me if you know. Where was the food at the anniversary party? There were a couple of comments about there being a cake, but no forks and plates. Plus, I never saw any finger food. Why wouldn't you serve some food with the drinks? I don't get it. I have attended and thrown many events and have never seen one where you served drinks and not food. I don't think it's a NY thing, because it was New Yorkers who were complaining last night. ?????
    Sonja addressed that on her Bravo blog. Apparently they went with passed petite entrees.

Truffled Wild Mushroom Risotto Torte
    with roasted tomatoes and red onion compote

Shrimp Madras
    with basmati rice

Roast Long Island Duck
    on a bed of wild rice with pecan, cranberries and butternut squash with raspberry sauce

Dessert
    Passed

A Taste of Vermont Cobbler Station
    Apple Cobbler, Peach Cobbler, Blueberry Cobbler and Bread Pudding
    with vanilla ice cream and homemade fresh whipped cream
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

One of the major problems I have with Luann is that I simply can't remember if she has ever owned up or apologized for anything. In all the years on HW's has she ever taken ownership of any bad behavior? Its always the other person's issues.

From her blog on bravo:

"London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down; London Bridge is falling down, my fair lady!

Wow. . .I guess I'm better at dealing with jet lag than other people because I had a great time in London, in spite of the time change. I was stayed in good spirits throughout our trip. I'm always up for croquet, shopping, sightseeing, and I really enjoyed spending time with the girls.

I'm going to be nice and attribute Carole's increasing irritability with me to tiredness, because while I was feeling fab and ready to have a great time, she was obviously feeling drab. I think Carole needed a good long nap because she was acting shall I say, less mature than usual!"

Carol's blog was excellently amusing.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Wtf was with that so called singer? I was sure it was a SNL skit,lol
    I just saw the episode today, and I died laughing when I thought about your SNL skit comment!!! It was spot on!!!!

And the part where she started slapping her "flippers" together and "arfing" like a seal......PRICELESS!!! I was waiting for somebody to throw her a fish!

I know I'm going to watch this episode again!!!
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

THe singer, Kara, is no stranger to Bravo or to NBC.
    She was on Millionaire Matchmaker. She was also on some NBC dating show a few seasons ago. She looked a lot older last night and also appears to be eating regular meals.
    I love Aviva's husband. He seems totally besotted with his wife and, considering his extreme wealth, he comes across as really sweet and endearing. Aviva falling down the steps reminded me of when Heather - Paul Macartney's ex - was on DWTS and she fell down.
    Both women handled it graciously and with aplomb.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I need to know who in their right mind told Kara she had singing talent? The woman sounded like a howler monkey!
    buttahfly likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread